How do I close a free Xbox Live account

Discus and support How do I close a free Xbox Live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I created one in error while trying to take my daughters currently offline only account online. I didn't realise I was creating a new account, now that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dt Pembleton, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Dt Pembleton
    Dt Pembleton Guest

I created one in error while trying to take my daughters currently offline only account online. I didn't realise I was creating a new account, now that account associated with her email address has the gamertag she wants to use but not the profile with all
    her game saves etc, so I want to close the new one to try to then take her old one online.

:)

Dt Pembleton, Nov 23, 2014
  2. Help

How do I make a free Xbox live silver account?

FnordBloom50754, Nov 23, 2014
  3. sletanter
    sletanter Guest
    Moved to another country

Hello, I have a French XBox live account linked to my windows Live account, but since then I moved to the UK. I would like to create a new XBox live account and link it to my existing Windows Live account. How can I do that? I have tried to close my existing
    Xbox live account but I have not found anything on how to do it. S.

sletanter, Nov 23, 2014
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

the only way that is closes to closing an xbox live account is by closing the Microsoft Account itself.

Which I assume you don't want to do, so the best alternative is to move that xbox live account to another Microsoft Account (and close that one) This will free up the Microsoft Account and should allow you to use it to upgrade your daughters offline profile
    to an xbox live account.

The steps on how to move a xbox live account to another Microsoft Account can be found here:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account Be aware that this may take 30 days before
    you can perform the steps

The steps on how to upgrade an offline profile to an online profile can be found here:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-profile-to-gamertag

That should allow you to upgrade her offline profile, but like I mentioned it may take 30 days to complete, since moving an xbox live account to another MS account can only be done after the profile has been on the console for at least 30 days.

5. Dt Pembleton
    Dt Pembleton Guest
    Thank you, i will try that now.

Dt Pembleton, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Dt Pembleton Win User

Thank you, i will try that now.
  7. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

the only way that is closes to closing an xbox live account is by closing the Microsoft Account itself.

Which I assume you don't want to do, so the best alternative is to move that xbox live account to another Microsoft Account (and close that one) This will free up the Microsoft Account and should allow you to use it to upgrade your daughters offline profile
    to an xbox live account.

The steps on how to move a xbox live account to another Microsoft Account can be found here:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account Be aware that this may take 30 days before
    you can perform the steps

The steps on how to upgrade an offline profile to an online profile can be found here:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-profile-to-gamertag

That should allow you to upgrade her offline profile, but like I mentioned it may take 30 days to complete, since moving an xbox live account to another MS account can only be done after the profile has been on the console for at least 30 days.
  8. WPAK Win User

Cancelling an account

Hi there,

As far as I know the only way that comes close to cancelling an account is by closing the Microsoft Account that is connected to that xbox live account. I don't think that would free up the gamertag though.

You can do this via
    http://account.live.com
  9. dempup Win User

How do I close stolen Xbox Live Account

Hi Bob.

Thank you for reaching out to the forum. Check this guide if you feel your account has been compromised.

10. The Maple Fox Win User

How do I Close an Xbox Account.

Hey, so i tried to make any of the emails an alias but because they both have xbox accounts it didnt let me
Thema:

1. How do I close a free Xbox Live account - Similar Threads - close free Live

2. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  3. My account was closed without my permission

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was closed without my permission: If I try login into my account it says: "This microsoft account doesn't exist." However, when I try to make a new account wit the same email it says: ".... is already in a microsoft account. Use...
  4. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  5. Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...: Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s still playing music harm my Xbox series x? abada44f-6720-471c-b5b0-07ae71c10b9a
  6. my Xbox app on my PC keeps closing

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox app on my PC keeps closing: my Xbox app on my PC keeps closing moments after opening it. I've tried all the usual fixes (rebooting the app, ending task in task manager and opening again, checking if the app needed updating,...
  7. On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing.: On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing. I click to open and within 5-10 seconds it will close. For the few seconds it is open it is unresponsive. I have tried all the suggestions from...
  8. BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging: I'm unsure if this is the correct "Products/Category/Topics" for said issue, so if there is a more accurate place to be for this, let me know, thanks! BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01, is...
  9. Throne and Liberty Global Closed Beta Free access for Xbox Players

in XboX Insiders
    Throne and Liberty Global Closed Beta Free access for Xbox Players: Hello guys , If you are interested with MMORPG You can taste amazing free 2 play mmorpg's closed beta test , free access from Xbox insider hub . Here is video how you can do it...
  10. My CoD AW special edition Xbox one came only with 734 Free GB not close to 1 Terabyte.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My CoD AW special edition Xbox one came only with 734 Free GB not close to 1 Terabyte.: It also is making very loud noises while playing the AW which is installed on the hard drive no disk I am not sure if microsoft tested these models it makes a lot of noise and it also does not...