How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account?

Discus and support How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I created an Xbox live account like 5 years ago so I could play on my ex's console, but we broke up like 6 months later and I totally forgot about the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Anonymoose69, Aug 13, 2023.

1. Anonymoose69
    Anonymoose69 Guest

How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account?

I created an Xbox live account like 5 years ago so I could play on my ex's console, but we broke up like 6 months later and I totally forgot about the account until I randomly started getting promotional emails from Xbox recently. I don't own an Xbox amd therefore cannot use the account, but I do use my Microsoft account for things unrelated to Xbox. I don't even have access to the console it was created on anymore to remove the account, since apparently it cannot be done remotely.

:)

Anonymoose69, Aug 13, 2023
  2. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

Hi Anonymoose69,

I'm Anirban and I'll be happy to help you.

I don't like to give bad news but I have to say that you cannot delete your Xbox live account since it's the same as the Microsoft account. However you can add a new email address to it and make it primary.

Best regards
  3. BLaZiNgSPEED Win User

Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to Another Microsoft Account Email?

do not delete the Microsoft account you want to change the primary alias then delete the old email address you no longer have access to
    My understanding is that it is impossible to delete an old outlook/live/hotmail email address without deleting the entire Microsoft Account!

Microsoft have not implemented a system like Google. For example I managed to delete my Google Mail address from my Google Account and attach a non Gmail address.

Microsoft doesn't let you delete a Outlook email individually from your Microsoft Account. Point I want to know is whether changing the primary alias to the Xbox Live gamertag profile and then deleting the MS account will work?

I watched this video last night on youtube this guy says it is not possible. So who is right? :S
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZxN8XeYmts&t=222s
  4. BLaZiNgSPEED Win User

Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to Another Microsoft Account Email?

I never talked about merging accounts. All I was asking is whether a gamertag can be moved onto another account that does not have Xbox Live? For example can an Xbox Live gamertag profile be moved to a different email address from the present Microsoft
    Account (email) and then be able to safely delete the Microsoft Email address without it erasing the Xbox/GFWL profile?

If that's not the case the system is pretty terrible. People are complaining on the video above that I posted that their Xbox Live profile was assigned to their mums/dads emails and they wanted to transfer it to their email, but they are saying this is not
    possible and that it was only once possible on the Xbox 360. But since I don't have an Xbox 360 I don't know how else to transfer a gamertag profile into another email.

I would like to delete my live.co.uk email address due to email spams. There seems to be no way to individually delete that email address from the Microsoft Account without deleting the entire Microsoft account along with email, one drive, skype, etc. I will
    obviously lose my Xbox/Games for Windows Live achievements, game licenses, etc.

I was asking whether there was a solution to this problem. Otherwise I will be permanently doomed between sacrificing my Xbox/GFWL profile over an email address being bombarded with email spams. Or alternatively I bite the bullet and delete everything. Obviously
    I don't want to have to delete my entire Microsoft Account and start from scratch.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

How can I delete my Minecraft account

Hello, I want to delete my Minecraft account without causing any impact to my Microsoft account.

Can anyone kindly offer step by step instructions on how to do this please?
    You can't. Your Microsoft account IS your minecraft account. They are one in the same so you cant delete one without deleting the other.
  6. KindGryphon Win User

I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails

I just need to switch my email on xbox accounts but the email i want to swtich to is reserved to one of my other accounts.

is there any possible way that someone can swtich the email on my account, please contact me if you can
    The Xbox account IS the Microsoft account and vice versa so there isnt any way to delete the Xbox profile without deleting the entire Microsoft account along with it.
Thema:

1. How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - delete live account

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  4. Xbox series S signs me out of Xbox live every time I get on, tried deleting my account...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S signs me out of Xbox live every time I get on, tried deleting my account...: Can someone help me with this but I tried restarting my console, turning it off for hours at a time but it won’t sign me in. submitted by /u/Tiabetianquailudes [link] [comments]
  5. My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers PLEASE READ I NEED LIVE HELP IMMEDIATELY

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers PLEASE READ I NEED LIVE HELP IMMEDIATELY: I am using my son's account. My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers and your support is completely useless as it constantly requires me to sign back in to get assistance and yet I...
  6. How to gain access to xbox live account if a hacker deleted my microsoft email and added...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to gain access to xbox live account if a hacker deleted my microsoft email and added...: Recently, my microsoft account was hacked, with someone adding their own email and deleting mine(**Removed PII**). I had to make a new microsoft with the same email(**Removed PII**), and now don't...
  7. Can you all make sure my auto pay on my Xbox for Xbox live is off delete my card please I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you all make sure my auto pay on my Xbox for Xbox live is off delete my card please I...: Delete my card from auto pay so I’m not paying for something I will never use again 3edfb132-e9bf-4f12-b0cb-c88bce498527
  8. My xbox live clips will not delete

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox live clips will not delete: Hello! I’m having a bit of an irritating issue with my captures. I am trying to free up space, but whenever I delete clips and screenshots, they say deleted and then they come back. I have no...
  9. My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...: Yes my Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save-as much as I’ve looked around for answers online to this solution I can tell that many people have had this same problem through all...
  10. xbox live account delet

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live account delet: how do i delet my xbox live account 69893d65-794c-4deb-850c-841c8662484b