How do i dissable sound coming trough my headset?

Discus and support How do i dissable sound coming trough my headset? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; How do i dissable the sound from my earplugs and put it over the tv or speakers. I have a 3.5mm jack samsung headset, when i plug it in the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by S K8, May 29, 2023.

1. S K8
    S K8 Guest

How do i dissable the sound from my earplugs and put it over the tv or speakers.

I have a 3.5mm jack samsung headset, when i plug it in the Xbox Series X controller the sound of the Xbox party goes automatic over the earplugs. Even when i switch settings on console to: over speakers only/over headset and speakers. I updated the controller firmware already and search a lot on google, but i cant find any solution...

How can I make it so that the Xbox only cares about the microphone (I want to use my speakers/tv for both game and chat audio) without giving the partysound over the headset/earplugs? It only switch the sound when i plugin the microphone/earplugs from samsung into the controller. I use aswel a ps4 and have no issues with this on it... i can easy change the settings on it to split the sound. Now i have an Xbox X and think this is a big issue...

To clearify: when plugin the mic/headset in the controller the sound from partychat goes aswel over it. I want to use the mic of my headset and the sound of party over my tv/speakers. How do i do that.

Greetings SH (Yellowsnow)

:)

2. Geri M. Win User

Hi S K8,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum.

We understand that you are having issues with sounds during playing games in multiplayer (both chat and game). As per description, instead of putting sounds to TV/speakers it will go to your headset/earplug on Xbox Series X controller.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. Was this working before?
    2. When did the issue start?
    3. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    4. Aside from updating controller firmware, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

For the meantime, let's try this troubleshooting steps and see if it will work for you.

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
    • Under Headset audio, select “Windows Sonic for Headphones” or “Dolby Atmos for Headphones”.
    • Select HDMI audio or Dolby Atmos for Headphones, whichever is available.

IF still the problem persists, you may need to re-associate controller with your profile.

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide and go to Profile & system.
    • Select Add or switch and select your Profile. Sharing to you a thread with the same issue that has been resolved. Please check: Game Bar party chat audio from wrong output - Microsoft Community
    • Try to locate a dropdown in the settings menu of Game Bar and manage to change the output.

You may also check this article for more troubleshooting steps. Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support.

[​IMG]

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi S K8,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Audio not playing through headset

Hi NathanielJarn! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Audio plays trough the headset and the Tv or only the Tv? How are the headset connected, on the controller, trough USB ?
  5. TheNeonCrab Win User

Will my Turtle beach X41 work on Xbox one? if not why not?

How do I make the sound come through the headset?
  6. DuFFuL Win User

I love it...... But

Yeh but the sound doesn't come out of my headset then. How will I hear others? There voices will be coming out of that headset and not my turtle beach ones
Thema:

1. How do i dissable sound coming trough my headset? - Similar Threads - dissable sound coming

2. Wireless headphones Xbox One S sound issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headphones Xbox One S sound issues: Any pair of wireless headphones I connect to my Xbox one s, mainly my Razer Kaira, Connects, however no sound is heard, I’ve tried with multiple pairs of wireless headphones, and even cleaned my...
  3. why are dialogue sounds not getting recorded, but other sounds are?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why are dialogue sounds not getting recorded, but other sounds are?: I recorded few clips of genshin impact using xbox game bar on my pc. after i checked those clips, they only have music and other sound, but not the character dialogue sounds, its same for all...
  4. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...: I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless... 9ce98c79-f058-4b23-87f3-60829fdbc7b5
  5. Xbox party members sounding robotic

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox party members sounding robotic: For about three months now, every time friends join my party they sound really weird. Kind of robotic and reverbed. I’ve reported on the insider program but this has been going on for a while now....
  6. No Sound using Sonos Arc - Xbox Series X (6/13/24)

in XboX Insiders
    No Sound using Sonos Arc - Xbox Series X (6/13/24): I sent two reports using tracing to show no audio is working. Oddly even after updates and hard resets the sound works on Xbox splash and then goes silent immediately after. This began before and...
  7. So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...: So my xbox one s randomly switched itself off while in the middle of doing something, so I waited a min, turned it back on... No picture, had sound but no picture, checked hdmi, checked power...
  8. Muffled sound when in party chat

in XboX Insiders
    Muffled sound when in party chat: So my headset works fine and everything works fine until I join a party, then my game chat is muffled and my party chat too. I have looked it up but I can't figure out the right wording so I...
  9. The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling sound from the right trigger when I try it...
  10. Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller: So my warranty is over on my controller. By a few months and I seem to have this issue with multiple elite controllers. That just over time something on the inside seems to start rattling. The...