How do I allow teredo tunnelling?

Discus and support How do I allow teredo tunnelling? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For context my Series X has been unable to get a Teredo IP address for a few months now and has prevented me from joining parties and playing a wide... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by benrobertson4, May 7, 2024.

1. How do I allow teredo tunnelling?

For context my Series X has been unable to get a Teredo IP address for a few months now and has prevented me from joining parties and playing a wide range of games in my library. I have tried all the conventional workarounds such as resetting router, going offline and online in settings etc and this will on some occasions allow me to play certain games for a few hours but is not a proper fix.

I have went through all the usual troubleshooting to no avail, however i am stuck on the last option for troubleshooting which involves allowing teredo tunnelling. I understand that I need to check if UDP port 3544 isn’t blocked on my router, which I assume allows teredo tunnelling. I have a decent understanding of how ports work and that the Xbox network requires certain ports to be open on my router of course, I just have no clue how to physically check these ports or access the routers settings so I can open them respectively and allow teredo tunnelling which should then allow party chat and matchmaking on my affected games.

Any guidance on this issue would be much appreciated

(Should also add that my ISP and router are Sky)

:)

benrobertson4, May 7, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Benrobertson4. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

These ports must be open to connect to the Xbox network:

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    Port 3544 (UDP)
    Port 4500 (UDP)

To port forward you'll also need your Xbox's IP address, here's how to find that:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    Select Advanced settings. Your console's IP address will be listed on the screen.

Please make sure these ports are open in your router settings. For help with accessing your router settings, you'll need to contact Sky.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. RheHopkins Win User

NAT IS STRICT TRIED EVERYTHING 'Can't get teredo ip'

Check IPv6 settings on your router

You will need to check your router’s confutation UI for an IPv6 settings page, and then look for the following options:

Allow Teredo tunnelling

Allow IPv6 tunnelling
  4. Kirill Krasin Win User

NAT type on Windows 10 displays "Teredo is unable to qualify, and server is blocked when trying to establish Xbox networking with windows 10

5. Mister Beep Win User

Open NAT Type but network is behind firewall

Hey there Crazy LlamaX!

Sorry to hear about the the connection issues! Let's start by enabling Teredo tunneling on your Apple Airport Extreme. To do so, follow the steps listed on our

Apple Airport Extreme Known Issues post!

Follow the steps in that link to allow Teredo tunneling and post back to let us know if that helps! :)
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Can't find a Teredo IP addres

Check your modem/router/gateway's IPV6 settings, and enable a setting that allows "Teredo tunneling".

Consult your network hardware documentation on how to access those settings.
Thema:

1. How do I allow teredo tunnelling? - Similar Threads - allow teredo tunnelling

2. I have an Xbox gift card that I want to Redeem but is not allowing me to!

in XBoX on Windows
    I have an Xbox gift card that I want to Redeem but is not allowing me to!: Please I have Six Xbox gift card that I want to redeem nor of it is working I can redeem it 405fac39-00c1-4c99-ae57-2b7056512746
  3. My xbox is my opinion doesn't allow me to do anything but play games and make partys.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is my opinion doesn't allow me to do anything but play games and make partys.: My xbox has been having these problems for many years such as it saying I have 0 friends in my friends lists even though It shows them in xbox app, another problem is that I don't get any...
  4. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  5. Xbox disconnects from Wi-Fi after shutdown, and won’t allow to connect to Wi-Fi when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disconnects from Wi-Fi after shutdown, and won’t allow to connect to Wi-Fi when...: This has been ongoing for about a month. Every time I shut my Xbox Series X down, the next time I turn it on it has disconnected from Wi-Fi and when I go to the Network settings it shows no...
  6. Hellblade II does not allow you to start a stream on Twitch.

in XboX Insiders
    Hellblade II does not allow you to start a stream on Twitch.: When trying to start a broadcast I get an error that tells me: "This game does not allow live streaming". The error is reported and occurs in Series S. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox not allowing me to appear online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox not allowing me to appear online: Xbox appears offline regardless of how many times I try to change it to online. I've reset the console, I've held the power button down for 10 seconds, unplugged for 10 seconds and plugged back...
  8. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  9. Why does roblox not allow the user to log back into the same account after Disconnecting by...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does roblox not allow the user to log back into the same account after Disconnecting by...: I know the roblox 90- day cooldown is a thing but i Accidentally signed out. Of my account on roblox and then tried to log in the same account and i does not work (P.S if its Suppose to stop...
  10. Why am I not allowed to join my friend’s Minecraft world when I play on switch?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I not allowed to join my friend’s Minecraft world when I play on switch?: I play on a Switch, I bought Minecraft on my switch and Have a Microsoft account. I already tried to reset my switch and redo the wifi router. I don’t understand, I play Minecraft on a switch and...