How do i change the Minecraft Java username of an account that doesn't own Minecraft anymore?

Discus and support How do i change the Minecraft Java username of an account that doesn't own Minecraft anymore? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I had a Microsoft account i had the GamePass on, and i played Minecraft Java on it. I made another account and i bought Minecraft on it, but i can't... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DAV18113, Sep 6, 2023.

1. DAV18113
    DAV18113 Guest

How do i change the Minecraft Java username of an account that doesn't own Minecraft anymore?

So I had a Microsoft account i had the GamePass on, and i played Minecraft Java on it. I made another account and i bought Minecraft on it, but i can't use the same username because it is taken by the account that doesnt have the gamepass anymore and it won't let me change the minecraft username of the account, because that account doesn't own minecraft anymore.

Can anybody help? I have a lot of progress on some servers and i dont want to lose it

:)

DAV18113, Sep 6, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello DAV18113,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue with changing your Minecraft username. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Unfortunately, this is not something that we can help you with, as Minecraft Java is not part of the Xbox Game Pass service. You will need to contact Mojang Support for assistance with your Minecraft account and username. You can find their contact information here: Contact Us | Minecraft Help

I hope this clarifies your situation and I apologize for any confusion. Thank you for choosing Xbox and have a great day.
  3. Jackson McHugh Win User

Minecraft help

Hi, i am able to login to my microsoft account fine, but when i login to the minecraft launcher now it says i dont own minecraft java anymore and i know it was hacked because my friend said someone changed my minecraft name.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Paid for minecraft, only able to play demo

Hello Kawaii bbe,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you have change your username for your Microsoft account that was used to sign into Minecraft and the changes did not effect. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

If I may ask, what Minecraft version you have purchased? Is it Minecraft for Windows, or Minecraft Java Edition? Have you migrated your Mojang account to Microsoft account? If you have already migrated your account, use your Microsoft account to sign into Minecraft.

For Minecraft: Java Edition, users who have a Microsoft account can change their username for free at Log in | Minecraft. Navigate to My games and select the Minecraft: Java Edition dropdown box or you may refer to this link: Minecraft: Java Edition Username VS Gamertag FAQ – Home

As per your description, after changing the username and sign in the account, it seems that you do not own the game. Have you tried to sign in the account with old username to check if you can play with Minecraft just fine? That is to check if changing username with the version you have purchased is permitted. If you can sign in the old account with the old username and able to play the game, it would mean that changing the username of the version of Minecraft you have is not applicable. For any issue of signing in your Minecraft account, please refer to Minecraft support through this link: Submit a request – Home (minecraft.net)

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Pierce H. Win User

No free gametag change

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this is the only way to get a gamertag change right now. However, I did want to clarify that your Minecraft Java username is separate from your gamertag. In-game your username will display your Minecraft Java username and not your gamertag. You are free to change your Minecraft Java username as many times as you would like for free after each waiting period. I hope this answered your question.

Thanks,

6. [ A J ] Win User

minecraft gamertag

Hi, David! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Are you referring to your Minecraft: Java Edition in-game username? if you are here's how to change it.

To change your Minecraft username, you'll need to sign in at https://www.minecraft.net/profile then click on "My games" > Minecraft Java Edition > Profile Name. This Minecraft support page explains in good detail how to change your in-game username, as well as the requirements for it:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

I hope this helps! please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. How do i change the Minecraft Java username of an account that doesn't own Minecraft anymore? - Similar Threads - change Minecraft Java

2. Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java doesn't let me change my skin, all it does is return an error (both site and...: Simply put, when i try to update my Minecraft skin, it just returns an "Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong..." error. And as for the site, whenever i try updating it, it doesn't return...
  3. my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back

in XBoX Accessibility
    my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back: I tried to make a support ticket on minecraft.net and they said to use actual microsoft support and everytime i try to contact somebody it only says I can contact the community, which really wont...
  4. minecraft java profile name I want to change/revert back my name to legam786

in XBoX Accessibility
    minecraft java profile name I want to change/revert back my name to legam786: Hello Microsoft Support, I would like to change/revert my name back to legam786 on minecraft. My friend change it to BonggoBug without my Permission and i dont like this name. Is there any way to...
  5. Hi in Minecraft Java when I change my skin in the launcher it doesn't change and stays as...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi in Minecraft Java when I change my skin in the launcher it doesn't change and stays as...: I tried signing in and signing out, re-installing the launcher and none of them seem to be working. b389d308-b0cb-4a02-be0a-a8da0bb3b810
  6. Can not change Skin in Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not change Skin in Minecraft Java Edition: When try to apply skin, Minecraft Laucher said "Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong..." d7a3092d-10e8-463b-83e3-4272398b75a3
  7. Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.: I am logged into the account associated with my minecraft account and whenever I go online to change my username or skin, I am not provided with the drop down menu. Instead it is asking me to buy...
  8. Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition: I am writing to request assistance with a username change on my Minecraft Java account. Currently, my username is 'focusngl,' and I would like to change it to '.' However, during the change...
  9. I have to change my Minecraft Java username before the 30 days cooldown

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have to change my Minecraft Java username before the 30 days cooldown: I find my current username, EndermanSmelter, inappropriate (violent) as it implies that I smelt Enderman. Thus, I am not able to join certain servers as the Moderators deem my username to be...
  10. I'd like to request a username change (Minecraft: For Java)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'd like to request a username change (Minecraft: For Java): Pretty much, I stopped playing for awhile but have recently gotten back into the game (Minecraft: For Java) and had trouble logging in, Once I managed to get back in I had realized that I had been...