how come the kinect 2.0 has a detachable cable but they wont sell them seperately ?

Discus and support how come the kinect 2.0 has a detachable cable but they wont sell them seperately ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; basically my dog chewed through the cable (which is detachable) ive been told my warranty covers this which is nice i'm pleased with that however i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by snoopersbeware, Feb 11, 2015.

1. how come the kinect 2.0 has a detachable cable but they wont sell them seperately ?

basically my dog chewed through the cable (which is detachable) ive been told my warranty covers this which is nice i'm pleased with that however i don't need a new sensor, just the cable, it seems microsoft want me to send my whole unit to them instead
    of just sending me a new cable ? this seems rather unnecessary.

:)

snoopersbeware, Feb 11, 2015
  2. Who purchase Kinect for Xbox 360?

Personally I think Xbox One should have come out last year and Kinect 2.0 this year as a optional it the Kinect for 360 didn't sell so good than they wouldn't have forced Kinect 2.0 onto us

HandheldAnt94, Feb 11, 2015
  3. The reason why Kinect 2 comes with Xbox One

I am pretty sure it comes with it so they can sell it.

-

If you believe the rumors the Kinect 2.0 would cost like $200 dollars and its launching with NO Kinect games. would be a hard sale for them. so they just force you to buy it problem solved.

TheSpiralMatrix, Feb 11, 2015
  4. TheStMichel
    TheStMichel Guest

how come the kinect 2.0 has a detachable cable but they wont sell them seperately ?

Hi there Fruital!

Sorry to hear about your dog making a toy out of your cables.

From my knowledge by reading over the Warranty for your Kinect 2.0 there is no warranty repair on singular items such as your cable.

You can read more about that here at the
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/kinect/kinect-warranty

But if you want to purchase the cable individually and avoid this, you can visit the replacement parts page

Thanks!

TheStMichel, Feb 11, 2015
  5. TheStMichel Win User

Hi there Fruital!

Sorry to hear about your dog making a toy out of your cables.

From my knowledge by reading over the Warranty for your Kinect 2.0 there is no warranty repair on singular items such as your cable.

You can read more about that here at the
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/kinect/kinect-warranty

But if you want to purchase the cable individually and avoid this, you can visit the replacement parts page

Thanks!
  6. HandheldAnt94 Win User

Who purchase Kinect for Xbox 360?

Personally I think Xbox One should have come out last year and Kinect 2.0 this year as a optional it the Kinect for 360 didn't sell so good than they wouldn't have forced Kinect 2.0 onto us
  7. TheSpiralMatrix Win User

The reason why Kinect 2 comes with Xbox One

I am pretty sure it comes with it so they can sell it.

-

If you believe the rumors the Kinect 2.0 would cost like $200 dollars and its launching with NO Kinect games. would be a hard sale for them. so they just force you to buy it problem solved.
  8. Doomofman Win User

Kinect 2.0 + projector

Well the K2 has a proprietary connection on the back of the xbox and I'd imagine the cable is not detachable from the Kinect itself, but I don't know that for sure.
  9. Tony Wissler Win User

Using a x360 arcade psu with a x360 slim

I think you have it the other way around. The brick and attached cable plugs into the rear of the Xbox 360 console. The cord from the brick to the electrical outlet is seperate / detachable.
Thema:

1. how come the kinect 2.0 has a detachable cable but they wont sell them seperately ? - Similar Threads - kinect has detachable

2. Kinect has no serial ID "USB\VID_045E&PID_02AE\0000000000000000"

in XBoX on Windows
    Kinect has no serial ID "USB\VID_045E&PID_02AE\0000000000000000": I have a kinect pluged in my PC, it is a xbox 360 kinect model 1473 but when I checked the path there's no serial ID and I need the serial ID for what I'm trying to do with it, can someone help me...
  3. Xbox series X has not kinect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has not kinect?: Hello, I would like to ask if new console XSX will have kinect or camera any sort? I want to buy new gaming console and because of old games what I liked many years ago on xbox 360 I prefered new...
  4. In a time of pandemic Microsoft has to launch a kinect for xbox one x and games for kinect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    In a time of pandemic Microsoft has to launch a kinect for xbox one x and games for kinect.: At that time, when we stay at home, we can't go to the gym or run and walk in the park, why doesn't Microsoft launch a kinect for xbox one x, and games for kinect? with kinect we do exercises at...
  5. Looking for authorised shop has 'kinect adapter for window'

in XBoX on Windows
    Looking for authorised shop has 'kinect adapter for window': Hi all, I'm trying to look for 'Kinect v2 adapter for window' on Microsoft store, but I cannot find any. Since I am to plug the kinect v2 with my PC, I need the apdater to do so. Does anyone know...
  6. Kinect has red light on original Xbox 360 even though all wires are plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect has red light on original Xbox 360 even though all wires are plugged in.: The Kinect is plugged in the the split, and the USB & plug are all plugged in. How do i fix this? 56882611-ffc5-4b61-bcf1-5a02f0f1ef8e
  7. Why has xbox stopped making the kinect xbox one adaptor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has xbox stopped making the kinect xbox one adaptor?: I want to get my grand kids a kinect for their Xbox one s and the price is over $200 just for the adaptor, why would microsoft stop making something so cheap to make that seems to be catching on...
  8. Kinect turns on but xbox has been off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect turns on but xbox has been off: My xboxone x is not connected to my cable box. Well today i was watching tv, i noticed that the Kinect turned on for about 10 seconds and then turned off. Is that normal?...
  9. Xbox One Kinect Adaptor for S/X models has Sold Out! with no further production planned.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Kinect Adaptor for S/X models has Sold Out! with no further production planned.: Microsoft has stopped manufacturing AND has SOLD OUT their Kinect cable https://www.xbox.com/en-NZ/xbox-one/accessories/kinect/kinect-adapter The Xbox One Original console does NOT need a...
  10. Notification centre has a poor user experience when using Kinect/voice commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notification centre has a poor user experience when using Kinect/voice commands: Since the major UI update, it's become nearly impossible to respond to a notification using voice commands, as the meaningful text is replaced with "Item 1", "Item 2", etc. Responding to a...