How can remove the spam from the new dashboard homescreen on my Xbox One S and just have it...

Discus and support How can remove the spam from the new dashboard homescreen on my Xbox One S and just have it... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have just received the new dashboard update and it is horrendously bad. How do I remove the spam advertising and things I have no interest in like... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Seanie1200, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Seanie1200
    Seanie1200 Guest

How can remove the spam from the new dashboard homescreen on my Xbox One S and just have it...

I have just received the new dashboard update and it is horrendously bad. How do I remove the spam advertising and things I have no interest in like 'games with distinctive art', 'cross platform multiplayer games', 'top entertainmant apps' and so on?

How can I customise the dashboard so it just has the groups I have set up? Or how can I revert to the previous dashboard?

:)

Seanie1200, Jul 27, 2023
  2. George Bellah Win User

How can remove the spam from the new dashboard homescreen on my Xbox One S and just have it show my Groups?

You cannot remove them

Ads have been part of the Xbox dashboard since the 360

They are sold with specific placement in mind

So you can't remove them
    This is a singularly snotty and unhelpful reply to a legitimate concern. The tone is condescending in a "so there!" Kind of way. Essentially, we are being told that the ad buyers have priority and their concerns/needs are more important than those of your consumers. I wonder how Captain Reynolds would react to such an attitude? I feel he would most certainly aim to misbehave, "SwordofWhedon".
  3. Rostom L Win User

How can remove the spam from the new dashboard homescreen on my Xbox One S and just have it show my Groups?

Hi there! I will do my best to help.

I am afraid that you cannot revert or downgrade your console's updated firmware unless you're using the preview build or beta.

Please check the link below to learn more on how to manage the contents on your home screen:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/c...

If you have feedback regarding the new update, please report it directly to Team Xbox for them to properly review or investigate your concern. Check your guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m....

Best regards,
  4. MichaelBarnett3 Win User

This dashboard update is so bad i went and bought a ps5 back when it dropped. I forgot how bad it was until i logged back in to play Starfield. From a simple google search, i have yet to find ONE person who liked the ugly mess it has become.

For anyone who wants to avoid this nonsensical update until they fix it I recommend;

Boot up your Xbox,

Immediately press the Xbox button,

Navigate to Settings》Power

Set to Sleep and under Customize enable remote features

On your phone Download the Xbox app and Install/Launch anything you want from there.

It will start the xbox directly into the game.
  5. Seanie1200 Win User

None of these ads have any relevance to me whatsoever. All they are doing is putting me off using my xbox. They used to be unintrusive - one tile on the homescreen I just ignored - but now having 12 lines of irrelevance forced on me is complete overkill. I already have Gamepass though now won't be renewing it when the payment comes up because of this update.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

You cannot remove them

Ads have been part of the Xbox dashboard since the 360

They are sold with specific placement in mind

So you can't remove them
Thema:

1. How can remove the spam from the new dashboard homescreen on my Xbox One S and just have it... - Similar Threads - remove spam dashboard

2. How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????

in XboX Insiders
    How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????: Guys can someone tell me how I can remove the keyboard and mouse future in Xbox cloud gaming browser I really need to fix this help me eeewe submitted by /u/Inside-Bar1951 [link] [comments]
  3. Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...: This question has been asked before, but there is still no update and the Answers by the 'expert' were not even applicable to the XBox app, stating many options that just aren't available. Has...
  4. How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?: It takes up screen real estate and I do not want it, use it, or need it. I do not do friends gaming, do not want anything but my private gaming. Tab is annoying and useless for me. [img]...
  5. Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?: The reinforcement team did suspend and banned my account on the Xbox and I cant sing in and out on the my account on the Series X and I cant acess and enter the features off it and Xbox Live on...
  6. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  7. Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?: Reeks of “boss says I had to think of something new so this is what I came up with” submitted by /u/JeremyUsbourneWebb [link] [comments]
  8. Minecraft account removed from microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft account removed from microsoft account: As of today, I was signed out of the official minecraft launcher AND multiMC. Signing in to both mojang and my microsoft account in my browser, it is showing I do not even own the game? I have...
  9. Anyone know why are these screenshot getting removed from the Xbox network? They're only a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know why are these screenshot getting removed from the Xbox network? They're only a...: So I went onto the xbox app to download some screenshot and noticed an alert symbol next to 2 of the images and it says it will be deleted from the Xbox Network today and I don't know why. I took...
  10. Removing spam followers

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Removing spam followers: A while back I had an incident where somebody tried to hack my account after spamming me with followers. It’s been a while since then and although I secured my account, I still get a random boy...