How can I turn off hearing the Xbox party chat in my Twitch stream?

Discus and support How can I turn off hearing the Xbox party chat in my Twitch stream? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just started playing on PC and I was using the Xbox "app?" that comes installed on the desktop. When I'm in a Xbox party chat and I stream, I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HTX Cloud 9, Sep 10, 2021.

1. HTX Cloud 9
    HTX Cloud 9 Guest

Hi, I just started playing on PC and I was using the Xbox "app?" that comes installed on the desktop. When I'm in a Xbox party chat and I stream, I can hear my friends voice coming through the Twitch stream. Even when I stream myself playing a Steam game, their voice still comes through if I'm just using the Xbox party to talk to them only. I know when I streamed from my console, there was a way for them to disable their voice in the stream. But I cannot find anything about turning that off on PC.

It sucks when they can hear themselves talk when they watch my stream while we're chatting in the party.

:)

HTX Cloud 9, Sep 10, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor

How are you, mate?

In Twitch's Audio Mixer app did you add ''gamebar.exe'' audio to the chat mixer and mute the sound?
  3. Killercrank Win User

Twitch streaming

Whenever I stream on twitch on my Xbox, my chat cant hear my friends in game chat not party just the in-game chat. How do I get them to hear them without a capture card or anything? I have a Kinect sensor.
    As far as I'm aware, that feature is not available at this time. Your friends will need to be in party chat with you and will have to stay in party chat in order for your viewers to hear them.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

cant hear voice chat in fortnite on twitch stream xbox

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey CharlesGamer, how are you today? Hope you're well.

You would have to configure the stream to enable the chat of Xbox and also, all of your friends, that are in the party, have to set their privacy settings to allow their voices to be shared in a stream.

Method 1 – Xbox Party Chat

Xbox has a feature built in allowing you to share your Xbox Party chat through the Twitch app. However for this to work everyone in your party chat will have to confirm that they allow their chat to be broadcast. This will allow your Twitch chat to hear anyone that you are playing with in your party. Your Twitch chat may still not be able to hear other players that are in your game depending on the game you are playing.

Step 1 – Start A Party

The first thing you need to do is start a party with your friends. To do this hit the Xbox Button on your controller to open the menu and then select Parties and Chats –> Start A Party. You can then select Invite more and invite your friends to your party.

Step 2 – Allow Audio To Be Broadcast

If you want to broadcast other people’s audio you will need to make sure that they select the “include my audio” checkbox in the Xbox Party Chat screen. To do this click the Xbox Button and then Select Parties and Chats –> Include My Audio.

Step 3 – Set Party Chat Volume In Twitch Chat

You now need to make sure that your party is not muted in the Twitch app on your Xbox. To do this go to the Twitch app, move down to the audio sources and un-mute Party Chat. Here you can also adjust the volume of the party chat to balance your friends audio levels compared to your mic volume on the stream.

Method 2 – In-Game Chat

In certain games you are able to hear your in-game chat on your stream. This means that in some games you can play with Randoms and your Twitch stream will be able to hear the people you are playing with. However there is a lot of games that do not allow you to broadcast game chat due to privacy reasons. You will need to check if the game you are playing allows broadcasting or not.
  5. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Questions about using the Twitch App on the Xbox One

The app on the Xbox One is OK for streaming. You can voice chat with viewers by starting a private party and selecting it in the app so the players you are playing with can't hear your stream.

The text chat interface is pretty much useless. I use a twitch app on a tablet if I decide to text chat with viewers.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

Hi AustinM2,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Are you streaming to Twitch directly from the Twitch app on the Xbox? Or are you streaming your Xbox One to your PC through the Xbox Console Companion app? Are you using party chat on the Xbox, or a party through the Xbox Companion app?

What you are describing is by design using the Xbox Live party chats because the servers for the chat are separate from the in-game chat servers. Xbox Live parties effectively mute in-game chat, and mute yourself from in-game chat as well because as I mentioned
    previously, party chats and in-game chats run on different servers. Xbox Live parties are more private channels for chatting with friends, so the muting aspect is by design. I believe this is why many Twitch streamers use Discord since you can hear both the
    Discord chat and in-game chat at the same time.
Thema:

1. How can I turn off hearing the Xbox party chat in my Twitch stream? - Similar Threads - turn off hearing

2. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  3. My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?: This is a bit of a long story with lots of details. I had an Xbox one S (the white one), I used it at the same socket each time and one day it started turning off immediately after turning on. I...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  6. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  7. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  8. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  9. I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat: I have Mic monitoring turned off, and I can still hear myself... Now what? Google isn't helping. 4eb7e6fb-f331-4c73-9d05-f97948d0aaa5
  10. why do I have to constantly turn my headset off and then turn it back on to hear cross...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why do I have to constantly turn my headset off and then turn it back on to hear cross...: Happens all the time with modern warfare 2. Just want to know if there is a permanent fix I’m using a turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 16e5448c-8362-4616-be87-4c4aeb53035f