How did you guys screw this console up so badly?

Discus and support How did you guys screw this console up so badly? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The xbox one is the worst console I have ever owned. It is a $500 paperweight that is absolutely atrocious. Every person involved with the design of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TT RX7, Apr 4, 2014.

1. TT RX7
    TT RX7 Guest

The xbox one is the worst console I have ever owned. It is a $500 paperweight that is absolutely atrocious. Every person involved with the design of this machine should be fired immediately. Its embarrassing.

Hardware:

TERRIBLE! After the success of the 360 how did you come up with with this abomination? Despite being ugly, it is not functional at all. Why would you put a single USB on the side of the machine. The purpose of the USB is primarily to charge the controllers.
    So, you put it on the side? Which makes it difficult to plug it in + shortens the length of the already shorter charger cord. The headset is awful, even worse than the one from the 360 (which is amazing). The ear piece is convex, and not ergonomically at all,
    constantly slides off of a user's ear. Did you even test this before you produced it? The kinect is a joke and the voice recognition is WORTHLESS.

Interface and software:

The xbox one interface is a bloody abortion. I used to think that the PS3 had the worst and most unusable interface in the world, but you guys managed to one-up it with this. It is just terrible/awful/dumb. The simplest tasks are now nearly impossible. I
    frequently have to use google just to execute basic features.

Your friend just sent you an invite! QUICK HOLD THE GUIDE BUTTON! But, don't just click it because you'll go to the home screen and don't hold it too long or your controller turns off! Hold it for just the right amount of time to accept their invite.

I can't say enough terrible things about the kinect voice commands. They are a stupid novelty that provide no value at all. "xbox redeem code" nope, doesn't work. Better google how to redeem a code because the interface is god awful.

Want to stream videos from your network drive? A feature that worked great on the 360, doesn't work at all on the xbox one. Sorry, this piece of junk just doesn't do it.

Party chat with your friends? Sorry, rarely works - this is a garbage console.

In complete seriousness, you guys did an awful job. This is a crappy and nearly unusable console. After nailing so many things with the 360 I would have expected it to be better. I would throw it off a cliff if it weren't for Halo. Count your luck stars
    that someone had the foresight to buy an outside company to do something worthwhile for the Xbox. Its too bad that Bungie is gone and 343 with fat, bald, Frankie are slowly destroying the franchise by making it an uncompetitive COD clone.

Peace.

:)

TT RX7, Apr 4, 2014
  2. Elliott 0
    Elliott 0 Guest
    How did they screw this up this bad?

Why are the new friend features such a step back!?!? Can't invite friends to games from their profile, can't appear busy or away, no bio, name, or any kind of info and no virtual avatar, can't see when they get online or get on the same game as you.

WTH HAPPENED? WHY DID MS TAKE SUCH A HUGE STEP BACKWARDS WITH XB1 FRIENDS?

Elliott 0, Apr 4, 2014
  3. JustMeBeingD
    JustMeBeingD Guest
    How did they screw this up this bad?

They will fix and update soon but yes this is a pain and I hate it

JustMeBeingD, Apr 4, 2014
  4. DemonicWinna
    DemonicWinna Guest

M$ probably just wants to remake the console with the added features and make everyone pay the same amount again.

DemonicWinna, Apr 4, 2014
  5. Complain much? The Xbox 360 was never perfect in the beginning, but look where its at today, with 10 years to get it right. The Xbox One is in the same state, its NEW. I bet in a few hears that One will be better. That's the risk you take when buying a first
    gen anything, there's always bugs and things to be worked out, its common sense when buying something new, especially if you do your homework, you'll see the 360 launch was awful and they had recalls of the thing. Just wait and see, I know the One will be
    great, but it is not going to happen over night.

