How do I buy a gamertag change using a gift card?

Discus and support How do I buy a gamertag change using a gift card? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi so, I was looking to change my gamertag now that I have the money and was looking forward to changing it using a gift card but it only shows the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alexandrr_, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Alexandrr_
    Alexandrr_ Guest

Hi so, I was looking to change my gamertag now that I have the money and was looking forward to changing it using a gift card but it only shows the options to use a credit card or add a PayPal credit card, something I don't have. I was wondering if there's still a way to change it using a gift card or if the "change your name once a year for free" is still up.

:)

Alexandrr_, Oct 8, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately only the payment options indicated can be used for the purchase.
  3. MrYoavon Win User

Gamertag change with account balance

Yes, exactly. Can I use the balance in my microsoft account to buy the change of the gamertag or do I have to use a debit or credit card? If the second option is the only one available, can I take the money out of the microsoft balance and back to a gift card? (because you can use a gift card as a payment method)
  4. StephanieMCarter Win User

Gifting Games/items

Are you referring to a gift card? If a currency card is different, how would I go about doing that? I cannot use the $40 gift card I redeemed to buy more gift cards.
  5. Alraisi06 Win User

Windows 10 store / Xbox account issue

Thank you for the response can i buy a US xbox live gift card 10$ and pay with that instead to change my gamertag ? Since i can change my Microsoft account region to US to get it to work maybe?
  6. Porschesgt10 Win User

Child’s account gift card

Hi and welcome.

I would do teo things if the gift card has not been used the you should use the gift card on your account and gift him what he wants.

If used the I would change it to an adult account then let him buy it then after that change it back to child account.

And always gift him from the adult account as that's what I do with my kids

Zed
Thema:

1. How do I buy a gamertag change using a gift card? - Similar Threads - buy gamertag change

2. Changing my gamertag on the same email makes me have to buy Minecraft again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing my gamertag on the same email makes me have to buy Minecraft again?: So I recently decided to change my Minecraft gamertag from VOIDBLACKK to VOIDChan#3514. (Im also not sure it added numbers unlike my original gamertag) When I was logged out of my account and...
  3. I wanted to buy the change gamertag fee but I can't because the billing address country is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I wanted to buy the change gamertag fee but I can't because the billing address country is...: Hello, I accidentally changed my gamertag and it has numbers, so I changed it again and there was a fee. I'm willing to pay the fee but when I put my billing address, I can't change the country...
  4. Failed to buy Dead or Alive 4 on A S-Ahead preview X1X and error said must log in with gamertag

in XboX Insiders
    Failed to buy Dead or Alive 4 on A S-Ahead preview X1X and error said must log in with gamertag: So last night I was on my Alpha Skip-Ahead X1X (before the 2202 preview release) and I was successful bought two games (Otogi and Otogi 2), then on the 3rd one, DOA4, I pressed Purchase and got...
  5. Where to buy gamertag change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy gamertag change?: I've had this issue for a while, since Xbox only provides 1 original name, then 1 F R E E name change. But what if one has done both and still wishes to change your name? In the app, it requests...
  6. How do I buy another CHANGE GAMERTAG???

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I buy another CHANGE GAMERTAG???: I can't find this answer plz help 37860bb5-9a47-4639-8428-253d6613c9f6
  7. Can you buy a xbox gift card to change my gamertag? for xbox window 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you buy a xbox gift card to change my gamertag? for xbox window 10: Like it said in the title can i buy a gift card for my self and change my gamertag is that possible? If yes what region i need to buy it,my microsoft account is uk so it is uk for xbox?...
  8. Can you buy a xbox gift card to change my gamertag? for xbox window 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you buy a xbox gift card to change my gamertag? for xbox window 10: Like it said in the title can i buy a gift card for my self and change my gamertag is that possible? If yes what region i need to buy it,my microsoft account is uk so it is uk for xbox?...
  9. i can't buy a new gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    i can't buy a new gamertag: hi there can someone tell me why i cant buy a new gamertag it is not that difficult well it is for me i been trying for like a week now. when i press confirm to buy my new gamertag it keep poping...
  10. Can't buy a Gamertag change...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't buy a Gamertag change...: Hi, I have been trying to change my Gamertag since yesterday , but everytime I try and buy it for R130 ($10) it keeps giving me an error. This error is plain and simple and basically doesn't...