How do I eject my game discs?

Discus and support How do I eject my game discs? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I (seem) to have no way to eject the discs out from my Xbox One. The buttons on the front of the console do not seem to work (or even be real... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TestSubject8-74C8F491-DE79-4E1A-81FF-D2AC172476FC, Dec 27, 2014.

1. How do I eject my game discs?

Hi there, I (seem) to have no way to eject the discs out from my Xbox One. The buttons on the front of the console do not seem to work (or even be real for that matter, the power button and eject button cant be recessed or worked, tgey are part of the faceplate)
    and there is no way to eject the discs from the home screen. I understand that there is a manual disc removal button on the side that can be accesed with a paperclip, but I shouldnt need to use everytime I want to switch a game. I have a kinect, but I prefer
    not to use it, and I'd rather not need to use it just eject a disk.

:)

TestSubject8-74C8F491-DE79-4E1A-81FF-D2AC172476FC, Dec 27, 2014
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    how do I eject xbox one games

Been searching around and there doesn't seem to be any way to eject the disc other than the button (or the eject hole on the side). Perhaps that will be something they implement in the future.

onyxishere, Dec 27, 2014
  3. XxMavr1kxX
    XxMavr1kxX Guest
    how do I eject xbox one games

I dont understand why you want something on the Dash to tell it to eject. If your ejecting your going to have to remove the disc from the console, or it will suck it back in after a while. It's not like the tray on the 360.

XxMavr1kxX, Dec 27, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

If the buttons are not working for you, the paperclip method is your best workaround.

As for getting them to work again, can you try a power cycle and see if that helps?

support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console

maxen, Dec 27, 2014
  5. nyblaze03
    nyblaze03 Guest
    can eject my disc and cant get it out with paperclip?

nyblaze03, Dec 27, 2014
  6. Tha\k you for your time guys, I guess I'll just have to make do with the paperclip method just now. I've tried the power cycle method, but the problem is it seems like my console buttons just arent even there, the power button seems to be behind the clear
    plastic and the eject button just wont move in. I dont know if I'm missing something completely obvious, but it just seems as if the buttons on my console dont exist. It is brand new as well.

TestSubject8-74C8F491-DE79-4E1A-81FF-D2AC172476FC, Dec 27, 2014
  7. maxen
    maxen Guest
    The power button is touch-sensitive, it doesn't get pressed in but touching the surface of the faceplate in that general area should be enough to register and turn the console on. It's a button in the same way that the front buttons on many smartphones are
    just a touch-sensitive area (eg Android and Windows Phone).

maxen, Oct 31, 2018
  8. maxen Win User

The power button is touch-sensitive, it doesn't get pressed in but touching the surface of the faceplate in that general area should be enough to register and turn the console on. It's a button in the same way that the front buttons on many smartphones are
    just a touch-sensitive area (eg Android and Windows Phone).
  9. nyblaze03 Win User

can eject my disc and cant get it out with paperclip?
  10. TestSubject8-74C8F49 Win User

Tha\k you for your time guys, I guess I'll just have to make do with the paperclip method just now. I've tried the power cycle method, but the problem is it seems like my console buttons just arent even there, the power button seems to be behind the clear
    plastic and the eject button just wont move in. I dont know if I'm missing something completely obvious, but it just seems as if the buttons on my console dont exist. It is brand new as well.
  11. maxen Win User

If the buttons are not working for you, the paperclip method is your best workaround.

As for getting them to work again, can you try a power cycle and see if that helps?

support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console
  12. strykerzr350 Win User

My disc tray won't open; have tried many things...

Seems like to me the disc tray is stuck or the button has malfunctioned. There is a way to eject the tray in case you get a disc stuck in the system. Here is the links below on how to do it.

support.xbox.com/.../manually-eject-disc

Xbox 360 S manual disc tray ejection method.

support.xbox.com/.../manually-eject-disc

Original Xbox 360 manual disc tray ejection method

-

I do hope this works for you friend.
Thema:

1. How do I eject my game discs? - Similar Threads - eject game discs

2. Original Xbox not powering on but eject button works.

in XboX Insiders
    Original Xbox not powering on but eject button works.: Found my original Xbox, brand new condition. Plugged in Power, plugged in AV, the power button simply does not work. However the eject button for the CD does work, whilst it doesn’t extend the CD...
  3. How do I reset my Xbox Series S to 60hz with no eject button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I reset my Xbox Series S to 60hz with no eject button?: How do I reset my Xbox Series S to 60 hertz, I’ve been looking at other replies but they all say to hold an eject button, but Xbox Series S’ don’t have an eject, they only have power and pair,...
  4. Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass app on PC, doesn't let me eject my external HD drive where my games are...: My Xbox game pass app once launched doesn't allow me to eject my external HD drive which the games are installed in even after closing the app. it says the drive is in use so can't be ejected....
  5. Can't eject my External HDD cuz i downloaded the game files in it.

in XboX Insiders
    Can't eject my External HDD cuz i downloaded the game files in it.: Of course i can just disconnect the USB but i don't want to do that cuz it's not the right way to disconnect an external HDD, i want to eject it but always says it's in use thus not letting me...
  6. How to eject a Game-Disc when you eject button is broken?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to eject a Game-Disc when you eject button is broken?: The eject button is broken, is there any other way to eject it through Softwere / through some command? 11d5edc3-7e7f-4763-958a-8f12ee11ad51
  7. Eject button and game start up failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Eject button and game start up failure: Ive just turned on my xbox one after about an hour of not playing it to continue playing an xbox 360 compatible game, but it wont start, says something wrong and directs me to multiplayer chat...
  8. Game won't eject

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game won't eject: Xbox One.....Horizon 2 game. Played game successfully, but it won't eject. Help! d456e6d7-c45b-4a3e-b197-4f40f81d4060
  9. Way to open did tray in game without using the eject button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Way to open did tray in game without using the eject button?: I have the classic Xbox and my eject button broke, which isn't a big deal usually because I can eject on the dashboard. However, i just bought dead space 2 and it has two disks, and to progress...
  10. XBOX ONE will not eject game disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE will not eject game disk: Hello All, I have a box that was purchased for Christmas. It was working fine until yesterday when we went to remove a game disk. It will not eject unless we manually do so. Any suggestions. We...