How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

Discus and support How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Yes ., Apr 14, 2024.

1. Yes .
    Yes . Guest

Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his own voice but everything else sounds perfectly fine, while when I record my own clips my voice sounds extremely loud while everything else sounds fine. This is only reflected in the clips, in the actual game our mics don't have any volume issues. How do we fix this??

:)

Yes ., Apr 14, 2024
  2. AlessiaPace Win User

Microphone very quiet

You should check the levels of your microphone from the console.

1. With your headset attached, press the glowing “Xbox” button
    2. Navigate to the “System” tab
    3. Select “Audio”
    4. Adjust the “Mic monitoring” option
    5. Slide the bar left to decrease the microphone volume level
    6. Slide the bar right to increase the microphone volume level
    Hope this helps! :)
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One S настройка микрофона.[Translation-Xbox one S Set up the microphone.]

Hi C0uch,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you are wanting to know what the three bars are for under audio.

1. Headset volume- is the volume as to which you hear the game or chat.
    2. Headset chat mixer- This bar lets you hear more of the game (which move to the controller). Or to the right to hear more of chat either in game chat or party chat.
    3. Mic monitoring- This is mic sensitivity. The farther you set it to the right, the more the mic will pick up. This is usually adjusted lower if there is a lot of background noise.
    Hope this helps.

Brad
  4. TheBlackxRanger Win User

Game audio through headset without adapter

When headphones are plugged into the controller, there should be an option to adjust the "headset volume" (which is the game volume through your headphones).

When headphones are plugged into the controller...

• Double-tap the Xbox Guide button.
    • Go down to the "Settings" icon (picture of a cogwheel).
    • You should see a bunch of volume slider settings underneath the "All Settings" option.
      • Headset mic (on/off switch)
      • Headset Volume (slider)
      • Headset Chat Mixer (slider)
      • Mic Monitoring (slider)
    • Adjust "Headset Volume" to the desired volume level.
    If you don't see all those volume options, your Xbox might need a simple
    power cycle
    . Then you can try the steps above again.

The game audio through the controller works just fine with my pair of Bose QuietComfort 25 (QC25) headphones.

Hopefully this helps!
    I see the sliders but after i adjust them the settings dont save! How to i make the xbox save my adjusted volume settings?
  5. AndrewW99 Win User

Game bar parry audio issue

I own a hyper X revolver headset. I've tried just about everything I could in the game bar options in windows messing with just about every audio option in windows settings and game bar settings. It doesn't even say my mic is active but they say they can hear my spotify and game audio about like it's being played through the mic but the mic doesn't say it's picking anything up. I'm pretty sure adjusting my volume lower helps but I have it to the point where my headset is almost off on my splitter and they say they can still hear it.
  6. DreamAngelCore Win User

Recording Gameplay, Including game voice chat

Do you have your Broadcast and Capture preferences set to mic on (under Settings>Preferences>Broadcast &Capture)? Also if it is on, check your volumes directly under Mic On check box.
Thema:

1. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar? - Similar Threads - adjust mic volume

2. how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?: Hello, I've been playing Sea of Thieves on the xbox console for a long time, but I always didn't like the sensitivity of the gamepad while playing. when you have pvp with a person playing on a PC,...
  3. Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment: Hi team, One of my controllers is overly sensitive and I'm not able to find the 'ease of access' section in my settings (Xbox Series S). I've installed all the latest updates on the console and...
  4. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...
  5. Unable to adjust chat mixer to hear audio/game sound on mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to adjust chat mixer to hear audio/game sound on mic: Recently, out of nowhere my microphone decided it was done picking up game sound. I can still chat and hear friends. Naturally i figured it was because my mic was broken..nope. Then, I figured it...
  6. How to adjust mic sensitivity on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to adjust mic sensitivity on Xbox Series: Recently I bought JBL Quantum 400 gaming headset and it has very sensitive mic. While my friends hear me perfectly fine they also hear them self through my mic. It is possible to lower down mic...
  7. How to adjust mic sensivety on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to adjust mic sensivety on Xbox One: Recently I bought JBL Quantum 400 headset and it has very sensitive mic. While my friends hear me perfectly fine they also hear them self through my mic. It is possible to lower down mic...
  8. Adjust volume of headphones that has no mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adjust volume of headphones that has no mic: If I plug in a headphone that contains a microphone into the controller then you will see the Settings Audio option, and from here you can adjust the volume level. But if you plug in a headphone...
  9. Is there any way to adjust the mic sensitivity?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way to adjust the mic sensitivity?: The mic is picking up a load of background noise from a good distance away, is there any way to adjust this? 61a9e0a8-52cd-4bcb-8a54-3e5ae21c19b8
  10. Mic too sensitive, how do I adjust it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic too sensitive, how do I adjust it?: Whenever I am ingame or in a party it always indicates that I am speaking unless I mute the mic, I don't want to be annoying with mic spam so how do I fix this? df06ba05-c3df-4a7f-8322-72e0d67a21ee