how do I connect my gaming controller to my laptop through a wired connection

Discus and support how do I connect my gaming controller to my laptop through a wired connection in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to connect my gaming controller to my asus vivobook and it won't allow me to. whenever I connect it though Bluetooth it causes my pc to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aiden Swartwout, Sep 7, 2023.

1. how do I connect my gaming controller to my laptop through a wired connection

I am trying to connect my gaming controller to my asus vivobook and it won't allow me to. whenever I connect it though Bluetooth it causes my pc to overheat and crash my game, which is a similar experience other people have online.

:)

Aiden Swartwout, Sep 7, 2023
  2. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Hi Aiden S.

My name is Mauro and am glad to assist you.

Which controller Xbox controller?

Thanks,
    Mauro
  3. TheySeeMeYolin Win User

Xbox Wireless Controller Driver Code 39

Okay, here's what I've found:

Both controllers
    do not work on the desktop PC with either a wired or wireless connection.

The primary controller however (didn't try both),
    does work on my laptop (same OS build) with both a wired and wireless connection.

This would suggest it is a problem with my desktop PC despite having the same OS as my laptop.
  4. KaraboManne Win User

Xbox series controller unresponsive when connected wirelessly

Sorry but you said that you have to plug it on your laptop and then that you don't have to plug it on your laptop and phone, so I understand that are 2 different laptops
    No.

You're misunderstanding me.

I am using a laptop to play games.

I bought an xbox series controller.

It's connected to my laptop but games are not reading the controller. Meaning the light on the controller is solid and the controller shows as connected in Bluetooth but I can't play games because the controller is unresponsive but only when in a wireless state but functions well in a wired state.

The problem persists on another laptop BUT NOT on my mobile devices.

PLEASE HELP!
  5. My Stun is MLG Win User

Cant connect to Xbox live when my laptop is connected to Internet

Sorry, I have AT&T Uverse. My laptop is connected through my wireless and my Xbox is connected wired directly to the at&t tv box. My router is a 2wire 3800HGV-B
  6. xD4DDYx Win User

how do i connect my controller to my laptop

Locate and install the drivers, you do need a PC xbox pad. Also download XBCD so you can assign the triggers.
Thema:

1. how do I connect my gaming controller to my laptop through a wired connection - Similar Threads - connect gaming controller

2. trying to connect xbox1 game controller to PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    trying to connect xbox1 game controller to PC: i need help connecting xbox 1 game controller to pc c5be3dd5-7cca-4cf8-946e-d1757e063dfa
  3. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  4. Controller losses connection to game not to xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller losses connection to game not to xbox: Hi I have a xbox series s had if for about one and half year / 2 years .. the past couple of days when in a middle of a game the controller seems to loss its connection but it is still link up and...
  5. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  7. Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console: My brother connected my controller to his console (Xbox Series S), after that no matter how many times I connect and reconnect my controller to my computer, it doesn't work. I also tried system...
  8. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  9. When I load into Fortnite with Xbox cloud gaming I have my controller connected and the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I load into Fortnite with Xbox cloud gaming I have my controller connected and the...: When I load into Fortnite with Xbox cloud gaming I have my controller connected and the touchscreen control's won't disappear even tho I am on controller how do I fix this ?...
  10. My controller is connected and plays well on every game except fortnite. I play on Xbox one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller is connected and plays well on every game except fortnite. I play on Xbox one.: So I can see that the controller is sending input to the console however any last input will not register until the next input is made. It is infinitely delayed by this. Please help?...