How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...

Discus and support How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Recently my Xbox Series X has been having issues whenever I try to join or start a party with friends. Error code 0x89231806 will pop up and I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Caleb Merillat, Apr 11, 2024.

1. How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...

Recently my Xbox Series X has been having issues whenever I try to join or start a party with friends. Error code 0x89231806 will pop up and I have done literally everything I can to fix it. I put my IP, DNS, and Alternate Port Selection settings on automatic and I have reset my Alternate Mac address several times with no fix. My NAT type will also change from OPEN to UNAVAILABLE frequently. Whenever I test the NAT type my Xbox is either stuck on a loading screen or says that the "information is unavailable".

This is also affecting my games as well. Games like Rainbow Six Siege, The Finals, Fortnite, etc. will either not load me into a match or will flash a message saying that the servers are down.

I have been playing at my college and never encountered this issue. I bring this up because I have seen forums and videos instructing people to reset their routers, but because I am on school wifi I am unable to do so.

So how can I fix it? Is this a bug that I need to wait around for Microsoft to fix? Am I missing a step?

:)

Caleb Merillat, Apr 11, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...