how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

Discus and support how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mireya Thompson, Mar 26, 2024.

1. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the volume will not adjust . on the menu it says headset volume is all the way down even when the dial on the headset has it up to max volume. i dont know if this is a problem with my headset or a problem with settings. how do i fix the audio and music menu so i can adjust the headset volume from there?

:)

Mireya Thompson, Mar 26, 2024
  2. Haneen Nakkour Win User

Hello Mireya, I am so sorry for the inconvenience. Here are a few steps you can take to help fix this issue.

1. Restart your headset

-Use green power button on the back of the headset’s left earcup in order to turn off the headset. I would then wait 10 seconds and use the power button to restart the headset.
    2. Update your headset

- you can access the Accessories app in the Settings menu: Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
    3. Preform a hard reset

-Plug the USB-C cable into the headset and position yourself next to your console, Windows 10/11 device, or a power outlet with a USB connection (do not plug the other end of the USB-C cable into the console, PC, or outlet yet).

-Hold down the headset’s power button and the mute buttonsimultaneously (both buttons are located on the left earcup), and then quickly plug the USB-C cable into your console, PC, or outlet.

-If the hard reset is successful, the headset should power off.

-Turn the headset back on. (If you continue to hold down the power button throughout the hard reset process, the headset will power off and then power back on.)
    For further information visit this link here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/troubleshoot-xbox-wireless-headset

Reference: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/troubleshoot-xbox-wireless-headset

Let me know if this helps!
  3. Smuroh Win User

Drop down audio adjustment menu not showing up with wireless headset connected

Hi Rizzer1403,

So with the Stealth 600 everything is done on the headset with the dials and you don't need to adjust the volumes in the menu, I have the 600 and the 700 and both work the same way and the menu is always greyed out on the dash and its adjusted on the headset
    itself.

I am not at my xbox currently but you could try go into the settings and then audio and see if things can be done there, but i have always done it on the headset myself.
  4. VintageEmu2 Win User

Xbox one controller lost sound.

I had already tried all of those. I've been into the settings and tried to adjust the volume but the volume tab is greyed out and won't let me adjust it.
  5. JozsefTalos Win User

Stopped Auto assigning

Sorry but my headset is not the official Xbox one and I have tried these options but none have worked, another thing is the headset has a game chat/party chat slider that controls the volume between them, and usually if I try to adjust this setting manually on my xbox it is greyed out (which is normal and I can just use the headset) but it's not greyed out anymore and I can move the sliders though it doesn't change anything.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Headphones not playing sound

Hello InsOmnia07, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your headset.

Which brand headset is it please? Does it have a separate volume/mixer? If so then you would need to adjust the mixer and volume until you hear the game.

If the headset does not have it's own volume/mixer then tap the Guide button on the controller to bring up the side menu and scroll down to the volume icon and adjust your settings there.

If there is still no sound then it may be the 3.5 mm jack on the controller that is the problem
Thema:

1. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out? - Similar Threads - adjust wireless headset

2. how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?: Hello, I've been playing Sea of Thieves on the xbox console for a long time, but I always didn't like the sensitivity of the gamepad while playing. when you have pvp with a person playing on a PC,...
  3. Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment: Hi team, One of my controllers is overly sensitive and I'm not able to find the 'ease of access' section in my settings (Xbox Series S). I've installed all the latest updates on the console and...
  4. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  5. Headset volume requires more adjustability

in XboX Insiders
    Headset volume requires more adjustability: Anyway to reduce the volume jumps when you adjust the headset volume on the menu? I always feel I’m in between two volume levels. A few extra jumps added would help fine tune things. submitted by...
  6. How to adjust sensitivity for my controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to adjust sensitivity for my controller?: I have struggled with this for over a year now. I play Minecraft on my PC using a controller. The sensitivity is off the charts. The smallest tap to the joystick will send the camera spinning....
  7. Why can't I adjust Audio & music?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I adjust Audio & music?: I plugged in my Groove Onn wired headphones into my PDP wired controller using the 3.5mm audio jack. however, as i stated, it wont let me adjust the audio & music icon. instead it says this: "use...
  8. How to Adjust, Calibrate or Tune the Joysticks on Xbox One Wireless Controllers for Windows?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to Adjust, Calibrate or Tune the Joysticks on Xbox One Wireless Controllers for Windows?: Regarding this model: https://i.imgur.com/RRdycYh.png I have seen a few forums with similar questions and no response that works for me. So I will take some time to clearly describe what I want...
  9. Adjust volume steps on Microsoft Xbox wireless headset?

in XboX Insiders
    Adjust volume steps on Microsoft Xbox wireless headset?: The new wireless headset from Microsoft is great. The only problem is the lack of volume steps. It feels like it increments/decrements the volume level +3/-3 every time you raise/lower the volume....
  10. Can't adjust Master Volume with media hotkeys for wireless headsets connected thru Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't adjust Master Volume with media hotkeys for wireless headsets connected thru Xbox...: Hello! I recently acquired a SteelSeries Arctis 9x headset, and am using it through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. After a fair bit of digging and research I have determined that there is...