How do I cancel a xBox Gold Live 12 month membership that is due to be auto-renewed

Discus and support How do I cancel a xBox Gold Live 12 month membership that is due to be auto-renewed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to cancel the auto-renew for my Sons xBox Live gold 12 month subscription. I received an email reminding me that my Sons subscription is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrittleTuba849, Oct 1, 2017.

1. How do I cancel a xBox Gold Live 12 month membership that is due to be auto-renewed

I'm trying to cancel the auto-renew for my Sons xBox Live gold 12 month subscription.

I received an email reminding me that my Sons subscription is up for auto-renew on 1st November. There was a link in the email to cancel which I followed and it sent me to services and subscription section of the account. I can't see any way of cancelling
    it or checking if it has been cancelled.

:)

BrittleTuba849, Oct 1, 2017
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Turn off auto renewal or cancel Xbox LIVE membership

How to turn off auto renewal

It is recommended that you cancel your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership using the option of turning off automatic renewal. If auto renewal is "off", your membership will expire at the end of its current term.

Steps to follow:

1) If you are not already signed in, click Sign In at the upper right hand corner and sign in using your Microsoft account.

2) Proceed to My Account.

3) Click Change next to automatic renewal. Change the setting to OFF

You will be able to continue enjoying all the benefits of Xbox LIVE Gold Membership until your paid membership time expires.

Note:

If you want to cancel or disable your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership immediately, you should contact Xbox support. Use the Request a Call from Support option on the official Xbox Contact Us page. Your account cannot be canceled through chat or email.

If you disable your account immediately, you will lose the time remaining on your membership subscription.

If you are on a 2 Year Xbox LIVE Gold Contract, and you want to cancel before the end of the 2 years, you will be charged an Early Termination Fee and other applicable taxes. Once the two-year agreement period is over, your account will not be renewed automatically.

You can cancel the 2 Year Xbox LIVE Gold Contract using the option of self-cancel your subscription on Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Oct 1, 2017
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Overview of Xbox LIVE Renewal

When your current Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is about to run out, you will get a renewal message on your screen.

• Month-to-month membership- Notification comes 15 days in advance
    • 3 or 12 month membership- Notification comes 30 days in advance
    Xbox LIVE membership can be renewed using a credit card, a debit card, or a Prepaid Gold Membership Card.

If your automatic membership renewal (auto renewal) is set to off, you can purchase a new subscription or use a prepaid membership card to renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

Renew with a payment option by purchasing a new membership:

Steps to Follow

1) Use your Xbox LIVE gamertag to sign in.

2) Under Settings, select Account.

3) Proceed to Your Memberships, and select the membership that you currently have (for example Xbox LIVE Gold)

4) Select Modify Membership and you will be presented with a list of renewal options. If you are on an Xbox LIVE Free Membership, you can choose to upgrade to Gold Membership.

5) Select a membership option, then Confirm Purchase.

Once you have confirmed your purchase, the following will happen:

• The payment option you are using will be charged immediately.
    • The time subscription plan you have just purchased will be added to your remaining subscription time.
    • Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be activated and auto renewal turned on.
    Take note:

If you use a credit card as your payment option, you cannot remove it on file until your current membership expires.

There is a procedure you can follow to add or change your Xbox LIVE payment option.

Renew with a prepaid membership card

It is possible to renew your Xbox LIVE membership using a Prepaid Microsoft Gold Membership Card. This card is available at retail locations.

If you choose to redeem a prepaid Xbox LIVE membership code, you will be added time to your existing Xbox LIVE membership, while your renewal settings will remain unchanged.

How to turn on auto renewal (for existing membership):

If you are already on Xbox LIVE Gold of Family Pack membership and you want to turn on auto renewal without purchasing new membership, you should contact Xbox Support.

How to Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE renewal:

If there are issues with your Xbox LIVE account, you might receive the following messages. The solutions are provided below:

• Error: Your credit card has been declined several times by our billing service.
    This means that your credit card has expired, or the information on it has been changed. To solve this problem, there is a procedure you can follow to change payment option for Xbox LIVE membership.

