How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not!

Discus and support How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm really upset about this one, I'm not particularly used to buying things online and just wanted to do something nice for my kids during this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SheridanHalls, Mar 26, 2020.

1. How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not!

I'm really upset about this one, I'm not particularly used to buying things online and just wanted to do something nice for my kids during this lockdown. So I purchased 3000 rocket league credits. There was an error code though so I had to try again, and
    it didn't seem like it had worked so I tried again, then a 4th time, and the error code came up again, and a 5th time.... so I thought I would leave the purchase screen and it turns out it had actually worked on 3 of those occasions!!! So now I've spent £60
    on 9000 credits (3*3000), at a time when honestly I think all of us are a bit worried about money.

I make sure that my kids don't spend it, they are careful and they only spend out of the initial 3000 that we bought so that there should be no issue with refunding the mistakenly bought 2. In fact they only spent 1200 credits, 1000 on rocket pass, and
    200 on a mohawk topper.

I speak to Live Support and they said that that should be fine, there should be no problems with the refund as I haven't used the product. They also said just to make sure that I didn't accidentally spend anything of the 6000 that was accidentally purchased!

So I send in the refund request, but just for the 2 purchases, and I am told the following "We can’t provide a refund to this request. Our refund policy does not allow
    refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed. Thanks for understanding."

Clearly this must be a mistake! But I don't see anywhere I can click to "appeal" or "reply". I tried to request a refund again but it isn't possible at it says it is denied.

Is there something I can do? I can't find anything, and really very upset about this. It felt like quite an expensive purchase already, but with the kids struggling with this whole lockdown I wanted to give them something nice at least, and now it has
    turned in to a bit of a nightmare.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

:)

SheridanHalls, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not!

You reply to the email that was sent to you, stating that you weren't getting a refund.

Also some digital in game currency are non refundable.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

To appeal to the decision, you reply to the email that you got, explaining what happened in detail, that way they may change their minds and give you the refund.
  4. BRANDON LEE2131 Win User

This is bs . I bought a digital game and it gave me the trial version. 4 yrs later after countless calls and requests. Nothing. Xbox refund request is a joke and its geared to frustrate you and to rip you off. I love xbox but now after ive figured out
    theyre thieves im not so sure so im filing a police report for theft over 50. Xbox steals its loyal customers money.
  5. Gerardo CG Win User

How do I appeal a refund denial

Hi there Finn, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

If your refund has been denied and you haven't received any email informing you of the refund rejection even after 24 hours, and after checking your spam/junk email folder, then I recommend reapplying for the refund but using this alternative link:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

If your refund is denied again this time, you should now receive an email informing you of the denial, as this is the only way they have to communicate this information when the refund is requested through that link. When you receive the email, please reply to to it explaining in detail the reasons why they should reconsider their decision and why you believe they should accept it. This is the only way to appeal the rejection and to get back in touch with the team that originally handled your refund request.

Please note that in this public community forum, we are just players like you trying to assist and guide other players. This means we don't have access to other accounts or access to refund information of other users.

Thank you for your understanding, and I wish you good luck.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  6. Francia J. Win User

How do I appeal a refund denial?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I apologize but just a friendly reminder that for refund concerns there is a dedicated team that handles them which is the refund team. There is no direct contact with them, only by submitting a refund request and by replying to their email (refund request confirmation and refund decision). To help you, I would recommend replying to their email.

Yes, the screenshot that you sent is where you can respond.
Thema:

1. How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not! - Similar Threads - appeal incorrect refund

2. No appeal button, XBOX ban.. how does this make sense?

in XBoX on Windows
    No appeal button, XBOX ban.. how does this make sense?: please help someone, there is no appeal button, no option anywhere. no contact email or phone number. I have been suspended for 48 hours for posting this in LFG "FLASH SALE, Maps 25©aps each,...
  3. How do I get a case review and appeal a suspension for doing nothing wrong?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a case review and appeal a suspension for doing nothing wrong?: I posted a group post for the game warframe stating "Wts wisp prime for 120" and others was doing the same yet i was reported for it and suspended. I'm not even sure why i was reported or anything...
  4. Console blocking xbox appeal 0x80a40020

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console blocking xbox appeal 0x80a40020: ERROR 0x80a40020 Why is the Xbox console banned? There are rules that contradict themselves. What does it mean not to buy in other regions? where can I buy if my region is not available on Xbox?...
  5. How to appeal my console is banned for no reason?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to appeal my console is banned for no reason?: How to appeal my console is banned for no reason, i don't know what I've done why my console is banned? I checked my account there's no active suspensions. 029d44c6-f23e-4ba7-a15d-c03a66f29f17
  6. I appealed my communications suspension but I'm still suspended

in XBoX on Windows
    I appealed my communications suspension but I'm still suspended: I appealed my communications suspension but 3 days after it got approved it still says my communications are suspended a67c11c6-37c9-47e8-9237-52bc673b18b9
  7. Why can I not appeal on a false report?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not appeal on a false report?: So my Xbox account was suspended for violating community standards however I have reviewed the community standards and have in fact not violated the standards at all but, Microsoft does not give...
  8. How can I appeal a wrongful suspension?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I appeal a wrongful suspension?: This was obviously reported by a troll. C= caps scrip= in game item. This was for fallout 76 where I sell weapons and armor in my vendor for caps that people use for selling to the legendary...
  9. How to get unbanned while being ineligible for an appeal?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to get unbanned while being ineligible for an appeal?: I’m really annoyed at the fact that I was banned for a post in which it literally said “subaru wrx 2,000,000 bid” ON FORZA 4 in which I was selling the car for a 2 million bid it’s ridiculous I...
  10. You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....: I have proof in screenshots. But you refuse to be contacted. Unban me and make this up to me now please. 33b8b51c-a2ad-45da-84ce-3ec8b8555ed7