How do I fix my controller disconnecting while plugged in?

Discus and support How do I fix my controller disconnecting while plugged in? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I currently am playing on Xbox, and as many have, I have come back to Fortnite because of the new season, and other games as well where I use keyboard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aa21bookr, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Aa21bookr
    Aa21bookr Guest

I currently am playing on Xbox, and as many have, I have come back to Fortnite because of the new season, and other games as well where I use keyboard and mouse. Just recently, my controller keeps disconnecting every so often. It is plugged in, and it still keeps turning off. I cannot properly play without having it disconnect. Does anyone know of any solution or this same thing happening to them? Thanks so much in advance.

***Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and network / Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One***

:)

Aa21bookr, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Aa21bookr,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox controller disconnecting while plugged in. Let us help you how to get this resolve in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. What type of Xbox controller are you using?

2. Has there been any changes with the controller before this issue happened?

3. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to help resolve the issue?

4. Is this happening to specific game only or happening to all games?

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check the USB cable: Make sure the USB cable you're using to connect the controller to the Xbox is not damaged or frayed. If it is, try using a different cable.

2. Restart your Xbox: Sometimes, restarting your Xbox can help resolve connectivity issues. To do this, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller until the console turns off. Then, turn it back on and see if the issue persists.

3. Update your controller: Make sure your controller is up to date with the latest firmware. To do this, connect your controller to your Xbox and go to Settings > Devices & accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Device info > Firmware version. If there's an update available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.

4. Reset your controller: If none of the above steps work, try resetting your controller. To do this, use a small pin or paperclip to press the reset button on the back of the controller for a few seconds. Then, reconnect it to your Xbox and see if the issue is resolved.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Aa21bookr,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. St Anger20 Win User

Xbox One S Controller won't charge

Same issue here. Only works while plugged in, it will not charge or power on the controller if usb cable is disconnect!!!! Fix!
  5. MajinDuu Win User

Controller desyncing and Xbox Live disconnecting.

Same problem.

I have the internet cable plugged into my xbox, and my controller plugged in my controller and some how it STILL disconnects. Nothing around it to interfere with my unit. This is a brand new Xbox One that I got for Christmas. MS is garbage
  6. MissDeusGeek Win User

Xbox controller turns off

My Xbox controller generally turns off after I go idle for a few minutes but it doesnt do so when plugged in. So that is peculiar.

Try the suggestions here and see if that helps?

https://www.****/knowledge/fix-xbox-one-controller-keeps-disconnecting/
Thema:

1. How do I fix my controller disconnecting while plugged in? - Similar Threads - fix controller disconnecting

2. How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.: I just got a Xbox series x and a brand new controller. Every controller I connect to the Xbox disconnects ever 30 seconds and reconnects. I can’t play games without being frustrated. What do I do?...
  3. How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?: I have been dealing with an mysterious and irritating input delay with my Xboxes for the past 3 years. I do not know what else to do to fix this issue. I have literally gone through EVERY...
  4. How do I fix my controller disconnecting while plugged in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my controller disconnecting while plugged in?: I currently am playing on Xbox, and as many have, I have come back to Fortnite because of the new season, and other games as well where I use keyboard and mouse. Just recently, my controller keeps...
  5. How to fix wireless controller randomly disconnecting on only one game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix wireless controller randomly disconnecting on only one game: One of the games I play one my Xbox Series S is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and a thing I keep running into is my controller randomly disconnecting the light flashes in the controller a few times...
  6. How can I fix my controller disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my controller disconnecting?: My Xbox controller keeps disconnecting. From startup to gaming, it happened frequently and everywhere. No jostling parts in either Xbox or controller. Issue is consistent across multiple...
  7. How to fix Xbox controller disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix Xbox controller disconnecting?: My Xbox controllers have decided to start constantly flashing and disconnecting wirelessly to the Xbox. I have updated the Xbox itself and both remotes. I have also replaced batteries for good...
  8. How do I fix my audio cutting out and my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my audio cutting out and my controller randomly disconnecting?: So I’ve been having this issue lately where my audio will start cutting in and out randomly at like 10 second intervals and it gets really bad while in an Xbox patty and people are talking....
  9. Fix for controller connecting and disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fix for controller connecting and disconnecting?: Hi guys and girls. I am on a series S using the series S controller. I see this has been a problem for many... But I have tried almost everything I have seen online, to no avail. I started...
  10. New Delta Release Might've Fixed My Controller Disconnection Issues

in XboX Insiders
    New Delta Release Might've Fixed My Controller Disconnection Issues: Over the last year, all of my xbox controllers have frequently disconnected off and on while using my XSX. I have tried almost every fix, but they seemed to be only temporary solutions. After the...