• Error: 8015d080
    In case you receive this error message, you need to contact Xbox Support.

xboxfelix, Oct 1, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

How do I cancel a xBox Gold Live 12 month membership that is due to be auto-renewed

You can always contact support
    here
    & they should be able to cancel it for you.

Daft Badger, Oct 1, 2017
  5. M4RV 71 Win User

2 Months for £2

No your gold subscription will not get cancelled if you turn auto renewal off.

This support thread shows you how to turn auto renewal off

support.xbox.com/.../cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

This paragraph in that support thread also states that your gold membership will run until the end of the paid period if you turn auto renewal off:

Important: Important: If you turn off auto-renewal, your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will expire at the end of your paid membership time. Until then, you can continue to enjoy all the benefits of Xbox LIVE membership.
  6. iRubixCube Win User

xbox live gold family pack deal question

Hello there DreamScreams,

If you do go ahead with the purchase you will indeed have the gold membership for as long as it states but upon expiration it will auto-renew. If you wish it not to do this then please visit here for an easy guide on how to cancel it.

support.xbox.com/.../cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

As it states on the above link:

Important: If you turn off auto-renewal, your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will expire at the end of your paid membership time. Until then, you can continue to enjoy all the benefits of Xbox LIVE membership.

Hope this helps,

Rubix.
  7. Liquid5tranger Win User

Incorrect windows live ID, and forgotten password.

No, you cannot cancel auto-renewal over the internet. Please see the following link:

support.xbox.com/.../cancel-account

"To turn off auto-renewal or cancel your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership, please call Xbox Support."
  8. xbox360italy Win User

going to cancel my account , constantly disconnects!

9. ACamp1230 Win User

ending my xbox live gold?

Thema:

1. How do I cancel a xBox Gold Live 12 month membership that is due to be auto-renewed - Similar Threads - cancel Gold Live

2. My Xbox Live Gold subscription is scheduled to renew next month. If I were to cancel it,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox Live Gold subscription is scheduled to renew next month. If I were to cancel it,...: My Xbox Live Gold subscription is scheduled to renew next month. If I were to cancel it, what would I lose? 839ac38e-4c1e-414f-8e48-ba9022eb7eaa
  3. I want to cancel my Xbox live gold

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to cancel my Xbox live gold: Hi, I should cancel my Xbox live gold but I can not find it from my orders or services. I am signed in, but there is only my old Home and Student Office order. I am signed in with right email...
  4. Is there anyway to cancel an xbox live gold subscription to an account I can't access anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there anyway to cancel an xbox live gold subscription to an account I can't access anymore?: So it turns out my mum had been paying for both my old and new xbox live gold subscriptions without realising, and now i can't access my old account as we don't remember the email and password and...
  5. how to cancel gold live if xbox console doesnt work

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to cancel gold live if xbox console doesnt work: my xbox360 doesnt work how can i cancel xbox live 56da8782-5bb7-4b34-9bb8-413082682d44
  6. How do i cancel my gamepass subscription so i can get xbox live gold going again

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i cancel my gamepass subscription so i can get xbox live gold going again: How do i cancel my gamepass subscription so i can get my xbox live going 22feb0d5-ec35-46a7-97b3-1dd67d7c8c6c
  7. What will happen if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold subscription that I got from a prepaid card?

in XBoX on Windows
    What will happen if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold subscription that I got from a prepaid card?: Hi, I recently redeemed a Xbox Live Gold subscription prepaid card and was planning on upgrading it to Ultimate for 1$, or trying to convert it to 4 months of game pass which I had heard from...
  8. Can't cancel overdue Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't cancel overdue Xbox Live Gold: For the past four hours I have been trying to cancel the subscription after it's overdue and I wanted to get Gamepass Ultimate for the $1 month "Trial" if you want to call it that. I have been...
  9. Its impossible to "cancel" Live Gold??!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Its impossible to "cancel" Live Gold??!!: I made the mistake of signing up to a 14-day free trial of Live Gold with my credit card details. I thought I cancelled it before the trial was up and carried on my merry way. I've recently been...
  10. Why did you cancel my 12 month live gold?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did you cancel my 12 month live gold?: I recently bought the 1$ game pass, so before it charged my parents credit card i cancelled it on my computer and it for some reason, refunded me the 1$ and cancelled my 12 month Xbox live gold!!...