How do I download my uploaded Xbox Game Captures on PC WITHOUT using OneDrive

Discus and support How do I download my uploaded Xbox Game Captures on PC WITHOUT using OneDrive in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; In the past you could use the Companion App on PC and Mobile to download Clips and Screenshot from the Xbox network. But Microsoft removed it and now... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Customer341705, Dec 20, 2023.

1. How do I download my uploaded Xbox Game Captures on PC WITHOUT using OneDrive

In the past you could use the Companion App on PC and Mobile to download Clips and Screenshot from the Xbox network.

But Microsoft removed it and now we only have the Xbox App which doesn't even allow us to view uploaded captures.

Is there no other way than to use OneDrive or an external drive on the Xbox?

I am currently trying to save all my Clips and Screenshots, before the auto remove change goes into action in January. But when trying to copy everything to an external storage there are always 11 out of 248 captures that won't copy.

Xbox App Startscreen

How do I download my uploaded Xbox Game Captures on PC WITHOUT using OneDrive [​IMG]

Xbox App Dropdown Menu

How do I download my uploaded Xbox Game Captures on PC WITHOUT using OneDrive [​IMG]

Xbox App Profile

Trying to copy to external storage

:)

Customer341705, Dec 20, 2023
  2. NeoDan123 Win User

Converting Captures to my computer

I upload to OneDrive and then download them from there to my PC. As i dont have a capture card i find it the easiest to do it like this.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

I want to bulk download my Xbox clips before January 2024

There is a way to upload them all in bulk to your OneDrive. Depending on how much OneDrive storage you have would depend on how many you upload at the same time.

On the Xbox console, goto captures, then select manage, then the select all option, then select Upload to OneDrive. As I said, though, adjust that if you don't have a lot of OneDrive storage. Once they have uploaded, move them from OneDrive to your PC, and then do the process again for the next batch of clips you want to download.
  4. NeoDan123 Win User

How can I bulk download/transfer all my captures from Xbox Live?

You can use the Upload Studio app on the Xbox to upload your captures to OneDrive. From OneDrive you are able to download your captures for sharing on your social media pages if you wish to do so.
  5. Christyna64 Win User

How do i transfer my gameplay videos to my smartphone from my xbox one?

Go to the App Store, or Google Play and download the Xbox app. You can then upload your game captures to Xbox Live, then use the mobile Xbox App to download your captures after they're uploaded to Xbox Live. You can also click on the share options for
    your captures and upload them to Onedrive and use the mobile Onedrive App to download to your phone.
  6. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Customer341705,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with downloading your Xbox Game Captures on PC without using OneDrive. I understand how frustrating it can be when your files are not accessible or compatible with your preferred method. Unfortunately, there is no official way to download your uploaded Xbox Game Captures on PC without using OneDrive or an external drive on the Xbox.

To download Xbox Game Captures on PC, depending on where you store them and what device you use. Here are some possible methods:

• If you use the Xbox app for Windows 10, you can view and download your Xbox Game Captures from the app. To do this, open the Xbox app on your PC, click on your profile picture in the top left corner of the screen, and select “Captures” from the drop-down menu. You should see all of your Xbox clips and screenshots here. You can click on any of them to view them in full screen, and then click on the three dots in the bottom right corner of the screen and select “Download” to save them to your PC.
    • If you use OneDrive to upload your Xbox Game Captures from your console, you can download them from OneDrive on your PC. To do this, open OneDrive on your PC, navigate to the “Game DVR” folder in your OneDrive account, and locate the capture you want to download. Right-click on it and choose “Download” from the context menu.
    • If you use an external drive to record or store your Xbox Game Captures from your console, you can copy them to an external drive or a USB flash drive on your PC. To do this, plug a USB 3.0 (or faster) drive into your console or PC, go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage on your console or open File Explorer on your PC, go to the external drive or USB flash drive that contains your captures, select “Set as capture location” or copy and paste the files into another folder.

For your reference, you may also check this link: Back up your game captures | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you solve your problem and enjoy your gaming experience. If you have any further questions or feedback, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist you further. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. How do I download my uploaded Xbox Game Captures on PC WITHOUT using OneDrive - Similar Threads - download uploaded Game

2. Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...: Xbox360 will not connect to xbox live. Upload speed of 20-30 mbs but download spead of 0.01 mps. From posts, this is a known problem that has just recently happened. My Xbox one works fine!...
  3. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  4. I uploaded clips from xbox to my onedrive but when I download them onto my computer the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I uploaded clips from xbox to my onedrive but when I download them onto my computer the...: As stated in the question I can upload my recorded clips from my xbox to the onedrive. When I log onto the onedrive on my computer and watch the videos in the onedrive they work fine but the...
  5. im getting error code 0x80070490 on PC game pass cant download or upload anything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    im getting error code 0x80070490 on PC game pass cant download or upload anything: Ive tried all the app data powershell commands such as Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} and...
  6. What methods can I use to download or upload pictures to my Xbox One and Xbox Series X to...

in XBoX on Windows
    What methods can I use to download or upload pictures to my Xbox One and Xbox Series X to...: I am trying to get a custom picture on to my Xbox One and Xbox Series X, however all the methods that have been provided in other "How To" guides online do not work due to the methods being phased...
  7. why cant i upload mincraft to a file so that i can download it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i upload mincraft to a file so that i can download it?: trying to install minecraft but tells me to put in a folder its says you can not set your install to default folder i looked on google and it said to turn on a setting in general settings and the...
  8. Can I download an image to OneDrive edit it and upload it back to Xbox captures?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I download an image to OneDrive edit it and upload it back to Xbox captures?: Can I download an image to OneDrive edit it and upload it back to Xbox captures? ae9fc67f-38fb-4131-8d2f-5bf48a2cbb06
  9. 0.01Mbps download, full upload speed, can't connect to Live.

in XBoX on Consoles
    0.01Mbps download, full upload speed, can't connect to Live.: I was playing on my Xbox 360 S awhile ago and suddenly couldn't connect to Xbox Live anymore. Wired and wireless. Using cable or mobile hot spot, and now tried two different Xbox 360 S consoles....
  10. Xbox Series S Network Issues (Slow download/upload speeds)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Network Issues (Slow download/upload speeds): Hi! I have my Xbox Series S for over a year now, and since 2 days ago, I had poor network performance on it. The download speeds are around 10MB, usually they are around 100MB +. The upload speed...