How do i change the email and phone number of an account if i dont have access to the email...

Discus and support How do i change the email and phone number of an account if i dont have access to the email... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I found out my account got hacked from an email saying that information was added to my account, and then another one saying that information was... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ali Alahmad3, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Ali Alahmad3
    Ali Alahmad3 Guest

How do i change the email and phone number of an account if i dont have access to the email...

I found out my account got hacked from an email saying that information was added to my account, and then another one saying that information was deleted from my account. i thought this was a phishing scam at first but after trying to login to my account with the original email address, it said that it did not exist. eventually, i did some recovery forms and i got the account back. But now i want to change the email and add a phone number to further increase the security of the account, but i dont have access to the email that it wants me to get a verification code from. Is there anyway i can do this without a recovery code, or a verification code from the hackers email? (this is posted on another account just incase i stop having access to the recovered one)

Also in the products section of this i couldnt really find something that fit this post, so i just put gaming and xbox because the hacked microsoft account is for minecraft.

:)

Ali Alahmad3, Jul 12, 2023
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

I can't change my email associated with my account

You can't change an email's account password unless you have access to that account or you have inserted security emails or a phone number
  3. WattyNuela Win User

How do i change the email and phone number of an account if i dont have access to the email that is receiving verification codes, or the recovery code?

Hello Ali, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I would like to let you know that, unfortunately, from the user side, if we don't have access to the security methods registered in the Microsoft account. It is not possible to modify it without receiving the proper security code.

You can review this information by clicking below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...

However, you may want to reach Microsoft support to review other options you may have.

I appreciate the opportunity to let you know that in the community forums, no one is capable of reviewing or modifying account information.
  4. ngocphi Win User

STOP ASKING FOR MORE SECURITY INFORMATION!!!!

Thats why you dont use a email

do you not understand how proofs work?

You use a sms or a phone number

there is multiple methods how you use rhe verifcation codes I suggest you read the security proofs faq even if thry get ahold of your password they would still need access to your proofs

dont feel secure abou5 your email choices then simple use phone or sms or the other many options

if both emails get compromise I suggest you stop using a common password

I change mine every 6 months

even if your email is compromised no password change will occur if you enable proofs correctly if you have it to sms or a phone number

proofs are seperate from your password reset options and always should be
  5. Ronnieee Win User

That Microsoft account doesn't exist

Did you try using a phone number that might be tied up to your account? Because you might be using a different email to that account before. It will not change the email to that account if you do not have access to the primary email before and most especially the security proofs.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Account email 360 is outta use, how to transfer account to xbox one?

It does not matter if the email is in use anymore or not it would still be considered a MS account.

Now if you want to change the email that is used to sign into your account you can go to

account.live.com/addassocid

choose either create a new (outlook.com) email or use an existing email (that is not currently a MS account.

you will need to verify ownership of the account with a security proof that you have on the account

How this is done it will send a code to either an email or phone number that was added as a security proof on the account.

now if you do not have access to any of the security proofs you can still change the security proof on the account

KEEP IN MIND IF YOU DO KNOW THE EMAIL AND PASSWORD FOR THE ACCOUNT BUT DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY OF THE SECURITY PROOFS YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO ADD A NEW SECURITY PROOF TO THE ACCOUNT BUT THIS WILL CAUSE YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE PUT INTO A 30 DAY HOLD FROM BEING
    ABLE TO DO ANYTHING THAT REQUIRES A SECURITY PROOF. LIKE CHANGING THE EMAIL, PASSWORD, SECURITY PROOFS, PHONE NUMBERS. ONCE THE CHANGE GETS STARTED THERE IS NO WAY TO CANCEL IT UNLESS YOU REGAIN ACCESS TO ONE OF THE OLD SECURITY PROOFS.
Thema:

1. How do i change the email and phone number of an account if i dont have access to the email... - Similar Threads - change email phone

2. I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere: My ign is Gamer_6451 Hey i was playing minecraft and i gave a single use code for microsoft because i didnt read the email fully and now i cant access my minecraft account, I tried signing in...
  3. Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

in XboX Insiders
    Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email): Basically the title. I have had the same Xbox account since I was a kid which has always been under my dad’s email address. As I’m older now, I want to be able to take control of the...
  4. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...
  5. How to change the email, if you don't have access to that email (with no phone link)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the email, if you don't have access to that email (with no phone link): I stupidly change the email on my account to one of those temporary email sites. Obvious, I don't have access to that email anymore or know what it is. The account is old so I never linked a phone...
  6. Is there ANY WAY to change an email or phone number to your Microsoft account while being...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there ANY WAY to change an email or phone number to your Microsoft account while being...: During recovery each time it says it's because of the ISP? We no longer have the old email address. Sooo many attempts to recover with no luck. 41b495d9-f021-438f-9386-e77559b929f3
  7. Change email and phone number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email and phone number: Hello I just changed my email and removed my phone number from Microsoft account, but when I need to verify myself or log into the account I need to verify myself and there is only 2 options for...
  8. Can I expedite the 30 Day waiting time to change my phone/email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I expedite the 30 Day waiting time to change my phone/email: I no longer have access to an old phone number I had, and If I try to access my account to a new Xbox it asks me for a security code (Wich is send to said old number) so I'm left unable to access...
  9. On xbox 1s how do you change email and phone number

in XBoX Accessibility
    On xbox 1s how do you change email and phone number: Need help changing email and phone number to new stuff no longer have access to old stuff 5ac7fef5-1cf1-464b-905a-8bf11a228a8d
  10. my account was hacked, email was changed, phone number and recovery email deleted. i have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my account was hacked, email was changed, phone number and recovery email deleted. i have...: Hello, so my account was hacked about an hour ago, as expected support has been less than helpful by telling me my account "no longer exists". right, so i can't enter any information onto the...