How do I change my internet settings while my console is in offline mode due to an update?

Discus and support How do I change my internet settings while my console is in offline mode due to an update? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I had connected my xbox to my Hotspot since our internet wasn't working, & didn't change it back before I went to go do something, 8 hours later I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Drew Bryne, Sep 14, 2023.

1. Drew Bryne
    Drew Bryne Guest

How do I change my internet settings while my console is in offline mode due to an update?

So I had connected my xbox to my Hotspot since our internet wasn't working, & didn't change it back before I went to go do something, 8 hours later I come back to find my console is updating but never progressing any further, even after 8 hours of this update, keep in mind it's only 1GB, so I need help finding how to change the wifi network I'm connected to on my xbox without the console immediately saying "You need to use the update for this feature."

:)

Drew Bryne, Sep 14, 2023
  2. Jerome Wenzel Win User

Hi Drew B! I’m more than happy to help you!
    During an update, certain console features, including network settings, may be limited or unavailable. However, try completely restarting your Xbox. Sometimes a simple reset can resolve temporary issues and allow you to access setup features again.
    Best Regards, Jerome
  3. DigitalAssassin Win User

Xbox offline games- games for gold problems

4. Ranger Of D3ath Win User

Weak internet WiFi....

As Genesis1953 said above you can put your console into offline mode or you could just remove your internet settings from the console then it won't connect to the internet at all and go into offline mode that way but obviously if you do this you won't be
    able to receive any updates from Xbox to have an updated console
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

Game won't install

Are you installing it from a disc? You can install a game from a game disc while the console is offline, but you'll need to make sure it's set to offline mode (Settings -> General -> Network settings -> Go offline). However, in order to get any needed
    updates, the console will, at some point, be required to connect to the Internet.
  6. XBF George L Win User

My son signs in on his profile no problem on his Xbox One but it automatically signs him out seconds later. Please help

Hello Conor.

From the sound of things it could be that your sons account when put onto the console or created was set up with sign in preferences that could stop you from being signed in while offline. You can go to your settings and select the Account tab while the
    console is connected to the internet then select where it says sign in security and passkey. Once there press "A" on the tab that says "Change my sign-in & security preferences" and set it to no barriers. Once that is done he should be able to remain signed
    in in offline mode.

Let us know with a reply how it goes.
Thema:

1. How do I change my internet settings while my console is in offline mode due to an update? - Similar Threads - change internet settings

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  6. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  7. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  8. How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?: I recently purchased the Xfinity WiFi now pass and can't seem to connect to the network even though I have full signal fb640be0-89eb-47e7-bb46-96d23555790c
  9. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  10. After changing internet supplier i can no longer access cloud gaming from my phone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After changing internet supplier i can no longer access cloud gaming from my phone: Iv never had a problem cloud gaming off my phone before but now when i try streaming a game i get the message "Disconnect your remote play session to play games from the cloud, or launch something...