How do I fix everything Gaming Services related.

Discus and support How do I fix everything Gaming Services related. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; All of a sudden a few days ago, my Game pass PC has stopped working. The Xbox App claims that Gaming Services is not installed, but every time I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CarlosRosa5, Aug 15, 2023.

1. CarlosRosa5
    CarlosRosa5 Guest

All of a sudden a few days ago, my Game pass PC has stopped working. The Xbox App claims that Gaming Services is not installed, but every time I try to Powershell and remove the Gaming Services app, my PC as a whole will not restart or power off on its own unless I hard shutdown. Not only does Gaming Services do that, it also prevents my Xbox App from even opening in a reasonable amount of time. My "Most Recent" tab is also empty and won't even load at all. All of my games that I once had on the Xbox App disappears and won't let me launch them from my desktop or any way I could. I know the issue to be Gaming Services because I managed to uninstall it a couple times and then my PC works just as normal as it has, but of course, assuming the issue is fixed, Gaming Services is required to play any of the games I normally play through the Xbox app. As I have typed up the last sentence, I have received the error on the Xbox App saying "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x87e00196. Click here to view support page. In which I have done so and the error fix did not help in the slightest. I am at a lost for ideas as nothing has helped. I have checked multiple forum pages on my error, but none of them seem to match every detail of my issue. This has been going on for about a week now and it is very frustrating not being able to play any of my Xbox PC games. I have tried to give every piece of detail about my situation. If any further questions about my problem come up, I will try my best to provide an answer.

:)

CarlosRosa5, Aug 15, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello CarlosRosa5,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you're experiencing issues with Gaming Services on your PC. Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:

1. Reset the Xbox app: Open the Settings app on your PC, go to Apps > Apps & features, find the Xbox app, click on it, and select Advanced options. Then click on Reset and confirm the action.

2. Reinstall Gaming Services: Open the Microsoft Store app on your PC, search for Gaming Services, and click on the Install button.

3. Update Windows: Make sure your PC is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on Check for updates.

4. Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter: Open the Settings app on your PC, go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and click on Windows Store Apps. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

See: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

Additional troubleshooting that you can perform if above was already tried:

Disable any antivirus programs, firewalls, VPNs, or other software that may interfere with the installation process.

Scan your PC for any corrupted files or malware and repair them using the System File Checker tool or a trusted antivirus program. You can also update your drivers and firmware for your PC and controller using the Device Manager or the manufacturer's website.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

If this still doesn't work, try creating a new Windows User and see if it will still behave the same way on this new environment.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows - Microsoft Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Castean 333 Win User

How do i fix this service

is not working,tool didn t find any problem just updated xbox app
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Castean, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Then, reset your network settings:

Please, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + X > Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced Network Settings > Network Reset > Reset Now.

Try enabling the service again.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Thema:

1. How do I fix everything Gaming Services related. - Similar Threads - fix everything Gaming

2. I can hear everything but my microphone isn't working. Is there a way to fixing this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear everything but my microphone isn't working. Is there a way to fixing this?: I just got a new mic and when plugging it into my controller I could hear just fine but my microphone didn't work. I've already tried some solutions but nothing seemed to work. Is there any...
  3. How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...: My xbox has been having connection issues for a while now and I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it and it isn't wifi cause my connection for upload speed and everything else is really good but...
  4. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  5. Please someone knows how to fix this for ark ascended? I've tried everything on Youtube on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please someone knows how to fix this for ark ascended? I've tried everything on Youtube on...: Can't open the game, I receive this every time Fatal error! Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000001340 0x00007ff6bbdb8cba...
  6. So I logged into my xbox today and everything had hard reset Is there any way I can fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I logged into my xbox today and everything had hard reset Is there any way I can fix it?: I turned it off yesterday after playing rocket league using the controller but when I turned it on today all my accounts and games everything had disappeared and i dont know how do I fix it I mean...
  7. About xbox system reboot, can it's fix everything, like xbox reboot going fix corrupted...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    About xbox system reboot, can it's fix everything, like xbox reboot going fix corrupted...: Just I needs information about that 1f88654e-f9a3-47f3-9e82-32b91f1ad2af
  8. My launcher is completly broken, i tried everything (PC gamepass) is there any way to fix it ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My launcher is completly broken, i tried everything (PC gamepass) is there any way to fix it ?: I already had a previous post wich just started with trouble downloading a game, now my whole launcher doesn't work, i can't start my existing games nor download any new game (except for...
  9. How do I fix my Xbox series x to update my games I've tried everything except for factory...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox series x to update my games I've tried everything except for factory...: I've tried holding down th Xbox button for ten seconds unplugged it restarted my routr restarted my Xbox nothing will work what can I do ? c0fd35c6-cf81-41ee-9980-02fb63b6d406
  10. How do I fix my game crashing I’ve tried everything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my game crashing I’ve tried everything: Right so basically every time I open fortnite my Xbox power button blinks then my game crashes can anyone help because I’ve tried like everything; rebooting , resetting , signing out , deleting...