How do I add a suffix number to my gamertag?

Discus and support How do I add a suffix number to my gamertag? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I can’t seem to view the my suffix numbers on the app or the web app so it is either that I can’t view or I don’t have any... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Muhammad Jameel, Aug 9, 2023.

1. How do I add a suffix number to my gamertag?

I can’t seem to view the my suffix numbers on the app or the web app so it is either that I can’t view or I don’t have any

:)

Muhammad Jameel, Aug 9, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

The suffix is automatically given if you change your gamertag to one that someone else already has or if you use special characters.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Can I change my tag number?

What do you mean? Are you talking about the number suffix at the end of a gamertag?
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

New gamertag system

Hi FOGEY! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you already had a Gamertag that had the 4 digit suffix, you already know how it will look as that won't change after you change the Gamertag.

In the games that doesn't support the new gamertag system will appear as it's mentioned on the "How will your gamertag look" screen, with the 4 numbers after the gamertag

In the compatible experiences will only appear the gamertag without the suffix at all
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Change gamer tag

Hey there Clipx1802,

There was recently an update that allowed for a free gamertag change the only thing is that if the gamertag is already taken then it will add a suffix (the numbers). Your friends and followers should still see just the gamertag name without the suffix, it
    will only show up when playing online.

You can read more on the update by clicking on the support link below.

I hope this helps.
  6. RainingRoses Win User

Change gamertag suffix

Hi,

Both the answers above are correct, just want to add further info here.

As already pointed out, this unfortunately isn’t possible. If you’d like to include certain numbers in your gamertag, then you would need to add these as normal if it’s available. So like your display name here (ruma4395 and not ruma#4395).

The length of the suffix can also vary. It all depends on the length of the gamertag and how many players have the one that you’re trying to change to. It’s not necessarily always 4 numbers.

When changing your gamertag, you’ll be able to preview what it would appear as before any changes are saved and reflected across your profile.

I’ve just checked and can see ruma4395 (with no suffix) is currently available if you’d like it. If it was already taken though, then you could still add the numbers but a random suffix would be added to the end and adding a # symbol (or any symbol, actually) yourself isn’t allowed.

To change your gamertag, refer to this guide:

How to change your Xbox gamertag | Xbox Support

Keep in mind that the system doesn’t identify spaces and capitalisation as unique. So as far as Microsoft is concerned, your gamertag is the same weather there’s any capitals and/or spaces and you can’t adjust these small changes after (without removing or adding a number, or something).

Also, there are some games and the Xbox 360, for example, that don’t support the newer gamertag format and any suffix won’t appear.

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. How do I add a suffix number to my gamertag? - Similar Threads - add suffix number

2. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  3. Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?: I'm receiving this same error code as well and it's for new friends not old ones. They are able to add me but I can't add them back. I have already reset my modem and Xbox to make sure it wasn't a...
  4. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  5. hello my friends, look at my games and add me if you want

in XboX Insiders
    hello my friends, look at my games and add me if you want: Chcete byť priateľmi s používateľom Stephan#2447 v Xboxe? Kliknite na prepojenie. https://www.xbox.com/play/share/friend/25MnYsitWA submitted by /u/Stephan-14 [link] [comments]
  6. How do I add a friend on Xbox when I’m on nintento switch

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I add a friend on Xbox when I’m on nintento switch: How do I become friends online with a Xbox player if I’m on Nintendo switch? f1253c34-1267-4ed1-b5d3-6ebe6c62f346
  7. How do I get a refund if I brought a add on by mistake

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a refund if I brought a add on by mistake: REFUND Add one autobahn police sim 3 off road I payed £10.74 for it and I would like a refund please 21731e6c-e26a-4ade-babc-21f78a422156
  8. Can you add the YouTube Music App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you add the YouTube Music App: Hi, my question is can you put the YouTube music app just like Spotify. de8f61f9-8582-4112-b9cc-020bc3022846
  9. How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?: How do I add a shortcut to the Microsoft Rewards screen/hub on the Xbox? I find the current process to go to the new Rewards hub in the profile too cumbersome resulting in too many button...
  10. Please remove the suffix or add the 15 characters back with suffix.... it makes no sense

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please remove the suffix or add the 15 characters back with suffix.... it makes no sense: Hello, As a long time supporter of Microsoft and active player on Xbox live since 2003. I have been very disappointed in the last couple of years as the Xbox experience I used to know and love...