How do I backup an Xbox 360 game save from USB stick to computer?

Discus and support How do I backup an Xbox 360 game save from USB stick to computer? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how I transfer (backup) my gamesave to a computer. I've tried to search online how to copy my save to a computer but so far... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fizzytime, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Fizzytime
    Fizzytime Guest

Can anyone tell me how I transfer (backup) my gamesave to a computer. I've tried to search online how to copy my save to a computer but so far unsuccessful. I have simply copied and pasted the contents of my flashdrive to a new folder on my desktop, but
    something tells me this is not going to work when I need to upload it back to the flashstick. I've also downloaded modio and tried through there as I've seen on youtube videos but the new version is different from the videos I've seen and can't for the life
    of me find what to click on. Thanks in advance.

Also, my email is [Mod Removed: Please don't insert personal details like email addresses publicly]

:)

Fizzytime, Nov 20, 2015
  2. TwoForce
    TwoForce Guest
    XBox One, how to save a file as a backup on and usb-drive

Hello, I have an XBox One. If I play NHL18 in season mode.

If I want to avoid injurys (and if I get an injury I can reload the file on the usb) on my own team and want a backup save file on a extern usb-drive. (I want the other teams to get injurys. I want to play the games with the same lines that LA Kings uses
    in their games)

How do I save a file on the usb-drive?

(It was easy on XBox 360)

And if I have the backup file and need to use it. How do I load it from the extern usb-drive?

Please help me!

Best regards Jan

TwoForce, Nov 20, 2015
  3. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    voteDC, Nov 20, 2015
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hi Fizzytime,

There is no legitimate way to back up your game saves on a PC. You can use a second flash drive that you plug into your console, formatting it for use on an Xbox 360, and copying the file onto there. You can also back up your save to the Xbox 360 Cloud.

Use of other software to transfer Xbox Live content to places where it was not intended, and then transferring it back, could be considered tampering with Xbox Live which would be against the Xbox Terms of Use and Code of Conduct which may result in Enforcement
    action, so I strongly advise you to not proceed with those avenues.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.

maxen, Nov 20, 2015
  5. Fizzytime
    Fizzytime Guest
    I have a game that I have literally invested thousands upon thousands of hours over that keeps getting corrupted (Dungeon Defenders). I'm not talking about transferring the whole game, just the save. It's criminal that I have to suffer after being a loyal
    customer for years.

Fizzytime, Nov 20, 2015
  6. Fizzytime,

What Maxen has said is nothing but true. Using any kind of third-party application is in violation of the Terms & Conditions. It's more of a safety issue than anything. Programs like Modio act like viruses. All it takes is one slip, and you could potentially
    be looking at a profile ban, or even worse, a console ban. It's really not worth the risk.

What I would recommend doing is using your HDD, a thumb drive, and/or your Cloud storage. It's what I've been doing for some time now. My original issue was with TES:V. Game data corrupting because of a faulty game.

Additionally, have you tried uninstalling the game, clearing your system cache, rebooting, then reinstalling it? I understand that it doesn't always word with every game out there, but there is still a chance that it will help solve your issue.

pinkMISTdemon, Nov 20, 2015
  7. maxen
    maxen Guest
    In that case you can back up the save to a secondary flashdrive or the Cloud through the console itself.

But taking files out of the Xbox Live network and then re-importing them into the network is generally regarded poorly and I don't want you falling foul of this when all you want to do is safeguard your progress, which is why I advised you against using
    external applications.

maxen, Nov 20, 2015
  8. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

You can copy the entire contents of the drive onto your PC. Like any other file or folder. When you want your saved games, just copy the files back. Though, that may overwrite some files on the USB stick. If you would like to copy files back, make sure that
    your Xbox 360 formatted the stick so as there are no file system discrepancies.

Irixion, Nov 1, 2018
  9. pinkMISTdemon Win User

Fizzytime,

What Maxen has said is nothing but true. Using any kind of third-party application is in violation of the Terms & Conditions. It's more of a safety issue than anything. Programs like Modio act like viruses. All it takes is one slip, and you could potentially
    be looking at a profile ban, or even worse, a console ban. It's really not worth the risk.

