How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?

Discus and support How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Microsoft locked my accpunt due to suspicious activity and when i put in my username and password (which are correct and active!) It only gives me the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BrittanyEE, Jan 11, 2024.

1. BrittanyEE
    BrittanyEE Guest

How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?

Microsoft locked my accpunt due to suspicious activity and when i put in my username and password (which are correct and active!) It only gives me the option to use an outdated phone number for an access code. Ive tried getting it sent other ways and the only option is via text to a number I no longer have access to. Nothing is wrong with my account exceot this verification phone number for an access code. Ive filled out the recovery form numerous times with all my correct information including cared number used for purchases and even the console ive been using for the last year almost. Ive had this account for almost 16 years and I dont understand why i cant use any other method to verify my account. Oh, 2 step verification is not turned on either, but i cant get into the email anyways because of the access code thats needed.

:)

BrittanyEE, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Brittany! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft account being locked due to suspicious activity.

You will need to unblock your account first before submitting an account recovery request. Kindly submit an account reinstatement form to unblock your Microsoft account:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/concern/AccountReinstatement

Note: If your account has enabled 2-step verification feature, I'm afraid that the account recovery webform will not work.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Recover account

Just so I understand.

You were able to get into the account enough to change the password?

At what point is it asking for the phone number? When you try and put your account on your console its wanting to send a code to your phone number? If this is the case you would still be able to change the phone number for security codes on the account as
    long as you know the email and current password on the account. It will lock you out of the account for 30 days till that phone number is updated though.

If you sign into the account at account.live.com/addassocid it will want to send a security code but if you click on that you do not have any of these it will take you to a screen to update where security codes are sent out to and allow you to update it
    again it will lock you out of your account for 30 days till where they send the security codes out to is updated. THERE is NO way around the 30 day lock out.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Microsoft account op xbox one beveiligen[Translation-Protect Microsoft account on xbox one]

Hi fellow gamer,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have question on how to protect your account. You can set up

two step verification
    . This will use your email and then phone to verify you for any changes made. Important note: if at any time you will change email or phone number go turn this off before doing so. As it will require you two verify and you will not
    have the information any longer. Once you update the account with the new email/number than can turn back on.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Arminator Win User

Phone number and code

Due to cases of account theft and account hijacking, Microsoft has increased the security for the Microsoft Account that is used to log you into Xbox Live.

While you haven't used that function in the past, it is HIGHLY ADVISABLE you update your security information in form of a secondary email and/or phone number on

https://account.live.com/Proofs/Manage

Be aware however, that updating your phone number WITHOUT verifying your previous security proofs will take up to 30 days, in order to prevent hackers from capturing your account by adding their own phone number and email, without verification of previous
    phone numbers.

If you want to make your account absolutely hacking proof, and you own a Smartphone (iOS, Android or Windows Phone), you can also enable Two Step Verification and set up a free Authenticator App.

That way, whenever a hacker tries to sign into your account from a new or unknown device, they will be asked for a code number, that is ONLY visible on your phone.

So a hacker would have to physically steal your phone to get into your account.
  6. XBF Lance J Win User

Xbox one comprobacion de la identidad. No dispongo de ninguna de estas opciones. [Xbox one identity check. I do not have any of these options.]

Hey Agustyn,

Let's try to get you back into your account! If you wish to bypass the verification, simply

Reset your Password
    ; afterwards you will be allowed to update your email and phone number on file.
Thema:

1. How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account? - Similar Threads - update verification phone

2. Xbox Update Stuck.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Update Stuck.: Hey! So I started updating me xbox and now it's stuck on 2%. Any help please? It won't move at all and im scared If I turn it off it will get corrupted. 31d91c7a-a0d2-4904-84bd-53f94fc5a103
  3. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  4. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830) Feel free...
  5. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)...
  6. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  7. HDMI-CEC broken since last update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC broken since last update.: I have been able to use my LG TV remote to control my Xbox since I got it. Since the June 17th update it no longer works. I have to turn on an Xbox controller or use the Xbox app on my phone....
  8. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  9. Xbox update download stops at 3% then goes to update verification then shutdowns and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox update download stops at 3% then goes to update verification then shutdowns and...: My Xbox has a problem, when I try to update it it stops at downloading 3% then goes into verifying, when it completes verifying it shutdowns and doesn't restart back on....
  10. One x: failing during verification of offline system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    One x: failing during verification of offline system update: Hello everyone, I'm having some very annoying issues with my Xbox. It was purchased second hand and when I booted it up it started "preparing the console" which then gave me the error code E106...