How do I fix my disc tray sounding like a drill?

Discus and support How do I fix my disc tray sounding like a drill? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing Black Ops 1 with friends and I pull out the disc and when I try to put in a new disc after a few hours, it then sounds like a drill being... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gotnolifeskills, May 8, 2023.

1. How do I fix my disc tray sounding like a drill?

I was playing Black Ops 1 with friends and I pull out the disc and when I try to put in a new disc after a few hours, it then sounds like a drill being spun. I don't know what to do and my friends never encountered this. I know this didn't happen to anyone else or it's just something inside.

:)

gotnolifeskills, May 8, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hi GOTNOLIFESKILLS, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist you with this

But before that please tell me:

What console are you using?
    Are you using the console vertically or horizontally?
    Is this happening now with every disc you insert and couple hours passes?
    What procedures you tried to fix this?
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Thanks for the information, reading your new reply this seems to be a hardware issue with the disc tray :(

In this situation you may need to open a repair request. If your console is out of warranty its necessary to pay a fee.

If you need to know how to request a repair please visit this article

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

You can try using your console vertically to see if that makes a difference, but in any case I recommend the repair request.
  4. gotnolifeskills Win User

Series X
    Horizontal
    Yes but every time I attempt to insert it, I pull it back and it just attempts to like put it inside and jam it inside when I fully put it in I think
    I thought there was something inside so i pressed the eject button but theres nothing coming out
  5. aXs Dalton Win User

MY DISC TRAY DOES WEIRD

Hi there,

It sounds like the disc tray on your console has broken. I recommend you contact your country's Xbox Support to have fixed.
  6. Aztr1x Win User

Fifa 19 installation doesnt work

Hi StefanTolhoek!

Just a quick question.

• Do you hear an unusual sound when you put the disc into the disc tray? For example, a sort of "clunking" and/or clicking sound.

Seeing how your Xbox One is recently new, it has been known that some new consoles do not send the disc far enough into the disc tray and therefore doesn't attempt to read or download the game.
Thema:

1. How do I fix my disc tray sounding like a drill? - Similar Threads - fix disc tray

2. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  3. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??: My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops. 2e6fceb2-3fd5-4ec3-b2a4-06c0ba0fccbf
  4. I can't get the disc to run the game, how can I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't get the disc to run the game, how can I fix this?: Title is a bit of a lie I have the ultimate edition for fallout New Vegas on disc and I've been trying to install the DLC from the DLC disc but both discs only load up the game pass version of it...
  5. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  6. How do you fix a disc installation issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you fix a disc installation issue?: I got COD AW a few days ago, it started downloading normally as any other game would be but suddenly when it reaches to a certain percentage point where it stops downloading and no matter how many...
  7. how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive: need to know if im able to purchase a new disc drive or would it accept a new drive a430265b-6961-4452-9bcc-b23772f3f2ba
  8. Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully. Is there a way to fix it? It has been ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully. Is there a way to fix it? It has been ...: Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully. Is there a way to fix it? It has been opening fully for 2 months 871a26ff-7e1f-4709-b01d-c0da5e5bda71
  9. anyone know how to fix OPEN TRAY problem every time i put a disc in thankyou

in XBoX on Consoles
    anyone know how to fix OPEN TRAY problem every time i put a disc in thankyou: everytime i put a disk in to play it keeps saying open tray and will not play the disc 2788cc36-7408-4bb6-8f85-a60564f11bf1
  10. Xbox 360 Slim disc tray is not working at all? How can i fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim disc tray is not working at all? How can i fix it?: I turned on my 360 slim the other day and saw that the center light was blinking. The tray wouldnt open. I know about the yellow slot on the side and opened it using that and put a game in. But...