how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller

Discus and support how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; actually the problem is i have a ps3 controller that i have been trying to connect but the controller keeps being recognized as xbox360 controller. i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RAGESTORM 25, Sep 25, 2023.

1. RAGESTORM 25
    RAGESTORM 25 Guest

actually the problem is i have a ps3 controller that i have been trying to connect but the controller keeps being recognized as xbox360 controller. i tried disabling device signature enforcement and that worked but then my bluetooth dongle stopped working since i wanted to connect it wirelessly. so i found a video that allows me to connect ps3 controller wirelessly and that worked but since it was being recognized as xbox 360 controller it didnt work but i know if the ps3 controller was being recognized as ps3 then it would work. piz help

:)

RAGESTORM 25, Sep 25, 2023
  2. ALDAHIR_973 Win User

Hello friend, first of all, excuse my English, this is written by a translator, I have the same problem as you, I don't know what happened that my controller was configured as an Xbox360 controller and it doesn't let me use it via Bluetooth like a PS3 controller would with applications. Third parties, please tell me if you were able to solve it, I've been trying for days.
  3. RAGESTORM 25 Win User

Try disconnecting other devices from your PC, and see if the issue persists. I also recommend rebooting your PC if you haven't done so since uninstalling the other software. If that doesn't work, I unfortunately don't have any other steps to offer. But there are many knowledgeable users on this forum and I'm sure someone will be able to assist you further with this. Thank you, Kyle
    ok i understand but that didnt work is there just any possible way to wipe the bthps3 software from my computer thats all i want.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Try disconnecting other devices from your PC, and see if the issue persists. I also recommend rebooting your PC if you haven't done so since uninstalling the other software.

If that doesn't work, I unfortunately don't have any other steps to offer. But there are many knowledgeable users on this forum and I'm sure someone will be able to assist you further with this.

Thank you,
    Kyle
  5. RAGESTORM 25 Win User

I'm sorry to hear that, it shouldn't have physically affected the dongle though, it's likely a driver fault. Did you also delete the ViGem Drivers?
    i only downloaded the bth ps3 setup from github and nothing else. i first opened the bthps3 configuration tool but it said u needed right drivers then i tried uninstalling it and it uninstalled but the drivers were still there i found a solution to delete the drivers when it said u needed generic bluetooth host radio which is the thing thatbroke

what do i do
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

I'm sorry to hear that, it shouldn't have physically affected the dongle though, it's likely a driver fault. Did you also delete the ViGem Drivers?
Thema:

1. how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller - Similar Threads - disable windows recognizing

2. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  3. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  4. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  5. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  6. Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots: I cannot find the setting to disable the functionality of the Xbox controller taking a screenshot when I press the button. I use that button for steam screenshots so it is very annoying that a...
  7. How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?: I'm looking for a way to disable an Xbox controller's ability to control the Windows UI (start menu, settings and anything else built into Windows 10 that can be navigated with a controller). This...
  8. Xbox PC app requires Windows Hello Pin despite Windows Hello being disabled on all devices

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox PC app requires Windows Hello Pin despite Windows Hello being disabled on all devices: Hi, my family has a small handful of Xbox one accounts, two of which are shared accounts that have Live Gold and Gamepass Ultimate respectively. Recently, we were trying to sign the Gamepass...
  9. Disabling Windows Xbox One App Auto Login Feature

in XBoX Accessibility
    Disabling Windows Xbox One App Auto Login Feature: Hello, I recently was having a issue about the auto login feature that's in Xbox One app for Windows, which the auto login feature also applies to all the games I installed from Microsoft store....
  10. Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates: I use Xbox windows app with game pass. It starts downloading updates for games withou asking, while automatic updates are disabled in xbox app and MS store. CAN IT BE DISABLED? How does Microsoft...