XxAphr0DIt3xX, Apr 4, 2014
  6. When you pay £400+ on something you expect it to be in at least worth it now not in a few years time if it's going to take a few years to fix it to where the customers will be happy then don't release it until it's properly ready honestly Microsoft you ***
    up BIG. Honestly I can't wait to get rid of my xbox one and I got it yesterday now that's saying something

TriGgA AnDrEw, Apr 4, 2014
  7. Honestly patience is required there are better features coming down the line and you dont want to miss out. PS4 isnt perfect either, we knew what this entailed so enjoy the ride How did you guys screw this console up so badly? :)

SilentGamer895, Apr 4, 2014
  8. How did you guys screw this console up so badly?

All issues addressed by the OP are valid concerns that should not be ignored. I too am an xbox veteran.

On the original xbox I could hear up to 16 players in a Halo match. On the Xbox One I'm lucky to hear more than one. Party chat is atrocious and seldom works. Do yourself a favor and just drop it all together. In-game chat is all we need. That way I can
    talk smack to the opposing team and anyone who doesn't perform up to my standards. I'm often welcomed by "we can't turn on party chat now, please try again later". This wouldn't be an issue to me, if I could actually consistently hear my team in-game. But
    even with the killer must have app (Titanfall) this is absent.

Combine that with the fact that the UI is horrific, and you have a system set up for failure. The dashboard looks like somebody took a dumb on a tiled floor, and then smeared it around in a random order to make it as overwhelming and confusing as possible.

Ease and simplicity are the key, and the Xbox One is neither. The dashboard is slow and sluggish. Want to get to your friends? Be prepared to wait over a minute while several menus load. Gone are the days of simply pressing that X button on your controller
    to pull it up with ease. Want to access your messages? Good news! There is an app made exclusively for that. Be prepared to see an envelope with a black background appear on your screen for 5 to 10 seconds, only to reveal text only messages. But wait, it gets
    even better. Simply highlighting the message isn't enough to pull up the limited 160 character cap. You must click it so it can continue to load.

And why can't I set my custom gamer tag picture of myself in my badass Halo armor I made? The kinect already bogs down the processor and is the reason games have been released in a lower resolution thus far. I should at least be able to take a picture of
    myself like I did on the 360.

In conclusion the system is a joke. Xbox live has now become the PSN. It's a headache to navigate, and the online services are an embarrassment to any loyal xbox fan. I've gone to great lengths to voice my growing concern about the future of Xbox. If you're
    a true fan, the below video will hit home for you.

The Master Chief Plays Xbox One

I AM J0HN RAMBO, Apr 5, 2014
  9. Thats your opinion along with somebody else's that doesnt speak for everyone. I like the xbox one UI its alot better than the 360 no ads.

SilentGamer895, Oct 31, 2018
  10. TriGgA AnDrEw Win User

When you pay £400+ on something you expect it to be in at least worth it now not in a few years time if it's going to take a few years to fix it to where the customers will be happy then don't release it until it's properly ready honestly Microsoft you ***
    up BIG. Honestly I can't wait to get rid of my xbox one and I got it yesterday now that's saying something
  11. XxAphr0DIt3xX Win User

Complain much? The Xbox 360 was never perfect in the beginning, but look where its at today, with 10 years to get it right. The Xbox One is in the same state, its NEW. I bet in a few hears that One will be better. That's the risk you take when buying a first
    gen anything, there's always bugs and things to be worked out, its common sense when buying something new, especially if you do your homework, you'll see the 360 launch was awful and they had recalls of the thing. Just wait and see, I know the One will be
    great, but it is not going to happen over night.
  12. SilentGamer895 Win User

Thats your opinion along with somebody else's that doesnt speak for everyone. I like the xbox one UI its alot better than the 360 no ads.
  13. I AM J0HN RAMBO Win User

All issues addressed by the OP are valid concerns that should not be ignored. I too am an xbox veteran.

On the original xbox I could hear up to 16 players in a Halo match. On the Xbox One I'm lucky to hear more than one. Party chat is atrocious and seldom works. Do yourself a favor and just drop it all together. In-game chat is all we need. That way I can
    talk smack to the opposing team and anyone who doesn't perform up to my standards. I'm often welcomed by "we can't turn on party chat now, please try again later". This wouldn't be an issue to me, if I could actually consistently hear my team in-game. But
    even with the killer must have app (Titanfall) this is absent.

