How can I upgrade a games pass core to ultimate on my childs account

Discus and support How can I upgrade a games pass core to ultimate on my childs account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I accidentally redeemed a code on my childs account and want it to convert to ultimate. I get a message that he is not allowed to this because of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nico Kras, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Nico Kras
    Nico Kras Guest

Hi,

I accidentally redeemed a code on my childs account and want it to convert to ultimate. I get a message that he is not allowed to this because of age restriction.

Is there a way to make this happen?

I tried the family hub and navigated through my account on Xbox.com.

Thanks.

:)

Nico Kras, Nov 29, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Nico! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your child account. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on your description, you will need to manage and disable the parental permission on your child account temporarily using your parent/organizer account from the Microsoft family in order to purchase the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on your child account.

Kindly sign in to the parent/organizer Microsoft account on account.microsoft.com > family settings > Find your child account's name that has the active game pass core and click More options > Disable the purchase restrictions temporarily.

Note: Your parent account should be the "Organizer" while your child account will be the "Family member" in order to make this work.

> Turn off Needs organizer approval to buy things toggle.

> To deny purchase requests through email, turn on Email me when they get stuff toggle.

> Set the maturity of the account.

Once you have disabled all of the purchase restrictions, sign in to the child account and purchase the Xbox game pass Ultimate.

After purchasing the subscription, you can enable the purchase restrictions again using your Parent account on Family settings.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. CAPNSOGG Win User

upgrade from game pass core to "Console" or Ultimate

Hi All.

I have both core and console game pass, therefore I have two monthly subscriptions and charges.

If I upgrade my core to ultimate, can I delete my console game pass subscription without any hassles ??
  4. Sheri M1 Win User

What happens if I upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate if I already have Core with 11 months left?

Hi Gerardo,

I’ve just paid for 3 mths of Core and want to upgrade to Ultimate.

Can you please show me how to do the actual upgrade from Core to Ultimate?

I can’t see an option to do the upgrade on the Xbox website.

This is the screen I’m looking at:

https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-game-pass?opencontextualstore=true&contextualstoreparams=CFQ7TTC0KHS0&OCID=PROD_AMC_CONS_ACQ_JOIN

Many thanks!
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Exchange Xbox Core for Xbox for PC

Hi Deja. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Unfortunately, you can't exchange Game Pass Core for PC Game Pass. You can only upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate from Game Pass Core or PC Game Pass. When you upgrade, your subscription time is converted at a ratio of 3:2.

Please reach back if you have further questions.
  6. Vanessaez Win User

Do I need to remove my sons account from family?

Hi Matt B, My name is Vanessa, an independent advisor, and I'm here to guide you on your case.

Yes, you need to remove your child's account from the family in order for them to use their Xbox Game Pass Core subscription. When a child account is in an adult's family, it inherits access to the adult's Xbox Game Pass subscriptions. In this case, your child is inheriting your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, which allows you to play games on two consoles at the same time.

If you remove your child's account from the family, you will need to re-configure it as an adult account. This will allow you to assign them an Xbox Game Pass Core subscription, which only allows you to play games on one console at a time.

To remove your child's account from the family, follow these steps:

Sign in to your Xbox account on the Xbox website.
    Click on the "My Family" menu.
    Search for your child's account and click on "Remove."
    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    Once you have removed your child's account from the family, you can assign them an Xbox Game Pass Core subscription. To do this, follow these steps:

Sign in to your child's account on the Xbox website.
    Click on the "My Account" menu.
    Click on "Subscriptions."
    Click on "Add a subscription."
    Select "Xbox Game Pass Core."
    Enter the Xbox Game Pass Core subscription code.
    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    Once you have assigned the Xbox Game Pass Core subscription to your child's account, the games should appear as available to play. If they do not, it is possible that you will need to uninstall the content that they downloaded and re-download it through Xbox Game Pass Core.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
Thema:

1. How can I upgrade a games pass core to ultimate on my childs account - Similar Threads - upgrade games pass

2. why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING: I redeemed reward points so I could change from game pass core to game pass ultimate has NOT WORKED on xbox showing in my order history states its done but it has NOT when I go onto my xbox one...
  3. What I have to do for upgrade from Game Pass Core to Ultimate?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What I have to do for upgrade from Game Pass Core to Ultimate?: Hi to all, when i try to upgrade from Core to Ultimate the console give a link but then seem have to play 1 month of Ultimate and ask credit card number . It's ok this process? Of course i don't...
  4. Hello I was wondering how to upgrade to a Xbox game pass pc when you already put a gift...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello I was wondering how to upgrade to a Xbox game pass pc when you already put a gift...: Hello I was wondering how to upgrade to a Xbox game pass pc when you already put a gift card for Xbox pc that was 29.99 ? 204c71b8-0398-49de-9965-3bff7b4f5495
  5. Upgrading a game pass gift card to ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upgrading a game pass gift card to ultimate: My son was just given a 6 month game pass core subscription gift card that he entered into his Xbox 5 days ago. I upgraded him to a game pass ultimate subscription a day later and it is not taking...
  6. What happens if I upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate if I already have Core with 11 months left?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens if I upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate if I already have Core with 11 months left?: What happens if I upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate if I already have Core with 11 months left? I have bought a year and got a 1-month prepaid code as a gift for Ultimate so can I add it? If it gets...
  7. I purchased Starfield on my XBox console and upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but I am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Starfield on my XBox console and upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but I am...: I am not sure what I am missing. I can launch and play Starfield under my Xbox account, but my son cannot play it under his. I do have Microsoft Family Safety installed, but I have removed all age...
  8. Starfield won't launch on xbox game pass for pc(premium upgrade purchased)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield won't launch on xbox game pass for pc(premium upgrade purchased): When I try to launch it says game has crashed Error code:0xc0000005. I tried repair, reset, starting as administrator from desktop shortcut. I tried sfc/scannow from cmd and restart. Help....
  9. Can't access Starfield via Game Pass, even with Premium Upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access Starfield via Game Pass, even with Premium Upgrade: Hi. I've downloaded and installed Starfield through Game Pass Ultimate, and I've also bought the Premium Edition Upgrade, but I still can't start the game 33cad8a0-1975-4ee0-80db-d8c35763e5a1
  10. Starfield premium upgrade from game pass on xbox series x NOT LAUNCHING TOO EALY!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield premium upgrade from game pass on xbox series x NOT LAUNCHING TOO EALY!!!!: Seriously sort this out, literally thousands of people are in the same boat, I bought the premium upgrade on Xbox Game pass for Starfield, and more than 30 minutes after the supossed launch time...