How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer?

Discus and support How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; D33dles, I never really played it but I do own it, can't dismiss my 360 yet. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nervusbreakdown, May 12, 2014.

  1. How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer?


    D33dles, I never really played it but I do own it, can't dismiss my 360 yet.
     
    RedEye Expr3ss, May 12, 2014
    #16
  2. I only played the beginning of Blue Dragon - lots of cinematics, but it's got a good story.

    Also, Red, I may be stretching it with the likes of Dead Rising 3 and the others, but you can't really deny 1-4 of my list above - doing so means you're only fooling yourself. It's obvious that what you like is the Japanese, classic-style of RPGs.
     
    Galactic Geek, May 12, 2014
    #17
  3. Call it what you like, give me a game that I can create a character with class choices and skill trees to level up, with crafting, exploration, looting, all tied up in an epic story and I'll give you money.
     
    DigitalAssassin, May 12, 2014
    #18
  4. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest

    How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer?

    With any game you are assuming a "Role" that you're "Playing" in a "Game". ;-)

    Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Breath Of Fire, Morrowind, Blue Dragon, Oblivion, Skyrim, heck even Fable 1-3, I would consider a true R.P.G..

    Fallout 3 and New Vegas, K.O.T.O.R., D.R.3, Tomb Raider, I would consider more adventure.

    1 though 4 on your list would definitely cover the genres of R.P.G.s, but I think it's subjective what people would consider a TRUE R.P.G.

    Peace, J.R.
     
    J.R.G., May 12, 2014
    #19
  5. Tbh, I started with the D&D games on the Amiga, nes/snes dragon warrior and FF 1,2,3 etc etc, Followed by both of the Sega Saturn Devil Summoner games, DS and DS Soul Hackers. Lots of japanese only SS Jrpgs and a few on DC. Got quite a strong RPG background
    but that's just my prefered genre. I personally think that fallout 3 is barely an rpg How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer? ;) but I loved it. Where as oblivion was and it's just a different background. I'm waffling, you can see why I have all 3 current consoles, this is really the only reason.
     
    RedEye Expr3ss, May 12, 2014
    #20
  6. D33dles, I'm not knocking it, but I find the logic behind your opinion a bit odd. Judging by the list you provided, games that are virtually identical in terms of gameplay mechanics (Fallout vs. say, Skyrim) are 2 completely different genres according to
    you (RPG vs. adventure). I think your line of thinking has more to do with the setting rather than the genre itself - anything that has magic or a medieval feel is an RPG to you, but anything having to do with the present day, the future (post-apocalyptic
    or otherwise), or sci-fi and it's an adventure game to you... At least that's what I gathered from your list.

    I will agree that it is largely subjective though, but that only further proves my point about it being an umbrella term. How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer? ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, May 12, 2014
    #21
  7. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    RPG takes time to create.

    FF XIV is an "updated" version of 3 years old MMORPG,only on PC,PS3,PS4.This has been known for years.

    Child of light is available.

    Dragon Age Inquisition,ESO and Fable Legends should be available by the end of the year.

    Witcher 3 early 2015......

    All of this is know for quite a while,don't act like it's all new.

    And there are plenty of other game genre,on Xbox one.For example Peggle 2,Forza 5 aren't shooters.
     
    Tzar of kaos, May 12, 2014
    #22
  8. How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer?

    I wouldn't grumble at a good list of RPG's by the end of the next gens first year. Depending on how you define an RPG (and there are some great points so far) there are some available right now.
     
    Mark Sherwood, May 12, 2014
    #23
  9. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    RPG-Pen & paper game.

    CRPG - Videogame which contains RPG elements.

    Originaly,they were called CRPG,Computer Role Playing Game (Akalabeth,Ultima).

    Now,for a business reason i guess,it's called RPG
     
    Tzar of kaos, May 13, 2014
    #24
  10. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    "Oblivion" wasn't out when the 360 released.

    The day "Oblivion" was released was the day I pickd up a 360.
     
    Azrael008uk, May 13, 2014
    #25
  11. If Oblivion was out when the 360 released, the console would have sold a lot more than it had. How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer? :p
     
    Galactic Geek, Oct 31, 2018
    #26
  12. Tzar of kaos Win User

    How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer?

    RPG-Pen & paper game.

    CRPG - Videogame which contains RPG elements.