Combine that with the fact that the UI is horrific, and you have a system set up for failure. The dashboard looks like somebody took a dumb on a tiled floor, and then smeared it around in a random order to make it as overwhelming and confusing as possible.

Ease and simplicity are the key, and the Xbox One is neither. The dashboard is slow and sluggish. Want to get to your friends? Be prepared to wait over a minute while several menus load. Gone are the days of simply pressing that X button on your controller
    to pull it up with ease. Want to access your messages? Good news! There is an app made exclusively for that. Be prepared to see an envelope with a black background appear on your screen for 5 to 10 seconds, only to reveal text only messages. But wait, it gets
    even better. Simply highlighting the message isn't enough to pull up the limited 160 character cap. You must click it so it can continue to load.

And why can't I set my custom gamer tag picture of myself in my badass Halo armor I made? The kinect already bogs down the processor and is the reason games have been released in a lower resolution thus far. I should at least be able to take a picture of
    myself like I did on the 360.

In conclusion the system is a joke. Xbox live has now become the PSN. It's a headache to navigate, and the online services are an embarrassment to any loyal xbox fan. I've gone to great lengths to voice my growing concern about the future of Xbox. If you're
    a true fan, the below video will hit home for you.

The Master Chief Plays Xbox One

http://youtu.be/jFw3jFUnaSM
  14. DemonicWinna Win User

M$ probably just wants to remake the console with the added features and make everyone pay the same amount again.
Thema:

1. How did you guys screw this console up so badly? - Similar Threads - did guys screw

2. Can some one explain what I did wrong here?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can some one explain what I did wrong here?: Name of Ark server: ark savages. It's a 4 man tribe molded ark server. I posted "Ark savages 4 man come try it out" My account got banned. I've been with xbox live for over 15 years never had...
  3. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  4. did you guys at Microsoft shut down Minecraft for the Xbox 360 because my disc wont even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    did you guys at Microsoft shut down Minecraft for the Xbox 360 because my disc wont even...: so I tried to play on my Xbox 360 today and I booted it up and it worked fine but when I tried to play Minecraft on it it would not read the disc and my disc is not scratched or anything its just...
  5. Why did you guys now charge me for 2k24 after I already preordered it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did you guys now charge me for 2k24 after I already preordered it?: So I preordered 2k24 the day it was up for preordering, it says I have the game but at the same nothing was taking out of my account yet. So now all of a sudden today I get the charge but my bank...
  6. Why did you guys change my profile picture and why

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did you guys change my profile picture and why: It wasn't inappropriate what's what's good I don't know why my profile picture got changed 036604b5-c772-4789-9122-c340f3e2d63c
  7. Why did I get banned for something? The other guy said, and I just repeated it in chat and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get banned for something? The other guy said, and I just repeated it in chat and...: Why did I get banned for something? I didn’t say I repeated what the guy said to me in game chat and I got banned for it. c19301bd-6a6b-4ce8-8454-1d9daaac6312
  8. Why did you guys let my profile Prince Eros69 get hacked the guy with the email of [Mod...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did you guys let my profile Prince Eros69 get hacked the guy with the email of [Mod...: Ive tried to get help but you havent even have a call line you pretty much let this guy take my account as of early this morning he changed the email from [Mod Removed - Personal Information]...
  9. how come i got banned but the other guy did not ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    how come i got banned but the other guy did not ?: I got a 7 day communication suspension. which I felt was unfairly given as the other individual who message me also said some pretty controversial stuff to me aswell. I just wondered why you have...
  10. Hey Microsoft I apologies for what I did I'm sorry I told the guy sorry about what I said

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey Microsoft I apologies for what I did I'm sorry I told the guy sorry about what I said: I messed up again Microsoft please forgive me I will try my best not to get angry at my game when people talk to me bad I'm sorry b810b73e-0af6-4c66-aff5-cbabed481a91