How do I connect iPad and switch friends Minecraft?

Discus and support How do I connect iPad and switch friends Minecraft? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Cannot permanently connect as friends where they show up in friends list. Have also tried to create world with invite link and keep getting “unable to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by German Lara1, Dec 31, 2023.

1. German Lara1
    German Lara1 Guest

Cannot permanently connect as friends where they show up in friends list. Have also tried to create world with invite link and keep getting “unable to join” error message (tried creating various worlds on either device) . The invite link is seen on either device but still doesn’t connect.

One is a Nintendo switch and one is an iPad. Both are separately signed in with outlook Xbox live accounts. LAN settings allowed or turned on. Not sure what else to do to connect as friends or even join a world together.

:)

German Lara1, Dec 31, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there German, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

In this situation, I recommend contacting the Minecraft's dedicated Support team directly through the following link for assistance:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/requests/new

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I appreciate your understanding and I wish you good luck!

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. tbbj Win User

You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your account is set up

Wanted to share how I got iPads and Nintendo switch to play together. Key was to install xbox app onto the ipads. This then broadcasts their online presence to xbox.. which apparently the switch version for online connects through. games will show up as
    LAN on ipad if running from switch (in online mode). And if came is on ipad, it will show up as online game on switch, even though its LAN...
  4. Airsteelcraft Win User

How do you get Minecraft hunger games

How do you get minecraft hunger games
    On ipad becus i play on ipad
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Minecraft on Nintendo switch

...we have now started fresh with a new world in minecraft on the ipad. However, i still cannot access this new world on the nintendo switch minecraft
    Minecraft doesn't store the worlds "in the cloud" so that multiple devices can access one world.

If you have a world stored on your iPad, the Switch will NOT automatically have the world, even if you use the same Microsoft Account.

Your son can either "visit" the world on the iPad with the Switch, while the iPad is running Minecraft at that time through Multiplayer.

If you really want to have the world shared across both devices, your only option is to "rent" a realm that you have to pay for in monthly subscription fees.

Or if your son is okay with transferring the world from one device (e.g. iPad to the Switch and only play on the Switch from then on), you could use a free trial for Realms to transfer the world over.

To do that, your son activates a Realm subscription with a free trial on iOS, and uploads the desired world to the Realm service.

Then he connects the Switch to the same Realm, and downloads the world to his Switch.

Then you cancel the Realm subscription via
    https://my.minecraft.net/profile/realms
  6. David Wirsching Win User

How do I play Minecraft with someone else?

Hello Jon, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand your frustration at not being able to play Minecraft together with your child on iOS. Sometimes connectivity issues can be difficult to fix, but let's try a few steps to see if we can resolve the issue:

Check network connectivity: Make sure both devices (your iPad and your child's iPad) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You mentioned that you allowed local network access in Apple's network settings, which is a good step. However, check that both devices have a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection.

Update Minecraft: Make sure both iPads have the latest version of Minecraft installed. Outdated versions can sometimes cause compatibility issues when trying to connect to each other. You can update the game through the App Store on each device.

Restart the devices: Try restarting both iPads to refresh your network connections and clear up any temporary issues. Turn them off completely, wait a few seconds, and then turn them back on.

Check multiplayer settings: In Minecraft, go to the game settings on both iPads and verify that multiplayer is enabled. Open Minecraft, go to Settings, and make sure “Multiplayer Play” is turned on.

If you are not signed in, use Xbox Live accounts: Create or sign in with Xbox Live accounts on both iPads. This will allow you to add each other as friends and join each other's worlds more easily. In Minecraft, go to Settings, select "Profile," and sign in or create an Xbox Live account.

Add each other as friends: On each iPad, go to the Friends tab in Minecraft and add each other as friends using your Xbox Live usernames. Make sure you both accept friend requests.

Try different hosting methods: If the “Friends who can join” method does not work consistently, you can also try using the “Invite to play” option. One person can start a world and then send an invitation to the other person's Xbox Live username.

Check your security or firewall settings: If you have any firewalls or security apps on your iPads, make sure they are not blocking Minecraft network access. Temporarily disabling them or setting them to allow Minecraft connections can help fix problems.

If you've tried these steps and are still having difficulty, it may be helpful to contact the Minecraft support team. They can provide more specific guidance and resolve the issue directly with you.

I hope this helps.
    Best regards.
Thema:

1. How do I connect iPad and switch friends Minecraft? - Similar Threads - connect iPad switch

2. Connecting Series X controller to iPad

in XboX Insiders
    Connecting Series X controller to iPad: I've used my controller with my iPad before, but now i cant get it to connect. I'ts showing up in bluetooth, i tap it, it tries to connect, then it fails. Rinse and repeat over and over. Any...
  3. Xbox thinks headset connected anytime I remote play on iPad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox thinks headset connected anytime I remote play on iPad: Hi all, I’m having a constant issue that anytime I connect to remote play with my iPad, I have no sound coming from the iPad and the Xbox thinks a headset is attached. I have tried with multiple...
  4. My controller won’t connect back to my xbox after I used it with my IPad.

in XBoX on Windows
    My controller won’t connect back to my xbox after I used it with my IPad.: I have connected it with my iPad in the past but this time it’s not connecting back with my Xbox. Yes I have turned off the Bluetooth on my iPad so I know it’s not connected to it again. And when...
  5. Why connection timed out when I try to join my friends world on IOS Ipad?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why connection timed out when I try to join my friends world on IOS Ipad?: PLEASE HELP IM TRYING TO JOIN MY FRIENDS WORLD AND I CANT BECAUSE IT SAYS UNABLE TO CONNECT CONNECTION TIMED OUT IM ON IPAD IOS PLEASE HELP IM UPDATED 89fd3df2-b496-4ac1-8c97-81cb7b836a6f
  6. My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont...: My wifi works for every other device connected (laptops,iPad,phones) but my Xbox wont connect to it. I was just playing last night and I've had the same internet and wifi setup for the last 8...
  7. Game pass ultímate unable to connect to iPad

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass ultímate unable to connect to iPad: I recently added game pass to my ipad , but I haven’t been able to play anything because i keep getting a message to pops up saying “ trying to connect , unable to connect to server “ is there...
  8. Can’t connect to Xbox from ipad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox from ipad: Worked fine all week now it’s not 0b0d5749-c02b-4d99-8849-74da6122b088
  9. Fortnite won't connect from Ipad (continued)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite won't connect from Ipad (continued): Referring back to this thread - Support asked: Is this the only game where this happens? I haven't tried any other games. I can do that. The issue seems to be the Cloud Gaming servers, so I'm...
  10. Fortnite won't connect from ipad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite won't connect from ipad: I'm often getting the long queue message and it takes 15-20 minutes to connect. This is happening right now, but others in the room get connected immediately 6e7035c7-a984-465a-a9ae-a84d8efdc8d7