How do I change port selection since the upnp is unsuccessful on my Xbox

Discus and support How do I change port selection since the upnp is unsuccessful on my Xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Need to change port or something cause my game isn’t working due to nat type staying moderate and saying upnp is unsuccessful.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tyler Evans6, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Tyler Evans6
    Tyler Evans6 Guest

Need to change port or something cause my game isn’t working due to nat type staying moderate and saying upnp is unsuccessful.

:)

Tyler Evans6, Feb 11, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Tyler, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can use your device IP on the DMZ of your Router.

To give you the correct steps, I would need to know your router model and search for it, but, I can also give you some directions.

There are also great guides online, like these*:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-dmz-guide

https://www.ubisoft.com/help/connec...article/setting-up-dmz-for-xbox-one/000061024

There is also this complete guide about NAT errors and configuration on the Xbox website, I recommend it:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-nat-error

--------------------------------
    Setting the DMZ
    --------------------------------

A) On your Router

1. Make sure to use the ethernet cable connection, it is more reliable than the Wi-Fi one. (If possible)

2. You then, have to assign a static (fixed) IP for your Xbox console on your router, which will enable you to do the next steps

3. Turn on DMZ under the IP you selected for your Xbox Console.

4. Turn on UPnP on your router

By doing that, you'll pretty much have an open and direct connection to the game servers.

B) On the Xbox Console

Configure the network settings accordingly.

Enter the Settings menu.

Under the General tab, select Network Settings then Advanced Settings.

Take note of the information displayed

Select IP Settings > Manual.

Enter the same IP you configured on your router DMZ.

*Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. SoleSix89506272 Win User

NAT stuck on strict saying UPNP not successful with DMZ and UPNP enabled

I have put the console in the DMZ zone after making the console IP static, I then port triggered all of those ports, then turned my UPnP off and on, then disabled the firewall on my internet. None of that worked though, it still says my NAT is strict and that my UPnP is unsuccessful.
  4. XA JJKILLERs Win User

NAT type Strict

I have been facing the problem of NAT since the first day of my xbox.I have enabled UPnP on my router login page but still its giving me a STRICT NAT type rather than an OPEN NAT.I have used port selection in Xbox settings but still no change. I need the
    NAT Type Open because i am unable to play Apex Legends.Xbox is also prompting me that UPnP not successful.

Looking further for Help

ISHAN PATNAIK
    Have you port forwarded your xbox. UPnP is a good start.
  5. TMaow Win User

The (NAT Type : Moderate) curse

Ok thx for replying, I tried to use DMZ without upnp and I selected the last port and nothing changed then I turned upnp on and rebooted my router and now I have unavailable Nat type with teredo error even tho I have IPv4 and not ipv6 because I heard that
    the tredo error has something to do with ipv6 anyway I restarted my xbox to see if something changes and it did, now my nat is still moderate but my port is 54145 and its usually 3074 and now I selected the last port as you said and now I got unavailable nat
    type with teredo error :( then I clicked on automatic and the port is now 3074 and it's still unavailable and thnx
  6. E IS IxR Win User

Unsuccessful UPnP

I agree with switching, ive seen a slew of posts already for att hotspot issues that just started this past week. Att is no help theyll just tell you they dont support upnp even though it hasnt been an issue for years connecting, good luck!
Thema:

1. How do I change port selection since the upnp is unsuccessful on my Xbox - Similar Threads - change port selection

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  6. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  7. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  8. How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?: I recently purchased the Xfinity WiFi now pass and can't seem to connect to the network even though I have full signal fb640be0-89eb-47e7-bb46-96d23555790c
  9. Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...: [img] here is a photo of what it looks like bb1e3daf-04bc-4be3-9fd6-114ba54710be
  10. I have changed hdmi leads and ports bit still getting black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have changed hdmi leads and ports bit still getting black screen: I have changed hmdi leads and ports but still getting black screen 712ae9af-d9b1-4c35-872a-534b0a3b3d05