How do I check Xbox 360 disks for functionality?

Discus and support How do I check Xbox 360 disks for functionality? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How do I check xbox360 games for functionality? I am looking to sell some old games I have either played a Long time ago or just accumulated over the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Emily Thill, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Emily Thill
    Emily Thill Guest

How do I check xbox360 games for functionality? I am looking to sell some old games I have either played a Long time ago or just accumulated over the years. I’m looking to sell them or give them away but I don’t want to give them if they are not working or are broken.

If the game downloads onto the Xbox does that signify it is working?

Or similar to DVDs or might work for a while but eventually glitch or buffer?

:)

Emily Thill, Jun 13, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Emily! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Yes, if your console recognizes and is able to launch the discs it means they are good to go. As for the buffering there is really no way to tell until it happens
  3. SK8RNICK06 Win User

trouble reading elder scroll blood

4. Nixelplex Win User

XBOX1 and used Games

The disks will say if they are for xbox one or the 360. Check the disk, then the backwards compatibility list.
  5. TiamosLoren Win User

So Annoyed!

Do you have a Hard Disk Drive installed on your 360? Original Xbox games will not function on the Xbox 360 unless there is one installed (the reason being, I suspect, is that it has to go through an emulation process - this is also the reason why some Original
    Xbox titles are incompatible with the Xbox 360).

If this is not the issue (and you are using an HDD), what errors are you getting when trying to play the game disc?
  6. Nielo TM Win User

Please sell an SSD instead of just bigger HDDs

360 doesn't actually install games. It creates an image of the disk on the HDD, so the data is still compressed.

-

What JohnnyVonRotten meant was, all 360 games are designed to run off the disk. They have to function without the HDD. This is not a problem on the next-gen cos both Xbox One and PS4 games have to be installed.
Thema:

1. How do I check Xbox 360 disks for functionality? - Similar Threads - check 360 disks

2. Sacar un logro de Xbox 360 [Edit - Translation] - Check out an Xbox 360 achievement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sacar un logro de Xbox 360 [Edit - Translation] - Check out an Xbox 360 achievement: Hola, se que ya es demasiado tarde para decir esto pero, alguien aún tendrá xbox 360? Y si es así, tendrá un juego llamado Cloning Clyde? Hay un logro que siempre quise para que mi GameScore no...
  3. How to check if Xbox 360 S is working properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to check if Xbox 360 S is working properly?: I took out my Xbox 360 S from storage. Is there a way to test it to ensure everything is working properly? Thanks. eb019364-89aa-4de5-9d6f-13a8a1e20b9a
  4. xbox 360, asks to check security of profile, but won't accept my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 360, asks to check security of profile, but won't accept my password: its been over a week, can't access xbox live via xbox 360, keeps asking to check security of profile, but won't accept my password, and my password is 100% correct when I enter it...
  5. in 2019, how to check what xbox 360 games i have but not downloaded to my device yet?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    in 2019, how to check what xbox 360 games i have but not downloaded to my device yet?: before I can see this information at xbox.com -> my games but it disappeared few weeks ago. I wonder what method I can use to check games that I dont download yet. many thanks for your answers....
  6. Can't sign in to your profile in 360 emulator on the Xbox One? Check this.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't sign in to your profile in 360 emulator on the Xbox One? Check this.: The issue is: When you start a 360 title that is backwards compatible on the Xbox One, you get to the start screen of your game, and you are not logged in automatically. You go to the sign in...
  7. Check if you are logged into your xbox 360 while on the xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Check if you are logged into your xbox 360 while on the xbox one: Hey everybody, I gave my brother my xbox 360 since I have a xbox one now, and sometimes I want to play a backwards compatible game on my xbox one. So I was wondering if there is any way to check...
  8. Purchasing Destiny: The Taken King for Xbox 360? Check here!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchasing Destiny: The Taken King for Xbox 360? Check here!: Hey everyone! We are definitely excited about the recent release of Destiny: The Taken King and we wanted to make sure that you have all the proper information regarding purchasing The Taken...
  9. Purchasing Destiny: The Taken King for Xbox 360? Check here!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchasing Destiny: The Taken King for Xbox 360? Check here!: Hey everyone! We are definitely excited about the recent release of Destiny: The Taken King and we wanted to make sure that you have all the proper information regarding purchasing The Taken...
  10. error security check for profile xbox live (xbox 360)

in XBoX on Consoles
    error security check for profile xbox live (xbox 360): When i enter the e-mail address and the password i used to access in Microsoft, appear the error 800705B4 e1113a69-9ef4-405b-9454-f47e6554414b