How do I fix ipv6 settings on my Xbox and mobile phone its what I use as a Hotspot

Discus and support How do I fix ipv6 settings on my Xbox and mobile phone its what I use as a Hotspot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need to fix my network connection 26aecd40-adcb-46aa-b7b0-b88bbc63fe30 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jerry Payne1, Jun 15, 2023.

1. Jerry Payne1
    Jerry Payne1 Guest

How do I fix ipv6 settings on my Xbox and mobile phone its what I use as a Hotspot

I need to fix my network connection

:)

Jerry Payne1, Jun 15, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on getting ipv6.

Try checking this support link to see if this can help:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Jay (Vijayasimha BR) Win User

Internet

Not sure how this is related to xbox gaming (I am assuming you are using your phone as a mobile hotspot). Any phone purchased in the last 2 or 3 years automatically uses IPv4 and IPv6 (my understanding from years of gaming on PC, iPad and Xbox using mobile hotspot).

I don't think there is a specific setting (I don't see such a setting on either my Android Phone or my iPhone) and I have used both the android and iPhone for hotspot and xbox gaming.
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

Hotspot for Xbox One

What type of phone do you have? When I first moved to my new house I didnt have wifi so I connected to my mobile hotspot and it worked perfectly.

On my Samsung I went to settings, connection settings and turned on mobile hotspot. I also had to turn off the phone wifi. Then I looked for it on my console and connected as normal.
  5. XBOX TECH VIRUS Win User

Upnp unsuccessfull NAT type strict xboxone

6. wafflez_gxng Win User

Can I use my hotspot to login instead of wifi?

I used my mobile phone hotspot
Thema:

1. How do I fix ipv6 settings on my Xbox and mobile phone its what I use as a Hotspot - Similar Threads - fix ipv6 settings

2. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  3. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  4. How to fix my power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my power brick: I unplugged my outlet that everything was into and when i tried to plug it back up. The xbox wouldn’t turn on turns out the power brick light is red. Everything has been fine up to this point and...
  5. how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????: hi, i have an xbox series S and the on screen keyboard keeps on sticking to the first word in word suggestions, i can search nor log in to my accounts in those games, i tried to search online for...
  6. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix this?: My Xbox controller only connects to the xbox when the controller is about 10cm away from the xbox when i move it away it disconnects and doesnt connect again until i bring it closer again. The...
  7. Need Help with setting up or writen direction to fix latensy and to setup ipv6 on xb1X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Help with setting up or writen direction to fix latensy and to setup ipv6 on xb1X: Hi I have been with microsoft and xbox for years now my first time on this forum I will jump right to it my latency is on 184ms and been struggling for those Many years now please help me...
  8. Fix IPv6 or defend your broken implementation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fix IPv6 or defend your broken implementation: The xbox DUID cannot change with every system restart. It must be generated and saved. As many people have pointed out, this makes it very difficult to build firewall rules when its address...
  9. How to fix can't connect rocks Xbox live because of IPv4 connection and need IPv6

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can't connect rocks Xbox live because of IPv4 connection and need IPv6: says I need to connect to a IPv6 network and I'm connected to a IPv4 and it isn't connecting to Xbox live f950cfe0-f08a-40e9-a74d-ec798cd472ee
  10. Only newer IPv6 capable modems work with party chat please fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only newer IPv6 capable modems work with party chat please fix: You can't get a teredo IP address with the 3800hgv-b 2wire modem uverse uses, as well as any other older modem, so can you convince the companies to upgrade or create a workaround from your end...