How did you think of your gamertag?

Discus and support How did you think of your gamertag? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all I was just wondering how you got your gamertag? Was it a random occurance? a xbox suggestion, or did you think of it yourself? Have you ever... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hoveringpie, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Hoveringpie
    Hoveringpie Guest

Hi all

I was just wondering how you got your gamertag? Was it a random occurance? a xbox suggestion, or did you think of it yourself?

Have you ever changed your gamertag or do you have the origional?

How long have you had it?

I got mine when i was trying to make a account for MSN, I put in jimmy927 and for some reason it suggested , Ever since then i have used it for mostly everything. I have never changed it in the 8 years i have had a xbox live account. So if you
    remember my name on halo 2 it is still me!

:)

Hoveringpie, Apr 26, 2014
  2. How did you think of your gamer tag?

Well, I'm not that fast and Captain Slow was taken soo...

Lieutenant Slow, Apr 26, 2014
  3. Lavindathar
    Lavindathar Guest
    How did you think of your gamer tag?

I made mine up 11 years ago, well before Xbox Live. Sad thing is, I remember exactly where I was when I made it up. In an upstairs classroom after school in the library whilst studying for exams. I had just started playing
    Baldurs Gate (the original), and decided to join a forum. It needed a login name - and I needed something that sounded good in an D&D universe.

No idea where it came from, or how, but I made it up on the spot then and there. Stuck with me ever since.

Lavindathar, Apr 26, 2014
  4. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest

I'm a Conker fan, the z are the bad guys and I like them a lot, it's a very funny game, I removed the z from the z to create an ;-)

eviltedi, Apr 26, 2014
  5. I take no credit for min. I was originally Badger1126 but I grew bored of it and wanted something a little more original. I sent a message out asking for suggestions and this was what I got back. It made me chuckle and I changed it about 10 minutes later,
    had it about 4/5 years now.

Dynamic Sausage, Apr 26, 2014
  6. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    I have had mine for over 9 years.

eviltedi, Apr 26, 2014
  7. Mine is partially from Psycho Mantis from the original MGS

BizarroMantis, Apr 27, 2014
  8. How did you think of your gamertag?

I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy 7. The 900 bit was added because someone already took the tag without the numbers lol. Cloud Strife is a character from the game How did you think of your gamertag? :)

Mark Sherwood, Apr 27, 2014
  9. Well, in high school when we were all learning about the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People) and this person would go around calling people racist as some joke apparently. Well, one day he told me that I was racist and I said
    "No. I'm !" Trying my best to be funny which probably would have failed in most groups, but a bit of people thought it was cute and they would always say that I was which is why I chose this gamer tag. ^.^

NAACP Approved, Apr 27, 2014
  10. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    I'm a huge comics fan and, sadly some might say, really enjoyed the Marvel vs DC mini-series.

For a long time I had the 'Vote Marvel' and Vote DC' badges stuck to my computer monitor.

Now I am
    votemarvel
    and

voteDC, Apr 27, 2014
  11. It may not seem like it, but I actually pondered for about a month before I finally came up with mine and you probably think that it's not that original, but my thought process was!

I was and still am a big fan of the Assassins Creed franchise, but at the time there was only the first one and I thought to myself that although Desmond has the ancestry of an assassin he hadn't actually killed anyone outside of the Animus which is like
    virtual reality or a digital simulation and voila there is my gamertag.

I've had it for about 6 or 7 years and can't really see myself ever changing it, especially as original gamertags would be hard to come by these days.

DigitalAssassin, Apr 27, 2014
  12. Awesome idea there Digital. I always figured it was something to do with AC but couldn't quite understand the digital part lol. Pretty cool!

vote, I like Marvel over DC myself. I think because I like their characters better and more so their movie adaptions. I take it with you having one of each, that you are stuck for choice at which you prefer more?

NAACP, Cant say I have heard of that but with that aside, it's always best to make light on a bad situation so props to you there dude.

Mark Sherwood, Apr 27, 2014
  13. How did you think of your gamertag?

Mainy(nickname) no more(faith no more, fav band,) nothing to do with when I die on bf3 so "mainynomore is no more" as this happens alot lol.....

ScaryCartoons, Apr 28, 2014
  14. skys7
    skys7 Guest
    I wanted a tag for Halos anniversary.

skys7, Apr 28, 2014
  15. skys7
    skys7 Guest
    @ Digital Assassin since your that big fan of the game do you know that glitch that works in AC, AC2. AC Brotherhood and Revolutions?

I did not bother to try it in the other ones but you can make the game glitch out and you can fly above the map and see all the game out of the developer view its funny.

I stopped to try it with Assassins creed III cause I was too busy making the wagon disappear in the street while the horses on it still try to pull the wagon lol

Yes it works with every Xbox by normal gameplay you only need to know when to push the buttons How did you think of your gamertag? :D

skys7, Apr 28, 2014
Thema:

1. How did you think of your gamertag? - Similar Threads - did gamertag

2. I reset my xbox and when I went to log back in it did not keep my gamertag nor my games and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I reset my xbox and when I went to log back in it did not keep my gamertag nor my games and...: I reset my xbox and when I went to log back in it did not keep my gamertag nor my games and now it made me create a new gamer tag and start over. I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  3. Did I just lose my 4 letter gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Did I just lose my 4 letter gamertag?: I have multiple Xbox accounts and was wanting to swap gamertags on my main account, I changed the tag on my alt account expecting it to be available on my main account to pick up. But apparently...
  4. I Purchased a Gamertag change and it did not change my tag to what I wanted, it remained...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Purchased a Gamertag change and it did not change my tag to what I wanted, it remained...: I simply purchased a service that was not provided correctly and would like my $13 back or for my name to change correctly to what I wanted. cbaa5c95-65fe-499c-a2ba-403eef43055f
  5. why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?: as you can see there are two different order numbers for two different payments and the same charge for the same thing two different times a24b19b2-01ca-4c53-942d-a1dba0cfa474
  6. Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...: Hello, I am currently at a loss for words. I recently changed one of my unique gamertags in order to make it available to swap to a different account that I actually use. I have since spent the...
  7. I logged out of Minecraft on PS5 as I wanted to change my gamertag. I did this, then tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I logged out of Minecraft on PS5 as I wanted to change my gamertag. I did this, then tried...: I logged out of Minecraft on PS5 as I wanted to change my gamertag. I did this, then tried to log back on. It won't let me do this, despite only my Gamertag changing. It continually says that my...
  8. Bought a gamertag and the purchase went through but the name did not.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought a gamertag and the purchase went through but the name did not.: I bought a gamertag change on xbox and it did not go through. I checked me billing history and it says completed, does anyone know why this happens? Im out 10$ and with no name change...
  9. Why did it have me make a new gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did it have me make a new gamertag?: I was trying to sign in to my Microsoft account on my Switch so I could see my achievements. I scanned the QR code then it made me make a new gamertag so all my achievements were gone I tried to...
  10. Why did you charge me 3 times for ONE gamertag change? On top of that, you are not even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did you charge me 3 times for ONE gamertag change? On top of that, you are not even...: What the H... For real people? Contact me please. b8aa8f93-379d-4c06-a39c-785376052dfc