How do I fix my controllers joystick that won’t work when I click it?

Discus and support How do I fix my controllers joystick that won’t work when I click it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sometimes it works if I press it down hard. dd5fc550-569c-4032-b4fc-9dc690114f1a Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by samuel dunn, Dec 27, 2023.

1. samuel dunn
    samuel dunn Guest

Sometimes it works if I press it down hard.

:)

samuel dunn, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Samuel D, My name is Oskayra and it will be a pleasure to help you with your problem.

I tell you in advance so that there are no misunderstandings, this is a public forum for user-to-user support. We are users who help other users. We don't work for Microsoft.

I found this information that could help you solve your problem:

The most likely thing is that the joystick of your controller has wear and tear due to use, I recommend that you apply these instructions:

One possibility is that the joystick click mechanism is dirty or damaged. To fix this problem, you can try cleaning the click mechanism with a cotton swab and ********* alcohol. If the click mechanism is damaged, you may need to replace the joystick.

Another possibility is that there is a problem with the driver. To fix this issue, you can try resetting the controller. If resetting the controller does not resolve the issue, you may need to replace the controller.

Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

Clean the joystick click mechanism. To do this, follow these steps:

Turn off your Xbox console.

Remove the joystick from the controller.

Dampen a cotton swab with ********* alcohol.

Clean the joystick click mechanism with the cotton swab.

Let the joystick dry completely.

Put the joystick back on the controller.

Restart the controller. To do this, follow these steps:

Press and hold the Xbox button and the home button for 10 seconds.

The controller will turn off and then turn on again.

Replace the controller. If you have tried all the other steps and are still having problems, you may need to replace the driver.

Specifically for your case, since the joystick works if you press it hard, the problem is more likely related to the click mechanism of the joystick.

If you have cleaned the joystick click mechanism and resetting the controller does not resolve the issue, you may need to replace the joystick.

You can buy replacement joysticks for Xbox controllers online or at electronics stores.

Source of information:

https://www.somosxbox.com/como-arreglar-el-mando-de-xbox-si-sufres-problemas-de-drifting/935244

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to provide accurate and secure information. Beware of ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before deciding to download and install it.

This information may be in another language so you will have to translate it yourself, I hope you understand.

I hope this information helps you solve your problem.

Merry christmas.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Pirarre Miller Win User

Xbox X wireless controller Right Joy Stick Not working

I have updated the controller and that did not fix the issue. I reset the console keeping the apps/data and that did not fix the issue. I reset the console to factory settings and that did not fix the issue. I have unplugged the console from the power cord for hours and that did not fix the issue.

I went and bought a brand new Xbox x controller and the issue was still there.

When I tested both controllers on the accessories app, the right joystick movements and clicks is registered and When I turn magnifying on the right joystick works and is registering movements.

I only had my system since July and it’s already malfunctioning.
  4. UND3ADxPROFITx Win User

Joysticks not working on Project xCloud

I updated my controller, but still my joysticks are not working when I play games. The joysticks only appear to be working in the menu.
  5. fuZZywarlock Win User

Faulty Day 1 Xbox One Controller Service Help

I sent in my day one edition controller to be fixed the outside shell wasnt *** in properly. The "repaired" one I got back was also faulty. The joysticks click when moved. Isn't that something that should be checked before shipping?? Do I have to wait another
    2 months to get a broken controller sent to replace my broken controller??? Frustrated...
  6. Jonathan Marks1 Win User

Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the serial number????

Hi. May you kindly confirm where you purchased the controller from.
    It’s a used one that I purchased online, it’s definitely an official controller, everything works fine except the right joystick click function, which appears to be damaged. I’ve connected it to my PC and also updated the firmware via the Xbox Accessories app on PC. I am looking to register the controller so I can have the joystick fixed.
Thema:

1. How do I fix my controllers joystick that won’t work when I click it? - Similar Threads - fix controllers joystick

2. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  3. I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!: Hey yall i need help fixing my controller. I dont know why its doing what it is doing. All of a sudden, withing 10 minutes of me steppi g away and coming back my controllef is broken. Anytime i...
  4. My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it: Xbox elite controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in 97adfc5f-e45b-4f81-a5ab-d7826d75c20d
  5. How to fix ps5 controllers and ps4 controller from not connecting to ps5

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix ps5 controllers and ps4 controller from not connecting to ps5: Hello, I’m having an issue with my controllers connecting to the ps5. I have 2 ps5 controllers and 1 ps4 controller. All controllers work fine, nothing is wrong with it. However, after a certain...
  6. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  7. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?: Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive...
  8. How to fix controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix controller?: My Xbox series X controller seems to have developed an issue where both triggers are registering as pressed on the test lab in settings and my console light flashes. Any ideas? I think I ruined...
  9. How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?: So my Xbox one controller will not turn on it flashes but will not turn on until I plug it in to a different power source. I can then unplug the controller and it runs perfectly fine without being...
  10. Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...: I sent Microsoft my Xbox Elite 2 controller for a work order to fix a problem where the left bumper click is not registering. When I received the controller, the left bumper is fixed but the left...