How could i create Playlists in Mediaplayer or VLC Player for Music played on xbox from NAS ...

Discus and support How could i create Playlists in Mediaplayer or VLC Player for Music played on xbox from NAS ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello @ ALL Following Situation: XboxOne with Medialplayer and new VLC Player Music stored on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) I want to create... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WalTYCOON16, Oct 27, 2016.

1. WalTYCOON16
    WalTYCOON16 Guest

How could i create Playlists in Mediaplayer or VLC Player for Music played on xbox from NAS ...

Hello @ ALL

Following Situation:

XboxOne with Medialplayer and new VLC Player

Music stored on a Network Attached Storage (NAS)

I want to create playlists for my music which i have on my NAS Device...and play this with mediaplayer on my xBox.

Thought that this should be an easy thing but i didnt find nothing for that point.

I am wondering why it is not possible ...Microsoft this should be a simple thing.

Need a Solution for that..

Thx for your Help

:)

WalTYCOON16, Oct 27, 2016
  2. NotTheZombie
    NotTheZombie Guest
    Background music questions

1. Am I missing seeing it somewhere or does the latest system update not have any controls for background music when using other apps like Edge or playing a game such as Path of Exile? I use VLC and Simple Background Music Player and remember the previous 'vertical' menu you brought up with the Xbox button did have the controls in when running background music.

2. Are there any alternatives to these? VLC runs my ogg rips which I'm too lazy to re-do as mp3s but is buggy as hell. and Simple background music player only plays my mp3s,and flacs but does not allow me to create a separate playlist out of the songs available (ie as though I'm checking the boxes for only the songs I want played out of the 200 song playlist).

NotTheZombie, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Cheezehead
    Cheezehead Guest
    XBOX music and NAS

Hi,

I keep all my music on a NAS and not my laptop. With zune I could add the NAS network drive to allow me to add music to playlists. With XBOX Music it seems that the music has to be local and cannot image to the NAS. Am i missing something. I have to
    add my music using Windows Media Center. Is there something I am mising?

Thanks,

Cheeze

Cheezehead, Oct 27, 2016
  4. ngocphi Win User

Pc Inhalte auf Xbox 360 streamen [Stream PC Content to Xbox 360]

Mediaplayer is ancient compared to most mediaplayers

Which support more codecs and don't have paid codecs

Vlc is one of them

And you can setup your xbox as an DLNA server which is better anyhow like that play to or vlc app and then have your phone or computer provide the server
  5. David Wirsching Win User

Yeah I know it’s not related to Microsoft but

Hello Reuben R, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

To create a playlist for the music mode in Space Invaders Infinity Gene on Xbox, you can follow these general steps:

1. First, make sure you have the desired music files saved on your Xbox console. You can either transfer music from a PC using a USB drive or download music directly to the console through services like Xbox Music or Spotify (if supported).

2. Once your music files are ready, you can create a playlist directly on your Xbox. Here's how:

a. Navigate to the "Media Player" app on your Xbox console.
    b. Select "Playlists" from the menu.
    c. Choose "Create a Playlist" and give it a name.
    d. Add the desired music files to the playlist by selecting them and confirming the selection.

3. After creating the playlist, launch Space Invaders Infinity Gene.

4. In the game's menu or options, locate the "Music" or "Soundtrack" section. It may be under a specific game mode or settings.

5. Within the music mode options, you should see an option to choose a playlist. Select the playlist you created on your Xbox.

Once you've selected your playlist, the game will play the music from the playlist while you play Space Invaders Infinity Gene.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.
  6. voteDC Win User

need to know if this is possible (custom soundtracks from music device)

Sad to say but you are out of luck. While the console will read music from devices plugged into the USB ports it wont read playlists. Then of course you can only create custom playlists from music stored on the hard drive.

Your only real option, which you don't seem to want to use, is the Guide Music Player. From there you can play all the music stored in a folder. So it would take you a little more time but you could put the playlist tracks into a folder and tell the Xbox to
    just play that folder alone.
  7. ngocphi Win User

My Xbox is not playing music and movies please help

Are you talking about videos and music you downloaded from the internet and stored on a external drive to be used as a media drive?

If so since you are talking about a variety of codecs . have you downloaded VLC for xbox ? It is a very very good program a d supports a varietyof third party codecs

Windows mediaplayer doesn't really support non mainstream codecs

Mp4 mpg.avi wmv etc

Vlc tends to support hundreds even ogg
  8. ngocphi Win User

What app can I use for windows media center

Nothing as the protocols needed weren't too user.friendly

Miracast or dlna even wifi direct are.better media player or vlc work.much better for that stuff and you didn't have to play with router settings and you weren't locked to an ecosystem

Windows media player was limited with codecs unless you got third party programs but media Center still had limits on codecs

With miracast or dlna you only limited by your mediaplayer (vlc is available on Xbox)

I set up media Center in mins back in the day
Thema:

1. How could i create Playlists in Mediaplayer or VLC Player for Music played on xbox from NAS ... - Similar Threads - create Playlists Mediaplayer

2. Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't create a developer account (Microsoft runs on trust error): Hello. Yesterday, I was going to sign up for developer access, but I backed out. Today I decided to go ahead and sign up. I used the same account, but this time it gave me a "Microsoft runs on...
  3. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  4. Why won't my Xbox allow me to create or join a party?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my Xbox allow me to create or join a party?: Everytime I make a party or try and join one on my Xbox series S it says party encountered an error and tells me to check my Internet connection. When I check my connection it says everything is...
  5. I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?: Ive been trying to sign up for a developer account for my xbox, however I keep getting this error message: Microsoft runs on trust. We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation and certification...
  6. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  7. Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...: I'm trying to make a hotmail for my sister so that I can make an xbox account for her. I tried to create an email for her from her device a long time ago through the Minecraft app, but after I...
  8. I cant remember the email I used when creating my xbox account

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant remember the email I used when creating my xbox account: Hi all I cant remember at all what email I used when I created my xbox account I know the gamertag and I have the number thats linked to it can microsoft tell me the email on my account if I have...
  9. Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble: Hi i have been unable to be interested in group posts and unable to make a post on my xbox one i have checked my security settings which are unrestricted i have looked at other questions same as...
  10. Problems creating repair order

in XBoX on Windows
    Problems creating repair order: I’m unable to see any option except accessories when selecting an issue for a repair order. I just had the xbox serviced and it worked perfectly fine the last time. What am I missing?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox vlc create playlist