How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app?

Discus and support How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using my PC for over a year now. I have had no issues with anything up until 2 days ago when I decided I wanted to play Stardew Valley. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SILENTJOKR, Jul 20, 2023.

1. SILENTJOKR
    SILENTJOKR Guest

How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app?

I have been using my PC for over a year now. I have had no issues with anything up until 2 days ago when I decided I wanted to play Stardew Valley. I clicked install and started watching YouTube. I checked to see if the game was done about 30mins later and it was sitting on 0%. I thought this was odd so I tried pausing and un pausing which it didn't let me do. So I tried cancelling it, which it didn't let me do. I then restarted and it was still sitting there at 0%. I logged out and back in, same thing, 0%. I then began to search around for an answer and ran into hundreds of tips and tricks on how to fix the problem going back to 2019. I decided to stick try some that showed positive responses.

I checked for updates, none needed. I did the repair/restart/uninstall again, which did nothing and I turned my VPN off and then back on which did nothing.

I then did the PowerShell script thing which seems to have made things worse. Now when I open the Xbox app it says that Gaming services isn't downloaded. When I click to download it nothing happens 99% of the time. Once in awhile it will actually download and when I go to Stardew Valley is says "Preparing."

Though when I close the app out and open it again, it say's it isn't downloaded. When I check it in services one says "running" the other says "stopping" and I can't right click and do anything to start/stop/restart them.

I've included some screenshots. If anyone decides to help with any advice that isn't copy/pasted all over the internet, which isn't working, I will be greatly appreciative. Otherwise, I'm going to cancel my gold/gamepass after like 14yrs. I don't use my console and it isn't worth spending this much time trying to fix something that just randomly became an issue, literally out of no where.

How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app? [​IMG]

How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app? [​IMG]

:)

SILENTJOKR, Jul 20, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: