How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...

Discus and support How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got a new controller and played some apex then plugged in my headset, then after a while I wanted to change my mic monitoring but it's says "Use your... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Elitee Noi, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Elitee Noi
    Elitee Noi Guest

How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...

I got a new controller and played some apex then plugged in my headset, then after a while I wanted to change my mic monitoring but it's says "Use your headset or other device to change the volume" I can't change my mic monitoring not the headset volume or headset chat mixer but if I plug theic into my bad controller that is broken then I can change mic monitoring but if I plug the headset back into the new controller it resets back

:)

Elitee Noi, Sep 24, 2023
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change the volume"

Hi Elitee Noi,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change the volume"

Is it an official MS controller, or a third party one? If it's the latter, what's the make and model of the controller?

Some third party controllers have a button on them that you can press to adjust various audio settings, for example, you might hold down a button and then press up and down on the D-pad to change the volume, which can cause the kind of message you're seeing to appear.
  4. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi Elitee Noi,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I understand that you are having trouble changing your mic monitoring on your new controller.

Firstly, it's important to note that mic monitoring is a feature that allows you to hear your own voice through the headset. If you're unable to change the mic monitoring, it could be due to a few reasons.

One possible cause could be that the new controller's firmware needs to be updated. To update the firmware, please follow these steps:

1. Connect your controller to your Xbox One console using a USB cable.

2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

3. Select "Profile & system" > "Settings" > "Devices & accessories".

4. Select the controller you want to update.

5. Select "Device info" > "Firmware version".

6. If an update is available, select "Update now" and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the firmware update doesn't resolve the issue, you can try resetting your controller to its default settings. Here's how: (Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support)

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select "Profile & system" > "Settings" > "Devices & accessories".

3. Select the controller you want to reset.

4. Select "Reset to default" and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, try these steps below:

- Make sure your headset is compatible with the new controller. You can check the compatibility list here: Connect a compatible headset | Xbox Support

- If your headset has its own volume controls, try adjusting them to see if they affect the mic monitoring settings. You may need to use the headset's manual or website for instructions.

- Test your new controller with a different headset, or test your headset with a different controller, to see if the issue persists. This will help you determine if the problem is with the controller or the headset.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Marrion
  5. mpowers96 Win User

Microphone Sensitivity

I believe Mic Monitoring is what you’re looking for.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/set-up-chat-headset

“You can also adjust your headset audio and mic monitoring by going to Settings and selecting Devices & Accessories.
    Select your controller and then select the audio option you want to use.”
    I might be wrong but doesnt mic monitoring just change how much you hear your own voice?
  6. Edward Callf Win User

My Xbox Mic will not work?

hey still not working, i have used the headsets with other devices and the microphones work fine. I have had previous xboxes with the same issue so i doubt its the xbox's issue. I did change my age on my microsoft account a while ago because it was wrong so im not sure if that has anything to do with my mic. I notice when using my apple earbuds when mic monitoring is turned on there is a static noise that gets louder when i put more monitoring on. Im not sure if that is useful information?
Thema:

1. How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change... - Similar Threads - change mic monitoring

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  6. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  7. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  8. How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?: I recently purchased the Xfinity WiFi now pass and can't seem to connect to the network even though I have full signal fb640be0-89eb-47e7-bb46-96d23555790c
  9. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  10. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6