How come my friend game sharing isn’t working. It says he’s set as my home Xbox on my Xbox...

Discus and support How come my friend game sharing isn’t working. It says he’s set as my home Xbox on my Xbox... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; It’s been doing this for a couple days so yes I know their Xbox live didn’t run out, I’ve reset my console numerous times and nothing.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by I’m a person, Apr 22, 2023.

1. How come my friend game sharing isn’t working. It says he’s set as my home Xbox on my Xbox...

It’s been doing this for a couple days so yes I know their Xbox live didn’t run out, I’ve reset my console numerous times and nothing.

:)

I’m a person, Apr 22, 2023
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

A friend of mine share me GOLD and I can´t play online

There may be some information here that can help you

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

If your friend that has Xbox live gold and logs in to his account on your Xbox, while he is signed in if he goes to the Xbox settings and clicks on personalization, then my home Xbox, then click on make this my home Xbox. Once he does his gold will be shared
    with you and his games will be shared with you as well. I hope this helps :)

yeah, I already did that, but im still haven't gold
    The problem is not that he is not sharing his gold with you.

The problem is you need to go into settings and go to xbox live online safety and security and approve your account to play multiplayer games.

If it was not sharing the gold it would come up saying you needed to buy gold. Not the permissions screen.
  3. Jonny306 Win User

How come my friend game sharing isn’t working. It says he’s set as my home Xbox on my Xbox and yet it won’t work. I checked and it says he has Xbox gold right now.

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your inquiry/ concern.

I do look forward to resolving this problem together! :)

What do you see when you log into your account and go to designate it as your own home console?
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

How come my friend game sharing isn’t working. It says he’s set as my home Xbox on my Xbox and yet it won’t work. I checked and it says he has Xbox gold right now.

game sharing outside your physical household is a violation of TOS and can lead to account and console bans.
  5. iGrind☢❌�� Win User

Xbox live and game pass on 2 consoles

I was able to switch one more time by using the help button. I think the problem might have been my little son also had it set as his home xbox. My oldest thought he was supposed to log in, set as home xbox, then log in with littles and set as home xbox🤦��‍♀️
    It seems to be working niw, expect fortnite isn’t working, it says i need gamepass🤷��‍♀️ But other gamepass games are working.
  6. Nitro playz Win User

Xbox game sharing

Hello. Xbox Game Pass is currently in Beta for PC. In order to game share from Xbox to PC. He would need to have his account with your games on it, then have the Xbox set as his "Primary" or Home Console. Hope this helps.
    I didn't understand , I set my xbox as home xbox and and added my friend's account still my friend can't access my ultimate subscription.

Also the gamshare works when I sign in to his account in my xbox so it works in my xbox but doesn't work in my friend's pc
Thema:

How come my friend game sharing isn’t working. It says he’s set as my home Xbox on my Xbox...

1. How come my friend game sharing isn’t working. It says he’s set as my home Xbox on my Xbox... - Similar Threads - friend game sharing

2. If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...: Just wondering my friend wants to game share with me but dose that mean i have to keep logging in to his account to play the game or can i just log in to mine? 6e652558-90d1-4520-a9c5-c405e2c408f1
  3. I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...: I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought the vault edition and it’s not giving me vault edition stuff 93b02e79-badb-4a06-9785-8cc2fa1706c8
  4. I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it: I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it 383b6bea-8a2a-4295-b410-e601616b36b5
  5. I had to reset my Xbox one and my best friend game shared COD with me. Do I lose that game now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had to reset my Xbox one and my best friend game shared COD with me. Do I lose that game now?: I had to factory reset my Xbox one. A friend game shared COD to me for my birthday. Do I get that game back? I can’t find it anywhere in my games. 903bf2b8-b38b-4f38-bb3b-8812b15e4d28
  6. Can my friend install the same game as me if we are game sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my friend install the same game as me if we are game sharing: Can i Install the snap game at same time while game sharing fe3faf39-f930-48af-8d17-3cc267b4ce13
  7. Why isn’t my friend game popping up when I try game sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn’t my friend game popping up when I try game sharing: Why isn’t my friend game popping up when I try game sharing 2a1efb93-4aa6-420b-99be-4354033c6c1d
  8. Allow pc users to share game clips with friends on Xbox, and vice versa.

in XboX Insiders
    Allow pc users to share game clips with friends on Xbox, and vice versa.: currently can't share game clips with friends on Xbox from pc, also, can't receive game clips from Xbox friends to pc. why is game clip sharing not available between the two when Xbox literally...
  9. I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me...: I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me and I have no shares left is there a fix for this so I can get the game pass again...
  10. my friend was game sharing with me and now it’s not working randomly why? he didn’t stop...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my friend was game sharing with me and now it’s not working randomly why? he didn’t stop...: my friends game sharing with me and now it’s not working why? he didn’t stop game sharing with me. 42888b3d-f40a-4aa2-a1b6-2fff2823dff0