What I would recommend doing is using your HDD, a thumb drive, and/or your Cloud storage. It's what I've been doing for some time now. My original issue was with TES:V. Game data corrupting because of a faulty game.

Additionally, have you tried uninstalling the game, clearing your system cache, rebooting, then reinstalling it? I understand that it doesn't always word with every game out there, but there is still a chance that it will help solve your issue.
  10. maxen Win User

Hi Fizzytime,

There is no legitimate way to back up your game saves on a PC. You can use a second flash drive that you plug into your console, formatting it for use on an Xbox 360, and copying the file onto there. You can also back up your save to the Xbox 360 Cloud.

Use of other software to transfer Xbox Live content to places where it was not intended, and then transferring it back, could be considered tampering with Xbox Live which would be against the Xbox Terms of Use and Code of Conduct which may result in Enforcement
    action, so I strongly advise you to not proceed with those avenues.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.
  11. Fizzytime Win User

I have a game that I have literally invested thousands upon thousands of hours over that keeps getting corrupted (Dungeon Defenders). I'm not talking about transferring the whole game, just the save. It's criminal that I have to suffer after being a loyal
    customer for years.
  12. maxen Win User

In that case you can back up the save to a secondary flashdrive or the Cloud through the console itself.

But taking files out of the Xbox Live network and then re-importing them into the network is generally regarded poorly and I don't want you falling foul of this when all you want to do is safeguard your progress, which is why I advised you against using
    external applications.
  13. Irixion Win User

You can copy the entire contents of the drive onto your PC. Like any other file or folder. When you want your saved games, just copy the files back. Though, that may overwrite some files on the USB stick. If you would like to copy files back, make sure that
    your Xbox 360 formatted the stick so as there are no file system discrepancies.
Thema:

1. How do I backup an Xbox 360 game save from USB stick to computer? - Similar Threads - backup 360 game

2. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  3. Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?: Hello, so am running into an issue and I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix. So I bought a TV series on the Movies & TV app, and it works correctly while streaming it on either my PC or Xbox...
  4. can we recover world in minecraft without backup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can we recover world in minecraft without backup: can we recover world in minecraft without backup in mobile f42d0ccf-f680-4e77-b7cc-641cf2019a5b
  5. cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall: i cant copy it it says that i have to be an administrator ven though i am and when i checked and my user has full cntrol permission set on it and it says that i cant edit it because is corrupt or...
  6. Can I backup Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One console, and play them without the disc, like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I backup Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One console, and play them without the disc, like...: I would like to know if it is possible to backup Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One console, to then later port all data and games from the Xbox One console to the Xbox Series S, and be able to play...
  7. Respaldo de Progreso XBOX 360 -> ONE[XBOX 360 Progress Backup -> ONE]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Respaldo de Progreso XBOX 360 -> ONE[XBOX 360 Progress Backup -> ONE]: Buen día comunidad, tengo la siguiente situación: yo tenia una Xbox 360 en la cual, el progreso de mis juegos se guardaba en un disco duro externo. Tiempo después compre una Xbox ONE y pensé que...
  8. Backup system from xbox 360 to xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backup system from xbox 360 to xbox one: Hello, I changed console to switch from xbox 360 to xbox one. I had a backup of the games just cause 2 on my xbox 360, so I activate the cloud on my same xbox 360 account on xbox one but I still...
  9. FAUX BACKUP COMPATIBILITY - Does Microsoft have any plans to enhance playing Xbox 360 through ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FAUX BACKUP COMPATIBILITY - Does Microsoft have any plans to enhance playing Xbox 360 through ...: We have the ability to connect the 360 to the HDMI input on the Xbox One and see it under TV menu but the Xbox One controller doesn't work. A 360 controller still has to be used. It seems that...
  10. Backup Copies of XBox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Backup Copies of XBox 360 games: I am unaware of copyright rules for Xbox games. I am wondering if it is legal to make an iso copy of Xbox 360 games. If not what advice do you offer for this type of service. If it is illegal to...