How can I use my laptop as a monitor?

Discus and support How can I use my laptop as a monitor? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I wat to project something to my laptop with the HDMI but I cant 2f357c0a-fb1f-4e84-ae60-d783c5157010 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Raul Barnica, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Raul Barnica
    Raul Barnica Guest

I wat to project something to my laptop with the HDMI but I cant

:)

Raul Barnica, Sep 17, 2018
  2. How can I use my Laptop as my screen for Xbox?

I know there are ways of doing this with capture cards, I have some but have lost a lot of cables for them. I have a HP G60 235dx, it has an HDMI port. If I use my HDMI cable and plug it in, can I use my laptop screen to play xbox? I can seem to find an
    HDMI option or channel on my laptop. Anyone have any advice?

DisturbedOne614, Sep 17, 2018
  3. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    How can I use my Laptop as my screen for Xbox?

Most laptops only have a HDMI Out port. So unless the one you have is very high-end it is likely you wont be able to use your laptop as a screen to play your 360 on.

voteDC, Sep 17, 2018
  4. How can I use my laptop as a monitor?

Hi, you can't project from Xbox to PC/Laptop using hdmi. It's just not possible. You can stream from Xbox One to Windows 10 Xbox app though.

StuartATrueRed, Sep 17, 2018
  5. Laptops only have HDMI output, which means you can only project whats on the laptop onto another screen/tv.

There are very select few laptops (some Alienware ones) that provide HDMI input.

BaconisGood53, Sep 17, 2018
  6. Hey there,

I wouldn't say you can't but it's very rare to find a laptop that has an input/output HDMI port, most laptops these days have output only HDMI ports, you can still stream your XOne to your PC thanks to the Xbox one app on Windows 10.

GreyStormGaming, Sep 17, 2018
  7. Not many laptops / video cards have HDMI input. Without that you wont be able to

The Viral Cyrix, Sep 17, 2018
  8. How can I use my laptop as a monitor?

Unless your device has a specific "HDMI In" port, you are not able to use HDMI hardware. Unfortunately, Laptops almost never have HDMI In ports.

JACKSONBRO 78, Sep 17, 2018
  9. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest
    Hey Raul!

As previously stated most laptops commonly have HDMI outputs on them in order to display the contents of the laptop on a TV or other displays. The only way to get your Xbox One to show up on a screen would be if you have the option to switch the input to
    HDMI which is rare in laptop or desktop monitors. That being said you may contact the manufacturer of your laptop to see if they have additional options or review the Xbox Display compatibility here:

Troubleshooting a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox One is on

Thank you for reaching out!

XBF George L, Sep 20, 2018
  10. PetryBosch
    PetryBosch Guest
    As far as I know all laptop computers have an video OUTput. So no you can't use it as a monitor.

But like others have said, you can us the streaming options in the xbox app.

PetryBosch, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: