How come the Xbox App on PC just doesn't work? and why can't I download games?

Discus and support How come the Xbox App on PC just doesn't work? and why can't I download games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Its been damn to many years for this App to still be in its "Beta" form. Microsoft claims that you will be able to download and play most titles from... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EasyE12324, Dec 9, 2021.

1. EasyE12324
    EasyE12324 Guest

Its been damn to many years for this App to still be in its "Beta" form. Microsoft claims that you will be able to download and play most titles from its Xbox lineup of games, but in reality once you try to download them all it will give you is a headache. For once i just want to be able to lay the game (THAT I PAY FOR) on launch with no issues. if you're also having problems or error codes (like this one: 0x00000001) please feel free to upvote this and maybe someone who actually works for this company will come along and eventually fix it.

:)

EasyE12324, Dec 9, 2021
  2. Sam Lappin Win User

Do Steam Games Show Up in Achievements?

How does this work then? It says available on PC but I know it is on Xbox. Is it saying that I have it for PC? Also why do Steam games not show up in the app? Can other people see them from their Xbox because I can't see them on the app.
  3. Shrimpley_Pibbles Win User

Why does the microsoft store force you to use the xbox app with certain games.

Thank you for your reply!

But if these are all part of the pc game library the platform is just pc right?

I would be fine just using the xbox app but the download speed is just a joke. my internet speed is much faster than 7mbps. I've tried delivery optimisation and repairing the app... nothing works to improve the DL speed on the xbox app.

Again if I can just resume the download using the microsoft store this would also be a great option but it doesn't for some games.

Sea of Thieves on the microsoft store only has install on the xbox app option but it appears in the downloads on the microsoft store and from there I can pause the download in the app and then resume it in the store. But with Total War: Warhammer III, it doesn't even show up in downloads, it's on the store and gives the same message to install on the app but then I can't see it on my library in the store (even though it's listed on the store xD)
  4. gangmobin Win User

Xbox App will not install on Windows 11

doesn't work path literally doesn't even existXDDD

Can't install an app that's supposed to come with the computer this why sony better
  5. LVRSxRxLNTCS Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

You can either download the game pass for PC or the Game Pass app on your phone. I downloaded the app on my phone and that's how I redeemed mine and then just logged into the PC and it worked for me.
  6. Jerico Clemente Win User

I can't download games on the Xbox App with my PC Game Pass subscription

I have done this, and tried to download a game available on PC Game Pass. But it stays in the Pending state. I was able to successfully update other apps such as the Windows Calculator and the like, but when it comes to games it just doesn't download.
Thema:

1. How come the Xbox App on PC just doesn't work? and why can't I download games? - Similar Threads - App doesn't why

2. Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD: I just got a xbox series s, I plugged in my 2TB and formatted it like the console told me too, I pick it up on the xbox, I can download onto it, but the xbox app doesn't pick it up. At all. Why?...
  3. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  4. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?: I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are supposed to support Dolby Vision simply do...
  5. PC Xbox app doesn't open

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC Xbox app doesn't open: It's stuck at the logo I tried everything: -Repair/Reset Xbox app -Uninstall & Reinstall Xbox app, -Update Xbox App from store library, -Uninstall Xbox App & Install It from Xbox Website,...
  6. xbox app doesn't working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox app doesn't working: I tried everything: Repair, Reset, unistall, nothing works, it's been for days and i'm paying for nothing ! 562ff93f-044f-4eb8-832b-e7956687225d
  7. Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?: https://i.imgur.com/BwsatJX.png (Image of the error message that I should update Windows, but it is already the Insider Preview ) Hi, for a few days now, I can't open the Xbox Accessories app...
  8. Why doesn't my xbox app work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my xbox app work?: BEFORE POSTING THIS I HAVE CALLED MICROSOFT AND THEY TOLD ME THIS IS A NETWORK ISSUE MANY PEOPLE ARE EXPERIENCING - I believe it has something to do with windows 11 as my friends on windows 10...
  9. Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download: My app like I just got dead island 2 I started to download it but is just stuck at saying installing and not moving 8c9ceaed-edeb-40e2-8264-7011d60cfd1b
  10. Why does my game say I can play it but doesn't come up in my apps and games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game say I can play it but doesn't come up in my apps and games: I am trying to download or play a game and it does say play but won't show up in my apps and games says the game isn't installed only the DLCs and won't show up in full library and when I click on...