How do i fix a corrupted game?

Discus and support How do i fix a corrupted game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been off of fortnite for a while but since the original map is returning me and my friends decided to play it again. I actually tried to log on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jonathan Law1, Nov 3, 2023.

1. How do i fix a corrupted game?

I have been off of fortnite for a while but since the original map is returning me and my friends decided to play it again. I actually tried to log on a few times over the past couple of weeks and it shows me the error code (0x80070570) and says the game is corrupted. I looked it up and the results were to uninstall and reinstall the game, clear the saved data, and pause other updates, none of them worked. How do I fix this issue? (Xbox one S)

:)

Jonathan Law1, Nov 3, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

How do I fix a corrupted game?

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Fortnite game. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Kindly try to clear the local save for Fortnite and resync with the cloud. Here's how:

Deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
    Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button  on your controller.
    Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
    Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.

After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox:

Press and hold the Xbox button  in the center of your controller.
    Select Restart console, then follow the prompts.

After you restart your Xbox, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to the Xbox service.

Try installing the game again to see if re-syncing with the cloud corrected the game problem.

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you used to play this game online so that all your data is saved to the cloud.

Reference link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Jonathan L, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem with your Xbox One S in Fortnite. In order to help you, I am going to suggest some solution steps:

Take a look at the following article and follow all the solution steps recommended here: https://support.xbox.com/help/errors/xbox-360/error-code-80070570

In case they don't work, we go to the next step.

As you mentioned previously that you have already factory restored your console, I would like you to repeat the process again.

1. Press the Xbox Button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console information.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset console? screen. You will see three options and you must select reset and keep my games and apps.

In case this does not work again we will have to select the other option that says Reset and remove everything but this option will delete everything from your console, saved data, corrupt files, absolutely everything, therefore it would be the last option.

I hope this information is useful for you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. Ermagerd I8u Win User

File Corrupted

I know how to fix a corrupted profile but not corrupted games
  5. Omar Neto Win User

What will happen if power is cut while my xbox is updating

If console OS gets corrupted, how do we fix it?
  6. BrianPosey Win User

my profile data is corrupted, how do I fix this?

Never hurts to clear your system cache in-between the deleting and downloading your profile.

(settings>system>storage>select Hard Drive with Y button>clear system cache).
Thema:

1. How do i fix a corrupted game? - Similar Threads - fix corrupted game

2. My Minecraft World got Corrupted can i get help to fix it.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Minecraft World got Corrupted can i get help to fix it.: i Play on XBOX and my world got corrupted and i tried reinstalling Minecraft and it hasn't worked can i get any ideas to fix it? 2e1e3e90-041f-4aac-804c-dc8f26e111ca
  3. How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?: I have owned Fallout 4 GOTY edition since release. I use to play the game on my Xbox one and the game / DLC content worked fine. I’ve recently got a Xbox series X, the new next gen console. When I...
  4. if you have a single dlc file that is corrupted what can you do to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    if you have a single dlc file that is corrupted what can you do to fix it: i have dragonball z kakarot on xbox series x and all my season pass 1 & 2 dlc's are working fine except for dlc5 The 23rd world tournament i go into it but i cant access anything it keeps me stuck...
  5. I have a couple corrupted games and don't know how to fix them.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a couple corrupted games and don't know how to fix them.: I have multiple games in my library that seem to be corrupted. When I try to launch them they say trouble watching this game or app. I tried uninstalling them and they disappeared from my library...
  6. How do I fix a corrupted game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix a corrupted game?: I tried to launch Fortnite but got an error message saying it was corrupted, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that didn’t work, I tried restarting my xbox, resetting my Xbox, and...
  7. How do I fix it when I try and download Fortnite it says corrupted file try again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix it when I try and download Fortnite it says corrupted file try again: How do I fix it when I try and download Fortnite it says corrupted file try again and I tried reinstalling or restarting my Xbox and it doesn’t need an update and creating a new profile everything...
  8. Is there a way to fix a game save that's damaged but isn't corrupted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to fix a game save that's damaged but isn't corrupted: So I was playing sonic and all stars racing transformed last week I was racing in shabua downtown as the daytona usa hornet when after I played the game I turned off my xbox 360 however I go to...
  9. How to fix XBOX 360 S corrupted files (system file, profiles, game saves/downloads) and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix XBOX 360 S corrupted files (system file, profiles, game saves/downloads) and...: The title pretty much shows it all. How to fix? I can't save on any more games and play certain games, nor connect to Xbox Live since it needs a update and the error code is a code i've never...
  10. i cant install a game because it says the file is corrupt but its on gamepass how do i fix it

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant install a game because it says the file is corrupt but its on gamepass how do i fix it: im trying to installl a game through game pass but it wont work and says file is corrupt how do i fix the install 6cb54b22-e284-4d18-beda-6917875c971c