    Originaly,they were called CRPG,Computer Role Playing Game (Akalabeth,Ultima).

    Now,for a business reason i guess,it's called RPG
  13. Burnin TODI Win User

    How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer?

    Microsoft does not make every game for their console.....these entities called developers make a lot of the games. Ask them why they have not released an RPG early on??
  14. Galactic Geek Win User

    How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer?

    Did Egg just say Mass Effect & The Elder Scrolls were NOT role-playing games!?

    They ARE RPGs, exactly as the name suggests - you play a role in a game that tells a great story. Just because it doesn't follow the role of more classic & Japanese RPGs doesn't mean it's a "hybrid" or any less of an RPG. That's like saying World of Warcraft
    or tabletop Dungeons & Dragons are not RPGs - many people would disagree with you. In essence, "RPG" is an umbrella term that covers all of them. Off the top of my head, there's:

    1. Japanese RPGs (classic) - e.g., Final Fantasy

    2. Western RPGs - e.g., Skyrim & Mass Effect

    3. Massively Multiplayer RPGs - e.g., World of Warcraft

    4. Tabletop RPGs - e.g., Dungeons & Dragons

    5. Games w/RPG elements (virtually everything else nowadays) - e.g., anything with statistics, classes, effects &/or a leveling system

    Many of these are interchangeable too - for example South Park: The Stick of truth could be considered a classic- style RPG, but was made in the west.
  15. Galactic Geek Win User

    How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer?

    If Oblivion was out when the 360 released, the console would have sold a lot more than it had. :p
  16. Azrael008uk Win User

    How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer?

    "Oblivion" wasn't out when the 360 released.

    The day "Oblivion" was released was the day I pickd up a 360.
Thema:

How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer?

Loading...
  1. How did MS went so long without an RPG titles from launch till the end of this summer? - Similar Threads - did went long

  2. Why did you ban me i went to history and did not see why.

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did you ban me i went to history and did not see why.: I looked and I i still don't know why 579e31df-2d59-4473-903c-630e2a51b6a7
  3. I reset my xbox and when I went to log back in it did not keep my gamertag nor my games and...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    I reset my xbox and when I went to log back in it did not keep my gamertag nor my games and...: I reset my xbox and when I went to log back in it did not keep my gamertag nor my games and now it made me create a new gamer tag and start over. I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  4. Did I miss where the pins went? (Pre-Alpha Preview)

    in XboX Insiders
    Did I miss where the pins went? (Pre-Alpha Preview): Just hopped on and wanted to pin a game to see them and noticed my pins are missing. How long have they been gone? submitted by /u/JuniorB3vins [link] [comments]
  5. Bought a gamertag and the purchase went through but the name did not.

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought a gamertag and the purchase went through but the name did not.: I bought a gamertag change on xbox and it did not go through. I checked me billing history and it says completed, does anyone know why this happens? Im out 10$ and with no name change...
  6. Did anyone test the new version of Minesweeper before it went live?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did anyone test the new version of Minesweeper before it went live?: Minesweeper updated recently, and the new visual style in adventure mode is fine. Cool that you can kind of see the number under the adventurer now (sometimes). What I don't understand is why...
  7. My game says something went wrong giveit another try I did and it didn’t work

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game says something went wrong giveit another try I did and it didn’t work: My game says something went wrong give it another try 6e41cb2d-815c-44a6-8101-5327856d27f0
  8. How to redeem fortnite v bucks on xbox one console, went thru Epic but they did not...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to redeem fortnite v bucks on xbox one console, went thru Epic but they did not...: Want to use v-bucks on fortnite. Can't redeem code thru microsofty. was to do? b2875c97-ffae-4f47-a7fe-2c8e0e1e0b56
  9. My ready to install games went from 180 ish to 19 overnight. I did not change any settings...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My ready to install games went from 180 ish to 19 overnight. I did not change any settings...: I turned on my xbox to download a game on my ready to install list but it wasnt there along with 100+ other games that i had gotten over the years. How do i get them back?...
  10. Where did my completed games for Microscoft Jigsaw went today!!!!!

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where did my completed games for Microscoft Jigsaw went today!!!!!: Please find my months completed games and restore them along with all points. I'm a Premium User and don't deserve this treatment. Please restore my games faaa93cf-18cc-49f8-ba61-7a2195e96e3e