How can I transfer my son's gaming profile off of my email into his own email?

Discus and support How can I transfer my son's gaming profile off of my email into his own email? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; It seems ridiculous to say the only way to get my son's gaming profile off of my email is to create a whole new gaming profile with his own Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Raymond Segatto, Dec 25, 2023.

1. How can I transfer my son's gaming profile off of my email into his own email?

It seems ridiculous to say the only way to get my son's gaming profile off of my email is to create a whole new gaming profile with his own Microsoft account. My son constantly is locking my email and forcing a new password and there's no way for me to remove my email from the account without causing other issues.

Why can't this be a simple email transfer request or profile transfer request? There has to be some way to retain his gaming achievements and profile without me losing my email.

Adding a new email and deleting mine is not an option. I've read plenty of articles stating that you can no longer use the email address after you do that and this is my primary email I use. There has to be other options and if not Microsoft needs to figure out a way to do it.

:)

Raymond Segatto, Dec 25, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Raymond, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Yes, you can move the Xbox profile and gamer tag to a new email. Your saved game progress and contacts will also be moved to the new email.

To move your Xbox profile, follow these steps:

-Sign in to your Microsoft account with your Hotmail email address.
    Go to your Microsoft account settings page.

-In the "Contact Information" section, click "Change primary email address."

-Enter your new Outlook email address.

-Click "Next".

-Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Once you've completed these steps, your child will be able to sign in to their Xbox profile using their new Outlook email address. Your saved game progress and his contacts will be transferred automatically.

Here are some tips for moving Xbox profile:

1. Make sure the new email address is set up correctly.

2. If your child has an Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass subscription, be sure to transfer it to their new email address.

3. If your child has an Xbox gift card or discount code, be sure to redeem it before moving the profile.

Information source: https://support.microsoft.com/accou...rección-de-correo-electrónico-o-el-número-de- tel%C3%A9phone-of-your-microsoft-account-761a662d-8032-88f4-03f3-c9ba8ba0e00b

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, if it works let me know and have a nice day. Jhon
  3. KindGryphon Win User

It seems ridiculous to say the only way to get my son's gaming profile off of my email is to create a whole new gaming profile with his own Microsoft account. My son constantly is locking my email and forcing a new password and there's no way for me to remove my email from the account without causing other issues.

Why can't this be a simple email transfer request or profile transfer request? There has to be some way to retain his gaming achievements and profile without me losing my email.

Adding a new email and deleting mine is not an option. I've read plenty of articles stating that you can no longer use the email address after you do that and this is my primary email I use. There has to be other options and if not Microsoft needs to figure out a way to do it.
    Its not a simple transfer because your email (which is your Microsoft account) IS the Xbox profile and vice versa. They are all one in the same and all tied together. They are all intertwined.

Unfortunately one of you is going to have to start over if you want things complete separate from each other. (either you with a brand new email or your kid with a brand new xbox account.)
  4. Raymond Segatto Win User

Is the master password different than email password? Currently there is a pin code set. But after he fails the pin code multiple times it asks for email password. That's when he fails multiple times and forces the email account to lock and password reset when I try to access my email.

To be clear, it's his account that I set up to my email... he should have access to play games. But no access to make purchases without parent override. Is there a way to make the parent override be through mobile/desktop approval? That way I can turn off purchases on his account all together.

Lesson learned for all parents, don't set up your kids account to your email! You'll never get rid of it and when they are older they will want to keep their profile and it won't be possible without losing everything.
  5. Vanessaez Win User

Hello Raymond S, I'm Vanessa, an independent advisor, and I'm here to guide you on your case.

I understand your frustration. It's a difficult situation when you can't control your own email.

Currently, there is no way to transfer the game profile from one email to another. The only option is to create a new game profile with the new email address.

However, there are some things you can do to prevent your child from blocking your email.

You can set a master password for your Microsoft account. This will prevent your child from being able to change your email password without your permission.
    You can enable two-factor authentication for your Microsoft account. This will add an extra layer of security that will make it more difficult for your child to log into your account without your permission.
    You can also try talking to your child about the problem. Explain that blocking your email is a violation of your privacy and is causing you problems.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  6. CF076 Win User

HELP WITH ACCOUNT

Ricardo,

Thank you. I have seen the area where I can change my email address and place another. So the 2 questions

1. The current email - my son has a ton of credits or gift cards or something… can that be transferred to the new email? Is there a way to transfer it to the new email. Or transfer his profile to the new email?

2. If I delete the email from what’s there. I can still use this email for regular email use.

The goal is that when my son signs on to his Xbox- it is not my email address and his own assigned email address for that box??

Does this make sense. Can you contact me or can I call you please?
Thema:

1. How can I transfer my son's gaming profile off of my email into his own email? - Similar Threads - transfer son's gaming

2. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  3. My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...: My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the xbox ultimate game pass subscription to the new xbox. Thanks. 7efe3e50-e73a-4500-92be-37f2fd992f6e
  4. Can I transfer vbucks from my Microsoft account to my sons Epic account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer vbucks from my Microsoft account to my sons Epic account?: I was trying to redeem my sons Fortnite V-bucks card he bought and somehow it got loaded onto my Microsoft account instead of his Epic Account, eventhough I was on the Epic website. Is there a way...
  5. Son used Nba2k24 digital code under my account and not his? Anyway to transfer the perks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son used Nba2k24 digital code under my account and not his? Anyway to transfer the perks?: I bought my son the mamba edition of nba2k24 for Christmas. When entering the code he put it under my name and not his. The mamba edition comes with a lot of vc, myteam points, and other perks...
  6. How to transfer my sons xbox account to his own microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer my sons xbox account to his own microsoft account: My sons xbox account is under my microsoft account, as it was setup when he was young. He now wants to transfer this to his own account. I cannot believe the lack of foresight that nobody at...
  7. Son needs help transferring games from Xbox One to Series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son needs help transferring games from Xbox One to Series s: My son is having a couple of issues transferring Dying Light & Battlefield 2042 from Xbox One to Series S. Most of his existing library has successfuly migrated via network transfer, but with...
  8. Can I transfer my son's minecraft hero game data to his own microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer my son's minecraft hero game data to his own microsoft account?: Hi there, I migrated my son's mojang account to my microsoft account. I bought a game pass and he's enjoying playing minecraft dungeons. I want to play alongside with him. Is it possible to...
  9. I’ve bought a game for my son but on my email/account - how do I transfer??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve bought a game for my son but on my email/account - how do I transfer??: I’m new to all of this so sorry for sounding like an absolute dimwit At Xmas I bought a game from amazon. It came with a code which I easily added into Xbox to redeem However, just bought a code...
  10. Transfer DLC and game saves to a new profile (same xbox360) for my son - possible ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer DLC and game saves to a new profile (same xbox360) for my son - possible ?: Done a bit of research, but getting confused now. I'll try and be as clear as I can. My 6yo son recently got into Lego in a big way, so I got him a few games for my xbox360. I didn't bother to...