How do I contact a human at Microsoft about a warranty?

Discus and support How do I contact a human at Microsoft about a warranty? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had to send 2 of my Xbox controllers back to Microsoft under their warranty due to being faulty. I have only received one back and cannot find... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Caitlin Reid, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Caitlin Reid
    Caitlin Reid Guest

I had to send 2 of my Xbox controllers back to Microsoft under their warranty due to being faulty.

I have only received one back and cannot find anything about the second one. Both devices now seem to have disappeared off of my device list so I can’t go through that route as I keep getting asked for the serial number! I cannot get in contact with them as I just hit a brick wall. I have tried all contact methods. I have spoken to “agents” and bots. I have also tried to phone them which resulted in being on the phone with a bot, who then at the end of the call told me to go online! I have tried to request a call, which I keep being told I can’t have. I have even tried the contact us method using the drop box options. Problem is the drop box options don’t give me the option for the issue I’m having! I did use other options as close to my issue as possible but still getting no where! I am getting very angry about this situation and this appears to be a last resort? I do not know what else to do? I’m at a loss and I’ve lost out on money as it was a personalised controller so it was not cheap!

:)

Caitlin Reid, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Hello again Caitlin R,

I understand, you received one control but not the other? In this case, I advise you to contact Support so they can help you with this problem.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. Caitlin Reid Win User

I will wait a few more days and see what happens, I just don’t want to leave it too long and be told it’s too late.

I just don’t understand how one control has been returned but one hasn’t and both are no longer on my device list.

Thank you for your advice and I hope I get my controller. If not I have no idea what I’m going to do as I’ve lost out on a controller and money.

Thanks again.
  4. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Caitlin, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

Sometimes it happens that your device temporarily disappears for a couple of days, but everything reappears normally after that in an updated form. It is important to keep in mind that they most likely had to replace the device you sent for repair with a completely new one. If another serial number appears on the repair order, that would be the answer.

I recommend that you wait patiently a couple more days to see if the status of your order is updated in that period of time, there should not be any problem since, as I said, I usually see that on some occasions the status disappears temporarily while it is being processed to update.

I hope you understand, and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/48b017a1-9cf4-4b35-b662-ab6bcc84e28a

(This page is in another language, so if you want to take a look at it, you will have to translate it manually).

If days still pass and the problem is not resolved, the only way to contact Xbox Support is through the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Greetings and a hug, friend!

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  5. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

How do I contact a human being on the phone at Microsoft

Hey there, Alex Blank

The option should be there. It will also depend on if they are open in your region. In England, it is Easter weekend, so the chances they are open are slim (but I haven't checked). While this isn't because your account has been hacked, the following method should give you the request call back

[​IMG]

You used to be able to ring support directly, however they have removed this option. The only numbers available are to the local Microsoft offices. Even then, the operator will connect you to support who will then tell you to go to the Microsoft support pages where you can contact an agent through the contact us link.

The only other number available is to the store support their website store, but I don't know if they will be able to help, or if they will direct you to support. If they direct you to support via transfer, the bot may tell you to contact support via the contact us method. Their phone number can be found on this article here: Contact Microsoft Store Support - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps,

Nathan
  6. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

How do I contact a human being on the phone at Microsoft

Hey there, Alex Blank

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

If you are wanting to reach out to someone from Xbox Support, please visit the contact us page: Contact us | Xbox Support

You will need to play around with the options until you see the request a call option.

Alternatively, you can post your question here and the community can try their best to help you.

Hope this helps,

Nathan
Thema:

1. How do I contact a human at Microsoft about a warranty? - Similar Threads - contact human Microsoft

2. How can I contact a human being?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I contact a human being?: I need to talk to a human not a computer. I keep getting charged $108.24 and I never authorized this transaction. I have already disputed with my bank, please can I talk to a human so we can get...
  3. Trouble contacting a human agent for making a repair request for a Xbox elite 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble contacting a human agent for making a repair request for a Xbox elite 2 controller.: I bought a Xbox elite 2 game controller and there is a drifting thumbstick issue. I tried to start a repair order but I got stuck at an error message. The message told me to contact the customer...
  4. Is there anyone besides the AI, an actual human that can contact the enforcement team and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyone besides the AI, an actual human that can contact the enforcement team and...: Can anyone besides the AI answer? This is a humbling experience and I’m not even the one was on the account… this is my personal long term account. Please help me Xbox, I’ll do absolutely anything...
  5. How do i get in contact with a human?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i get in contact with a human?: My account was banned for a “gamerpic” while i was at work. To my knowledge i am the only one that has access to my xbox app, and could change that picture. My little brother was playing uno with...
  6. How do I get into contact with a human agent?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get into contact with a human agent?: I've been trying to process a replacement service for a controller that is malfunctioning and still under warranty but the process is driving me mad. I got an error when I filled out the form for...
  7. why can i not get in contact with an actual human!!!! i was double charge for a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can i not get in contact with an actual human!!!! i was double charge for a...: I ordered fallout 1st for fallout 76 and microsoft charged my credit card twice and only gave me a single month im getting pissed off the website is no help the numbers i call refer me to the...
  8. How to a get a new code and how do you contact a human?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to a get a new code and how do you contact a human?: Today I bought a $25 gift card at Walgreens and the person that printed it has the entire code cut off and I can’t scratch the rest of it off I bought it and spend the last 3 hrs trying to figure...
  9. Is there anyway to contact a human without having to meet very specific requirements to be...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to contact a human without having to meet very specific requirements to be...: I need to get in touch with an actual HUMAN to help with my account recovery. The outlook account is the same as my xbox account so if im locked out of one, im locked out of both and can't recover...
  10. How does one contact Microsoft to speak to a human?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does one contact Microsoft to speak to a human?: How does one contact Microsoft to speak to a human? ddeb42c6-d040-4232-b3f6-d29e2071047e