How do I fix my controller so it lets me scroll

Discus and support How do I fix my controller so it lets me scroll in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was trying to make a Fortnite account on my Xbox series S and it will not let me click that I don’t want to link an account I can leave Fortnite but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lilah Hinton, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Lilah Hinton
    Lilah Hinton Guest

I was trying to make a Fortnite account on my Xbox series S and it will not let me click that I don’t want to link an account I can leave Fortnite but the controller isn’t letting me click or scroll in the Fortnite app

:)

Lilah Hinton, Dec 26, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Lilah Hinton,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Lilah Hinton,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that your controller is not allowing you to scroll or click in the Fortnite app. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Restart your Xbox Series S console and try again. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve controller issues.

2. Make sure your controller is properly connected to your console.

3. Try using a different controller to see if the issue persists. If possible, test with a different controller to see if the issue persists.

4. Check for any available updates for your controller and install them if necessary. Update Controller Firmware: Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories and check for any available updates for your controller.

If you don’t want to link an account, follow these steps:

• Launch Fortnite on your Xbox.
    • When prompted to link an account, select “Don’t link”
    • If the controller isn’t responding, try using the D-pad or left stick to navigate and select.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox one issue with scrolling down

Hello Ian,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having issue with controller stuck in down position. Try taking the battery pack or batteries out of the controller. Leave it unplugged from the console also for about 5 minutes. Personally had this issue my
    controller was flipped upside down on couch when turned console on so it kept scrolling even when the thumbsticks were not being pressed. Did what i suggested and it fixed the issue for me. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. RebuiltSpy76513 Win User

Xbox one S menu glitch (Dashboard and in game menus)

is there another way? Because my controller won’t let me scroll to the settings..
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

How do I fix my controller?

Hi PaulBartlett6

Have you run the steps in Update xbox wireless controller? All controllers you use need to run the firmware update.

I prefer the usb method.

I recently got a notification that a controller update was required.
Thema:

1. How do I fix my controller so it lets me scroll - Similar Threads - fix controller lets

2. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  3. I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!: Hey yall i need help fixing my controller. I dont know why its doing what it is doing. All of a sudden, withing 10 minutes of me steppi g away and coming back my controllef is broken. Anytime i...
  4. My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it: Xbox elite controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in 97adfc5f-e45b-4f81-a5ab-d7826d75c20d
  5. How to fix ps5 controllers and ps4 controller from not connecting to ps5

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix ps5 controllers and ps4 controller from not connecting to ps5: Hello, I’m having an issue with my controllers connecting to the ps5. I have 2 ps5 controllers and 1 ps4 controller. All controllers work fine, nothing is wrong with it. However, after a certain...
  6. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  7. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?: Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive...
  8. How to fix controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix controller?: My Xbox series X controller seems to have developed an issue where both triggers are registering as pressed on the test lab in settings and my console light flashes. Any ideas? I think I ruined...
  9. How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?: So my Xbox one controller will not turn on it flashes but will not turn on until I plug it in to a different power source. I can then unplug the controller and it runs perfectly fine without being...
  10. How do I fix my controller so it lets me scroll

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my controller so it lets me scroll: I was trying to make a Fortnite account on my Xbox series S and it will not let me click that I don’t want to link an account I can leave Fortnite but the controller isn’t letting me click or...