How do I fix an issue with my Xbox games not launching because of Windows not being able to...

Discus and support How do I fix an issue with my Xbox games not launching because of Windows not being able to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to launch a game from the Xbox app or Microsoft store I get an error saying windows cannot access the specified path or I may not have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bradley Guthrie, Oct 30, 2023.

1. How do I fix an issue with my Xbox games not launching because of Windows not being able to...

When I try to launch a game from the Xbox app or Microsoft store I get an error saying windows cannot access the specified path or I may not have permission to access the item.

:)

Bradley Guthrie, Oct 30, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

How do I fix an issue with my Xbox games not launching because of Windows not being able to access the specified path?

Hi Bradley. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Can you provide a screenshot of this error?

Does this happen with all Xbox games?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Pieyow Win User

Cannot open Microsoft games in Xbox app

If you run any third party Firewall software this could be preventing sign-in due to a port being blocked. Try disabling it and then launch the game. If you are able to sign into other Xbox games on Windows, another suggestion would be to reinstall Sudoku
    and see if this fixes the issue.
  4. utahman71 Win User

Microsoft Solitaire Collection And Windows 8.1

I really like to play tri peaks, but as soon as Windows 8.1 update or upgrade, whatever everyone calls it. It is sluggish and sound issues. It worked smoothly and perfect in Windows 8.0, but as soon as 8.1 was installed and even all the driver updates do
    nothing to fix the issues this game has. It is a App issue. This app needs a new update fix for Windows 8.1. I tried other games from XBOX like mahjong and others and they run fine in Windows 8.1. It is this App only. Until someone here from XBOX or Microsoft
    decides to fix this, then the game is never installed again or played by me. My mother won't even update or upgrade to Windows 8.1, because of this.

I even contacted BestBuy and Toshiba, and they won't do anything, because it is an App issue. So far I see a lot complaining about this App not doing what it should be doing in Windows 8.1, but nothing is being done to fix it. Such a fun game ends up being
    no fun, when it is sluggish and no sound.
  5. Francia J. Win User

How do I fix not being able to install games?

You're welcome and thank you for letting me know. Have you already tried to reset your console keeping your games and apps? If not yet, don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  6. MaddieJC15 Win User

How do I fix not being able to install games?

Hello, thank you for the reply

No I don’t have an external hard drive.
Thema:

How do I fix an issue with my Xbox games not launching because of Windows not being able to...

1. How do I fix an issue with my Xbox games not launching because of Windows not being able to... - Similar Threads - fix issue games

2. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  3. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  4. How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...: My Xbox One console isn't working properly. First I tried to complete an update on EAFC24 which was 3.5GB and it kept freezing and updating for a second or two at a time then freezing for another...
  5. I need help fixing this issue it keeps happening with all my games the shadows look...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help fixing this issue it keeps happening with all my games the shadows look...: [img] can you help fix this problem 623e46f1-5832-4041-b00b-258e09110c9c
  6. Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.: Game is lord of the rings, battle for middle earth 1 and 2. Did some research many people have had this issue and have resorted to downloading dodgy fixes instead of Microsoft allowing old games....
  7. How to fix issue Xbox One X to sto from uninstall games when turning on console?

in XboX Insiders
    How to fix issue Xbox One X to sto from uninstall games when turning on console?: I'm visiting my family for Christmas. We have been trying to figure out of why games are getting uninstall on their own in the Xbox One X when turning on the console(internal and external...
  8. Is there any way to have your data in a game be deleted to fix an issue in game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to have your data in a game be deleted to fix an issue in game.: In the elder scrolls V, there seems that the most recent update plus the mod “Ugh Mod Manager” has caused me to not be able to do anything with the modding. I can’t disable, delete, or even change...
  9. When will the gen scarlett issues be fixed for the xbox series x, all games with at gen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the gen scarlett issues be fixed for the xbox series x, all games with at gen...: Recently upgraded from the series S to the X and all games with the gen tag scarlett crash consistently every hour or so, forcing me to either the dashboard or restarting the console, there is no...
  10. Having a issue where a game crashes on my series s and x, any fixes?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having a issue where a game crashes on my series s and x, any fixes?: Been playing snow runner for a few days. Across my series x and s. Had no issues. Started on my x, the game would crash after a short period of play. Now happening on my s...