How do I change my routers configuration

Discus and support How do I change my routers configuration in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m trying to connect to my university’s WiFi but it says that because it’s not WPA/WPA2 or WEP it won’t do it 99728f5e-792e-4118-a748-ffaefea56b6a Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Elora Koski, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Elora Koski
    Elora Koski Guest

I’m trying to connect to my university’s WiFi but it says that because it’s not WPA/WPA2 or WEP it won’t do it

:)

Elora Koski, Nov 28, 2023
  2. franco d'esaro Win User

What does your router have to do with your university's network?

I assume that when you connect to the university network you only use your PC and not your router. If not, then explain further. Have you previously managed to connect to your university's WiFi network or have you never managed to do so?

The WiFi security settings to use must be provided to you by the management of your university. Can you connect to the internet with your computer through your home WiFi network?
  3. KindGryphon Win User

How do I change my routers configuration to public

If the router is the college campas's then you cant personally. The college isnt going to do that either as it would leave their network wide open and vulnerable.

That being said most college campuses block gaming devices unless they are whitelisted. Generally the only way to fix this is to speak with the colleges IT Admin and ask them to add your console to the whitelist so i can get past their firewall.

Again you wouldnt be able to do any of this yourself and would have to contact your colleges IT admin.
  4. Gamingboy177 (Sam) Win User

How do I change my routers configuration to public

You will have to speak to your Network Admin.
  5. DickieAnderson Win User

change network security protocol - change router config?

I'm trying to connect a network to my xbox but it's not letting me and this is the message that keeps popping up, "This console supports WPA/WPA2 (personal), WPA2 (personal), and WEP network security protocols,
    but your router is using something else. You'll need to change your router configuration." So I want to know how can I change my router's security protocol so I can connect to the wifi?
    how to change my router configuration on my xbox one
  6. DanologyUK Win User

Airlink: change my router configuration

The default IP address you need to connect to is 192.168.2.1

You need to put this IP address into the address bar like you would with any website.

The default username is to be left blank and the default password is admin.

Hope this helps you.
Thema:

1. How do I change my routers configuration - Similar Threads - change routers configuration

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. How do i change upnp if router doesnt allow me to

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i change upnp if router doesnt allow me to: Upnp not on. My t mobile hot spot does not have router config options so how do enable upnp without it so i can use xbox app on xbox 1x to install appys 97d44d6f-3ec8-458f-9b5a-923a996c5980
  6. Series X connection issues due to changing ISP & router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X connection issues due to changing ISP & router: I've just changed my ISP & router & I'm having difficulty connecting to Internet, NAT type is allover the place, tried changing upnp settings with no joy, are there any other setting that need...
  7. Info about changing my router security protocol

in XBoX on Consoles
    Info about changing my router security protocol: Why doesn't Xbox one accept my wi-fi f248937a-345f-4bff-a574-3abeb6a59da4
  8. I can't change Teredo or IPv6 settings on my Alcatel CAT7 linkhub wi-fi router

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't change Teredo or IPv6 settings on my Alcatel CAT7 linkhub wi-fi router: Hi, I'm trying to play on Destiny : The Collection and I can't sign into the servers, I can play on every other game I have no problem, but I'd like to know if it's possible to access Teredo and...
  9. How di change router from ipv4 to ipv6

in XBoX on Consoles
    How di change router from ipv4 to ipv6: How can I change router from ipv4 to ipv6 83a348c3-1c3b-4e2b-8a8b-6190a16f43c5
  10. Charter Communications: How do I Chang my router to IPv6

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Charter Communications: How do I Chang my router to IPv6: Charter Communications (ISPs): How do I Chang my router to IPv6 For this you should contact your net provider. You need a public IP to get IPv6 ddc1e669-d75d-4400-8369-b984d801cbd8