How could I develop a brain training for xbox using Unreal Engine

Discus and support How could I develop a brain training for xbox using Unreal Engine in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have spent a long long time building a brain training program and want to port our javascript assets to xbox. Is there an easy way to do this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Curtis Ashford1, Jul 31, 2023.

1. How could I develop a brain training for xbox using Unreal Engine

Hello,

I have spent a long long time building a brain training program and want to port our javascript assets to xbox. Is there an easy way to do this with Unity or Unreal Engine, I have experience in both.

Thank you for your time, hope to get this working well.

[Moderator Edit: Removed link from post as it wasn't needed on this community]

:)

Curtis Ashford1, Jul 31, 2023
  2. Curtis Ashford1 Win User

Hello,

I have actually now been trying to use unreal Engine but it keeps crashing and I cannot gt through to support for some help. Is there anyway to troubleshoot this with a human by chance?
  3. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, Curtis Ashford1

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

You can learn how to develop games using Unreal Engine by using their programming tutorials located here: Learning | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

You have Microsoft learn too: Training | Microsoft Learn where you can learn how to program using C# (sharp) and more 😎

Really, this question is out of the scope for this community. Hopefully, you find the learning materials helpful and can program/create your first app! Please start small and work up though, this way you can improve and learn in small steps. games and apps take a long time to develop and the skills you learn take time to develop too.

Nathan
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

5. ngocphi Win User

Xbox series X PC mode

Yes both available to developers

Many games use unreal

Engine for devwlopment

And optimized libraries isn't a unity strongnpoint unity is a more universal development suite you can do for different consoles

But you need tools better optimized for the individual console

To take advantage of the hardware like apples swift

Or Xboxes sdk or sonys

Unreal is their own development suite with unreal 5 engine coming soon how do you not know this

I simply listed games made with those.

The sdk kits get approved by ms or sony or nintendo

Whenever it's unity or unreal frostbite etc

@op therr is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** plus creators program

Which gains you access to SDKs

You still have to register with ms or sony or whatever platform.plus register with the said tools website after you register with xbox

Now you can buy a development kit but they aint cheap you need a computer and buy your own console unity and unreal are both on xbox one I donno where you got your idea otherwise

Gears 5 uses unreal

Better question why would I be listing games that arent unreal that uses the unreal sdk if I didn't know thats a SDK ? UNREAL or whatever engine is listed when you boot up any game unless you mean like c++ which case unity is based on c++ so is unreal

Unity and unreal fox slipstream Resident evil are an engines with libraries full SDKs
  6. ReproductioN-A10C66D Win User

Frostbite 2 game engine, it's cutting edge

[quote user="MattKohl101"]

To dual skorpians, yes they use an older version of Frostbite, I meant Frostbite 2 (I don't think it's actually officially called 2.0, not sure!).

-

And what I meant by other developers was people outside of EA. Like how Unreal Engine 3 was used by TONS of games and they all produced so many different gaming/visual experiences. Just search for the list of Unreal Engine 3 games and you get dozens upon
    dozens of games that differ widely.

-

A game engine doesn't always have to recreate the same exact type of graphics. I really do hope Frostbite 2 does get some more licensing to other studios. It would be a shame to only have it exclusively for one or two games!

[/quote]

That's because EPIC allowed it to be licensed to other developers at a reasonable cost. It was cheaper to use the Unreal engine than to develop their own. As for the Frostbite engine, I read somewhere that it's DICE's proprietary engine and EA won't allow
    licensing to other developers.
Thema:

1. How could I develop a brain training for xbox using Unreal Engine - Similar Threads - develop brain training

2. Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error): Hello. Yesterday, I was going to sign up for developer access, but I backed out. Today I decided to go ahead and sign up. I used the same account, but this time it gave me a "Microsoft runs on...
  3. Great development and performance made by XBOX

in XboX Insiders
    Great development and performance made by XBOX: Microsoft / XBOX is doing great to our community. In our digital and gaming environment, the company is performing admirably. Positive growth is being seen in the number of GamePass subscribers,...
  4. Is there a way to get a free Xbox developer account for students.

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to get a free Xbox developer account for students.: I heard about a way to claim a Microsoft partner center promo code for free on azure if you're a verified student, but it's long gone now. My question is, how to claim a promo code if you are a...
  5. MS Developer Account Registration payment via PAYPAL ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    MS Developer Account Registration payment via PAYPAL ?: Hello, I'm from Germany and would like to register for an app developer account in Partner Center. I don't have a credit card and would like to pay the fee with PayPal or Xbox credit/voucher. I...
  6. Developer Portal Link not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Developer Portal Link not working: Hello, I activated developer mode more than an hour and have not been able to access the Device Portal in order to deploy applications/games Getting this out of the way now so I don’t get the...
  7. How do you feel about the latest development with Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How do you feel about the latest development with Xbox?: Hey everyone my name is Jack and I own a Xbox series x. I have been playing games in Xbox for 13 years now after the latest news from Xbox I’m wondering if now is the time to sell it and my...
  8. I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?: Ive been trying to sign up for a developer account for my xbox, however I keep getting this error message: Microsoft runs on trust. We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation and certification...
  9. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  10. I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...: Please help me what’s the country region code for the United States? 89960a45-e084-4f25-b603-5ade3a7032f4