How do I change Microsoft gift card balance currency?

Discus and support How do I change Microsoft gift card balance currency? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a 5 dollars microsoft gift card in cad. But I want the gift card currency to be changed since i wanna pay in USD. My settings region is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adam Wang1, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Adam Wang1
    Adam Wang1 Guest

Hello, I have a 5 dollars microsoft gift card in cad. But I want the gift card currency to be changed since i wanna pay in USD. My settings region is in US, but how come my microsoft account balance is not in usd? Can someone help? Thanks.

:)

Adam Wang1, Sep 23, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Well no as cards are region locked

So buying a CAD gift.card you get cad balance consoles aren't banks
  3. rawcell Win User

Before I redeem Xbox gift card, I have a question for you.

Hello MartinHero!

Are the gift cards you have show "Microsoft Points" instead of your local currency? These types of gift cards have been discontinued years ago, and have moved to local currencies since.

This move from MSP (Microsoft Points) have then since enabled the sharing of your Microsoft Account Balance to be used on your Xbox One, and Windows purchases. As of now, it isn't possible to purchase Xbox 360 games young Microsoft Account Balance.

edit: No, you do not need Xbox Live Gold to redeem any currency-based gift cards.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Change gamertag with gamerpoints Xbox one

That is actually outdated information. It is referring to Microsoft points which were discontinued in 2013. In order to pay for a gamertag change you would need a credit card, Paypal, or you would need to add currency to your Microsoft account balance with
    a Xbox gift card.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Xbox balance on account

stored value

What happens if I buy a Microsoft gift card in Germany in euros and add it to my account, and then move to the United Kingdom? Does it convert from euros to British pounds?

Balances are not converted from one currency to another. You must spend the value of the currency in which it was purchased. You will have to buy another Microsoft gift card when you move to another country or region, because the balance you have in one
    currency will not work in another marketplace.
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Issue with spending funds.

Hello ARTURGRZEŚKOWIAK, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

When you redeem a gift card that is from a different region, you're going to see multiple currencies for your Microsoft balance.

In situations like that, I'm afraid to say that Microsoft support is not able to convert currency or change currency from one country to others.
Thema:

1. How do I change Microsoft gift card balance currency? - Similar Threads - change Microsoft gift

2. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  3. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  4. I can not sign in to Microsoft rewards on x box I have changed my location 10 times but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can not sign in to Microsoft rewards on x box I have changed my location 10 times but it...: I can not sign in to Microsoft rewards on x box I have changed my location 10 times but it is not working 85030dd0-5b81-40e2-8236-3f93c068f373
  5. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  6. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  7. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  8. how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft: Ze********* Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** """remove PII.""" """moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming """ f806951e-f754-42a4-892c-86db89f21b75
  9. Changing gamer tag using Xbox gift card or Microsoft points

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing gamer tag using Xbox gift card or Microsoft points: Recently I changed my gamer tag by mistake and waters my free chance, rn I figured that maybe a Xbox gift card could Help but I see no option 1d4eff62-2cd8-480f-a97b-5ebf16796699
  10. Can I get my microsoft gift voucher in Uk changed to australia as bought by accident

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get my microsoft gift voucher in Uk changed to australia as bought by accident: I accidentally bought a UK Microsoft gift voucher and needed it for someone in Australia which I have now found cant be done, can I get a refund to then purchase it in Australia Dollars?...