How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?

Discus and support How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? None of the previous threads answers this question as it has since changed. Please... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lucas Fladzinski, Nov 9, 2023.

1. How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?

How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? None of the previous threads answers this question as it has since changed. Please include step by step instructions. Under the Family Settings, there's only these options: Edit profile picture, Manage consent, Remove from family group. There are no other options to change the email address. It's extremely frustrating trying to figure out this seemingly easy task. My kid is going to lose all of his gaming history if I don't change his email asap.

:)

Lucas Fladzinski, Nov 9, 2023
  2. XboxMom79 Win User

Xbox Family

Thank you is it possible to change the email address associated with the account? For example- the account is with my email address. Could i change it to my childs email address? Then create another account with my email address and add his account
    to the family?
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

separating accounts

you cannot transfer games/DLC or save from one account to another but you can change the account email address. It can be a multi-step process however I do not know that you can make an account a child account once validated as an adult, if that's what
    you want to do.

Add an email address verify it works

update primary email address, make sure it works

Remove old email address.

how to change your email address
  4. Cremo Cremo Win User

EA - Star Wars Battlefront Online Features Age Restriction?

How do you log into your Child's EA account? When I created the EA account on the Xbox, on the Home Screen of SWB, I was asked to put in my own email address (which is logical) for verification/parental consent purposes, since EA already knew the account
    would be for a minor (I guess based of the Xbox Live/gamertag info). I then created a username and password for the account and submitted. Once I received the email from EA/Origin, I verified that I was the parent/guardian and that was that. Not once during
    did the process did it ask for my child's email address or age.

When you go to ea.com to login, it asks for an email address and not a username. Since no email was assigned to my child's account, I cannot log into the account. If I use the username and password, I get an "Invalid email address" error message. EA did
    not send any information or provide a means to me to manage the child account.

I would love to change the age on just the EA account, but, I do not think it is feasible. I read on another forum that I need to change the age on the Xbox Live account and then create a new EA account that is linked to the "now instantly >13 yr old child"
    Xbox Live account. Not worth it and I do not want to give my child that much control. We can play online on my account. My child is much better than this old man and I can level up faster.

Thanks again for all the info.
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Lucas F, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

To change the email address for your child's Xbox account, you can follow these steps

Sign in at account.microsoft.com.

Select Your information.

Under Account Information, select Communication Preferences and update your email address

Or, you can open the Guide on your Xbox console and select Settings > Account > Sign in, security, and passcode

Select Change my sign-in and security preferences and add or delete emails

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

I understand your annoyance, dear, but I would like to tell you the following: currently, if a person opens an account that in the long run is an account of trophies and achievements obtained like someone who claims to have a gifted account, of course it is always recommended that that account be separate and unique. For that person, as a player and independent advisor I handle very little information on accounts or modifications, it would be best for you to contact Microsoft support and wait for a concise response.
Thema:

1. How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? - Similar Threads - change child's email

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?: I have a family account set up. I am the owner and I have one child on it. Every time we try to log them in on Xbox, it requires a password. I want to change it so that we don't have to enter a...
  7. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  8. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  9. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  10. How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?: This is one for the books and for those familiar with Epic Games accounts. A long time ago, I deleted my Outlook account without realizing that it was linked to my child's Epic Games account. It...